T Nation

2 Months Off, How Much Will Lifts Suffer?

Im looking at about 2 months off from lifting, how much would that bring my bench and squat down?

21.2lbs for squat, 34.7 for DL

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
21.2lbs for squat, 34.7 for DL[/quote]

What about bench press?

[quote]BigMbot wrote:
JayPierce wrote:
21.2lbs for squat, 34.7 for DL

What about bench press?[/quote]

Lol, Im sure he was kidding man, it depends, i think you’ll lose a decent amount, but gain it back rather quickly.

Do bodyweight stuff if you can a couple times a week. This can help maintain strength in the absence of a fixed bar or dumbbell.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
21.2lbs for squat, 34.7 for DL[/quote]

Agree with the squat but in the dead you are WAY off. It’s going to decrease with 34.3.

Start low and find you new levels. You should return to your former PR’s rather quickly

What a ridiculous question.

[quote]rsg wrote:
What a ridiculous question.[/quote]

At least he’s not out being up kids…

You lifts will increase with all that recovery time actually.

I apologize. I was being a smartass. There’s no way to know how it will affect your lifts, but don’t worry. Any losses will come back quickly.

I doubt you’ll see any gains because of recovery time. I think it was Coach Poliquin who said you could deload as low as 60% for up to three weeks without seeing any losses. Any more than that, and you’re going to have to do some extra work when you get back.

i don’t.

:slight_smile:

Your lifts will not be affected if you incorporate some exercises. Handstand pushups, one arm pushups, pullups, hindu squats, jumprope. They might actually increase if u plan a good routine based on these exercises.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
rsg wrote:
What a ridiculous question.

At least he’s not out being up kids…[/quote]

Alright, I was a little heated before when I said that stuff, sorry.

[quote]steel_12 wrote:
Your lifts will not be affected if you incorporate some exercises. Handstand pushups, one arm pushups, pullups, hindu squats, jumprope. They might actually increase if u plan a good routine based on these exercises.[/quote]

My knuckle is busted, using my right hand is out of the question.

the real question is how well trained you are at the moment. and seeing as the naivete of your question im going to assume you not that experienced. So your lifts shouldnt drop too much compared to a very well training lifter

[quote]getfast24 wrote:
the real question is how well trained you are at the moment. and seeing as the naivete of your question im going to assume you not that experienced. So your lifts shouldnt drop too much compared to a very well training lifter[/quote]

Ive been training seriousley for over a year, i even started westside about 5 weeks ago.

[quote]BigMbot wrote:
steel_12 wrote:
Your lifts will not be affected if you incorporate some exercises. Handstand pushups, one arm pushups, pullups, hindu squats, jumprope. They might actually increase if u plan a good routine based on these exercises.

My knuckle is busted, using my right hand is out of the question.[/quote]

I would make the joke, but it’s too easy.

I assume you can still squat?? Look for the smolov squat cycle and ive it a blast. At least you won’t be doing much upper body work so you can hopefully recover from workout to workout.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
BigMbot wrote:
steel_12 wrote:

My knuckle is busted, using my right hand is out of the question.

I would make the joke, but it’s too easy.

I assume you can still squat?? Look for the smolov squat cycle and ive it a blast. At least you won’t be doing much upper body work so you can hopefully recover from workout to workout.[/quote]

I dont think i can squat, there putting me in an arm cast because movement from my forearm can disrupt the healing cycle of my knuckle, so I cant do anything.

Front squat…