T Nation

2 Hour Catabolism

I used to play basketball before this till I kinda dislocated my arm like twice so the doc says basketball would have to stop for the mo.
Since then I’ve solely weight train for 1 1/2 years already.

Problem is lately my dad’s badminton buddies kinda stop playing and he is now harping onto the sons-yes me and my bro- to play with him every weekend. And thats for 2 hours.
If you guys ever watch badminton games… well you could say its one of the fastest game around and its really vigorous (yes i live in a country where ppl love badminton.

I dont want to disappoint the old man and tell him i dont want to have some weekend fun with him because Im afraid of some 2 hour ‘catabolism’ which he prolly wont even get it.
The bigger prob is tht the dude wants to make this like twice or thrice a week.

So just asking, any advice to not go into a catabolic mode like choice of food or sumfink. Personally I take protein+carbs before cardio and protein+fats after.
Would it be good to take in something high GI in the middle, like having a Surge or a piece of fruit or sumfink then resume playing.

Thx in advance and sorry for being such a nagging pussy here.

PARALYSIS BY ANALYSIS

Are you prepping top be the next Mr O this year?? and cant spare an OUNCE of weight??

Go play have fun and hell it may even help your physique and athletetic goals.

As for catabolism. Dont go in hungry as in eat a bit before you go and sure bring some liquid nutrition along hell even as simple as some Skim milk, or a Metabolic Drive, or Surge, etc…

Just dont go in fasted and you’ll be fine.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
PARALYSIS BY ANALYSIS

Are you prepping top be the next Mr O this year?? and cant spare an OUNCE of weight??

Go play have fun and hell it may even help your physique and athletetic goals.

As for catabolism. Dont go in hungry as in eat a bit before you go and sure bring some liquid nutrition along hell even as simple as some Skim milk, or a Metabolic Drive, or Surge, etc…

Just dont go in fasted and you’ll be fine.

Phill[/quote]

Thx man. I guess after spending every evening reading anti-aerobics articles has made me aerobicphobic or sumfink.
Esp if you are reminded often that cardio kills ur muscle or sumfink like that.
Reading ur post makes me feel like i’ve just jumped back to reality.
Now i feel stupid for posting it.

[quote]tjun wrote:

Problem is lately my dad’s badminton buddies kinda stop playing and he is now harping onto the sons-yes me and my bro- to play with him every weekend. And thats for 2 hours.
If you guys ever watch badminton games… well you could say its one of the fastest game around and its really vigorous (yes i live in a country where ppl love badminton.

I dont want to disappoint the old man and tell him i dont want to have some weekend fun with him because Im afraid of some 2 hour ‘catabolism’ which he prolly wont even get it.

[/quote]

Man, thats criminal, how dare your father ask his two sons to do some aerobics !

JK. Thats awesome, if getting to hang out with your dad isn’t enough incentive, then think of it as 2 hours to burn fat, or take some surge with you and sip it during the match and think of it as GPP.

Enjoy!

protein shake and cottage cheese before :slight_smile:

[quote]tjun wrote:

Thx man. I guess after spending every evening reading anti-aerobics articles has made me aerobicphobic or sumfink.
Esp if you are reminded often that cardio kills ur muscle or sumfink like that.
Reading ur post makes me feel like i’ve just jumped back to reality.
Now i feel stupid for posting it. [/quote]

No prob man and been there done that. Take all the great info in stride use it and make it fit YOUR life and goals but not run your life. Have some fun.

[quote]tjun wrote:
I used to play basketball before this till I kinda dislocated my arm like twice so the doc says basketball would have to stop for the mo.
Since then I’ve solely weight train for 1 1/2 years already.

So just asking, any advice to not go into a catabolic mode like choice of food or sumfink. Personally I take protein+carbs before cardio and protein+fats after.
Would it be good to take in something high GI in the middle, like having a Surge or a piece of fruit or sumfink then resume playing.

Thx in advance and sorry for being such a nagging pussy here.[/quote]

If you want to get big, eat like a monster and it might work… but imo, badminton dosen’t fit with getting big.

I do 4 hours of INTENSE badminton training each week + 3-4 sessions at the gym. I eat normally so I can get the physique to perform in my sport.

If you want to get in shape for badminton, you will get the physique needed with my pattern. I’m very lean, have a good cardio, good muscle endurance and powerful legs.

BTW Badminton is the second most popular sport in the world after soccer. PPL loves badminton everywhere… except in this forum.