2 Plate Bench, 3 Plate Squat, and 4 Plate Deadlift by 2019

OH BTW there was a PR on the squats congrats

1 Like

Thanks man, squat prs are the best

1 Like

Just found out today that the deadlift was a hip hinge movement and thus I needed to use my hips to lower the weight down instead of bending at the waist.

Same here! At 50 and <150 (weight class athlete), I’ll be thrilled the day I reach 1/2/3/4 (I include the OHP). I’ve got a way to go (current 1 RM equivs 125/195/266/299) but no real time limit,

2 Likes

I hear you man, I hear you

Feb 15th
This is a continuation of the feb 13th workout.
Squat = 70 kgs X 6, 5, 5(a pr of around 3 kilos/7 pounds)
Stiff Legged deadlifts = 62 x 8,6,6(pr of 2 kilos/4 pounds)
Weighted Planks = 15 kilos X 45 seconds, 45, 45

My next full fledged workout will be tomorrow(Feb 16th)

1 Like

It’s raining PR’s in this log.
Nice work my antagonistic friend.

I need to reach your numbers, right :slight_smile: ?

What kind of athlete are you, if you dont mind me asking? Is it a fighting sport?

No athlete here, just an old guy trying to keep his ass in shape.
From start 90’s to around 2005 I did bike racing, and made it to the elite group in my country, not pro racing though, but I was fairly good. Before that I did triathlons, and to be honest my swimming let me down, i did mostly olympic distances 1500 m svim, 40 km bike and 10 km run. I did the biking in just under an hour and the running best 10 km i competition 38 minutes, but the swim was about 28 minutes, really bad I was out of the water almost 8 minutes after the best. So I switched to pure bike racing. I did some icehockey following the bike racing, that was fun. I’ve coached soccer (my sons team) for almost 10 years. So staying in shape is part of my life.
EDIT: do you participate in any sports?

2 Likes

Yeah I used to play basketball for my highschool team, played cricket for the last 6 years and I’ve trained boxing for a little more than a year. I want to get more proficient in boxing and also add some kicks,elbows and knees to my repertoire through muay Thai coaching. Im a giant mma fan, been watching it for damn near 10 years which is the reason why i want on learn all of these arts.

2 Likes

Also that’s fucking cool being elite at something. You must have put in a lot of effort

Oh yeah, I was on the bike for somewhere between 20 - 30 hours each week. Besides 40 hour at work.
Those mma fighters are looking extremely fit. And boxers do too. It’s really tough training I think. Know some guys boxing and doing mma stuff, they say it’s really hard.

1 Like

It is quite hard I’d be in the gym for 2 to 2 and a half hours a day along with half an hour of road work 5 days a week and that’s just for amateurs. . The pros used to work out 6+ hours a day(broken into two parts) 5 to 6 days a week, it was grueling but a ton of fun, the camaraderie that you get in a boxing gym is second to none imo.

1 Like

Yes, the “gentle” one. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.

1 Like

Proceeds to list various sports, at least one at elite level…

3 Likes

haha I can see that, but for many years I have not done anything other than trying to keep in shape.

1 Like

Ah the good old gentle art where you can snap people’s arms.off and choke people unconscious. Who do you have in the stipe vs dc fight?

Stupid me, just saw that you are wearing a gi in your profile pic. Of course it’s bjj

I haven’t seen as much Miocic as I’d like. But comparing their two HW resumes, Stipe’s wins are much more impressive (Dos Santos, Ngannou, Overeem, Werdum, Arlovski, Hunt - all but one a finish) compared to DC’s (Nelson, Mir, Barnett, no finishes). Love Cormier, he’s a class act. But I believe in weight divisions.

1 Like