2 Month Cut

Hey guys, I’m two days into my 28 day cut and I have a few questions. I’m going for a 100 carb diet.

Stats:
Weight: 208 lbs
BF: No idea, but overweight
Goal: 200 lbs
Normal Caloric Range: 3,475
Target Caloric Range: 2,475-2,780- depends on the lifting day.

Diet: I would love to be more percise on what I eat, and what I’m listing, but since I go to a boarding school I usually don’t have too much of a choice in what’s served for the meals, except breakfeast. And I’m not allowed to have a refridgerator.

I take GNC MEGA MEN SPORT dietary supplement along with breakfeast.
Breakfeast: usually 3 plates of scrambled eggs, and some peanut butter/meat depending on what’s being served.
Snack 1: Protein Bar
Lunch: Usually alot of some type of meat, in necissary cases the meat involves deli ham, and some veggies
Snack 2: Beef Jerkey
Dinner: Similar to lunch, a lot of meat, and some veggies
I drink nothing but water the entire day.

Question 1: Is it ok to go 10g’s of carbs above 100 if they are good carbs? There is relatively low sugar or empty carbs in my diet.

Question 2: I am following the workout schedule from the Maximize Weight Loss article, Destroying Fat
Should I added another Alactic to the Quad/Ham day. I can outline the entire thing if needed, but the article supplies a the outline for what I used to design mine.

Question 3: Should I add a fifth day of trainning? If so, I was thinking some powercleans, and minor muscles not really targeted through the main workouts. The cardio for that day would be interval trainning around a track of sprinting straights and jogging curves.

Question 4: My protein drink is perfect for gaining, but should I use it for cutting? Or should I get the protein from other animal sources? I ask because it would take up half of my allowed carbs.

Any help or advice ya’ll can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Also, any snacks that I could buy at a store and store in my room that would be beneficiary?

Thanks guys- if you have any questions feel free to ask, sorry if my info is wrong, I’m new to planning nutrition

You can go 10g over 100g. Just make sure you still count total calories. Also, don’t start doing power cleans. You’re too untrained to o-lift, you’ll end up getting injured.

Just bust your ass and be smart about nutrition choices. You can easily lose 15+ pounds of pure fat in 2 months. Don’t overthink nutrition. A good quality protein powder is interchangeable for cutting and bulking. 8 pounds of fat loss in 28 days should likewise be no problem at all if you stick to it and get after it everyday.

Thanks Lover, I’ll hold off on the cleans. An thanks BPT.

Anohter question just poped up, should I allow a cheat meal once or twice a week? I was reading it in an article on here I think…

Thanks guys

Some people tend to be natural undereaters and other people tend to be natural overeaters. Try to figure whether you’re an endomorph or ectomorph. If you’re an endomorph (naturally heavy), you should do things like limit snacking. 5-6 meals a day might be helpful to some people, but I think the best thing you could do is limit yourself to 3 meals a day, and calculate how many calories are in each meal. Try to stay under 1500 calories if possible.

If you goal is weightloss, you should focus on that. Weight lifting is a great sport, but you won’t be able to make gains while you’re losing weight. If you aren’t careful about your calories you could end up gaining weight on that sort of diet. Another thing is: make sure you have clear goals, such as losing weight, or gaining weight.

[quote]SteelerFan02 wrote:
Thanks Lover, I’ll hold off on the cleans. An thanks BPT.

Anohter question just poped up, should I allow a cheat meal once or twice a week? I was reading it in an article on here I think…

Thanks guys[/quote]

Well from reading around and experience, generally you won’t need a cheat meal for at least 2-3 weeks. I personally have a a cheat day at the 3 week mark, then every 7 days thereafter. Not so much for a mental benefit anymore, rather a physical one, as the fat keeps coming off after one.

thanks rocky, i’ll hold off on those for now. and lover, i’m an endomorph, i’ll cut the snacking. that should be easy.

thanks guy.

also if anyone could get back to me by 9pm with an answer here it’d be great.
what would be an ok meal at a mall’s food court? we are going to one tonight an i dont have a choice not to go…

thanks rocky, i’ll hold off on those for now. and lover, i’m an endomorph, i’ll cut the snacking. that should be easy.

thanks guy.

what would be an ok meal at a mall’s food court? we are going to one tonight an i dont have a choice not to go…

thanks guy.

thanks rocky, i’ll hold off on those for now. and lover, i’m an endomorph, i’ll cut the snacking. that should be easy. my goal is weight loss

thanks guy.

a non fried piece of meat with vegetables. Like a salad with chicken on top and minimal dressing.

[quote]Lover95 wrote:
Try to stay under 1500 calories if possible.[/quote]

Per day??? Try again.

Are you implying one shouldn’t lift weights when trying to lose weight? And I’m pretty sure his goal is to cut…as in fat…not weight. Although, if he did stop lifting weights, he probably would lose weight by losing muscle. I see what you’re getting at now.

jskrabac, i think he meant 1500 per meal. an ya, that would be my goal, my bad

thanks guys

as far as eating goes when at school counting cals is virtually impossible so eat any meat , fish , eggs as much as you could put in an open hand etc and leave out chips , rice , pasta and any starchy carbs etc and any pies pastry’s n stuff like that what you have no idea whats in them and load up on veg’s.
no snacking n no junk at all and fuck the cheat meal .

any carbs you have eat them around w/o time (half a cup of oats before n half a cup after) the rest of the time all carbs from veg’s.
as for training what ever your doing keep it hard and heavy so what ever your max weights are now dont drop below that even if the reps start to drop dont be tempted to drop the weight to get the reps in .

Thanks Lia, those are some nice tips.