T Nation

2 Days of BBB Legs?


#1

Was just wondering if it would be stupid to add in two days of BBB leg work? My legs is lagging behind (never had any good development in those darn sticks.)

I was thinking something like this:

Day 1.
5/3/1 Squats
BBB safety bar squats
Abs

Day 2.
5/3/1 Bench
BBB Press
Lats 5 x 10

Day 3.
5/3/1 Deadlift
BBB Front squats
Abs or Back raises

Day 4.
5/3/1 Press
BBB Close grip bench
lats 5 x 10

I guess most of it is ok as I was going to use similar exercises, but would this be to much work in the squating pattern?


#2

That provides zero advantage over the program as written. If your legs don’t grow on the program as written, you’re screwing something up.


#3

This would be fine, as far as work load is concerned, since legs twice a week is the idea on BBB anyway. Not entirely sure that squatting the extra day instead of just deadlifting like the program says would have any real advantage, though.


#4

Pause at the bottom of the bbb squat work. Feel the muscle.

Extra day of squat for a cycle is a good mental challenge, I reckon but you are unlikely to be able to just add that work without something giving way. It’s best if you plan for it and decide what it will be rather than having your body decide for you.

Also some stats? If you’re squat 80kg, well…


#5

[quote]tsantos wrote:
Pause at the bottom of the bbb squat work. Feel the muscle.

Extra day of squat for a cycle is a good mental challenge, I reckon but you are unlikely to be able to just add that work without something giving way. It’s best if you plan for it and decide what it will be rather than having your body decide for you.

Also some stats? If you’re squat 80kg, well…[/quote]

You are not far of :(, TM for squat is 112.5kgs, TM for safetybar is 95kg and front squats TM is 80. Just done 2 cycles of fullbody training (3-days a week) with SST template as assistance on safetybar and front squats the day I didn’t do Squats. I did all leg work before starting anything else.


#6

You don’t need additional leg work. You need to consistently run the program. Once you’re squatting 400, tell us if you still need another leg day.

That said, how many hills have you run lately?


#7

[quote]tsantos wrote:
You don’t need additional leg work. You need to consistently run the program. Once you’re squatting 400, tell us if you still need another leg day.

That said, how many hills have you run lately? [/quote]

I’ve run 2 days week and been doing bjj 2-3 days a week (not been going to crazy with bjj lately, but been in class and rolled light and drilled.)


#8

I think you are in the wrong forum. You should try the bodybuilder forum. The 531 program is all about getting awesome, not jerking in the mirror.


#9

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:
I think you are in the wrong forum. You should try the bodybuilder forum. The 531 program is all about getting awesome, not jerking in the mirror. [/quote]

I’ll just take that as my question was stupid then and do it as writen.