2 Months Into First Bulk

Currently 21 yrs old, 5’3. I used to weigh about 160 lbs (fat kid), I dieted and ate like an anorexic girl for about a year. Got down to about 120 lbs. I still never looked how I wanted to (still looked flabby kind of fat, just not good).

People suggested I try bulking 6 months. So I am 2 months in. I started eating and lifting a lot. I am currently at 132 lbs (the weight came back on pretty quick at first cause I was close to starving myself).

What do you think of my progress? I’m a bit disappointed myself. I know my muscles are bigger because I can see it and I am definitely stronger. But I’m not really sure what to do about it. I’m still kind of flabby but still don’t have enough muscle to “cut”. What do you think my bf% is? 20-21%? I think I’m just become fatter, I dunno. What do you guys think??

Strength: 3x8
Bench: 60lbs → 105 lbs
Deadlift: 80 lbs → 150 lbs
Squat: Unknown (no squat rack…yet)

The first two are two months ago, the others are today.

My routine:
Alternating workout A and B likes so:
A,off,B,off,off repeat

Workout A
Barbell Bench 3x8
Standing Shoulder Press 3x8
Dips 3xf (currently ~ 3x9)
Close Grip Bench 2x8
Abs

Workout B
Pull-up 3xf (currently ~ 3x5)
Deadlift 3x8
Barbell Row 3x8
Dumbell Lunges 3x8
Standing Bicep Curls 3x10

On the off days I walk for 1 hour uphill, once a week I jog.
My diet is basically pretty clean, lot of protein, eggs, nuts, chicken, beef, fish,whey,
for carbs mostly fruits and vegetables, some whole wheat bread once in a while

I know this isn’t some kind of super routine but shouldn’t I still be seeing some decent gains? I look at people on this forum and they look amazing, I don’t look anything like them. I see people that have naturally better physiques than I do and they don’t even go to the gym and eat whatever they want.

Should I change my routine? Stick with it for a couple of more months?
I need muscle mass, and a routine thats simple to follow that I can do at my house.

Where am I going wrong here? Is this ok progress for 2 months or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

a. I hardly consider you flabby
b. It looks like nice growth to me

All in all, for TWO MONTHS visually I think it is good progress, maybe not drop dead good results. Consistency is key.

Quit comparing yourself to other people. If you think your not working hard enough, up your intensity and volume your body will tell you when your asking too much.

Your gains are impressive so far. Look at the differences in the weights that you lift. You have to stick at it for longer than 2 months if you want to be larger. You need to put in a good few years of solid training and eating correctly.

I think a big part of bodybuilding is the mental hurdles you have to overcome. I’m facing this also…where I’m not pleased with my progress. I think in situations like this you can fold or keep moving ahead. Personally, I think you look a lot better in your new pics.

If your starting to doubt your progress or need a little re-motivation read this article.
http://www.T-Nation.com/article/atomic_dog/of_batman_and_superman

For the love of god and all that is holy…GET RID OF THAT MUSTACHE!!!

Other than that, you look like you are putting the weight on well.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. I am definitely gonna stick with it, focus on eating better and just getting my lifts up.

[quote]funkhauser wrote:
For the love of god and all that is holy…GET RID OF THAT MUSTACHE!!!

Other than that, you look like you are putting the weight on well.[/quote]

LOL, you don’t like it? Almost everyone I know thinks I look better with it

i dont know if this can be considered advice but i myself have gained 10 lbs in one month doing only pull ups and deads.

not only did i gain 10 lbs but i put on size also.

i guess my point is you dont have to do anything out of the ordinary.

try something like this

monday

deadlift
dumbbell bench press
lat pulldown
seated row

tuesday
bench press
lunges

wednesday
squats
seated rows
military press
tbar row

thursday
rest

friday
squats
bench press
lat pulldown

sat/sun (optional)

ARMS

use 3 x 12 for all 4 x 8 if u wanna go a bit heavier.