2 Days a Week, Does This Look Right?

Hi, I am new on the board so first post.

I am currently using the 2-day a week template from 531-2nd but I am wondering about the volume of my assistance work. I just got 531 Forever and the I am trying to follow the 50-100 reps of Push/Pull/Single leg core. The Following is what I do. For what I can see My Pull and Single Leg/Core fall between the 50-100 reps range. My doubt is in my push. Can somebody critique this?

I tink the obvious is I need to increase the push assistance by at least 20 reps.

Monday

SQuat 5/3/1 Sets and Reps
Bench 5/3/1 Sets and Reps
Pendlay Rows 3 x 10
Incline DB Presses 3 x 10
Rear Delts 3 x 20
GHD 3 x 10
Planks 3 X 20s

Push-(incline DB Press=30)
Pull-(Rows + Rear delts=60)
Singl leg/core-(GHD +Planks=60 not sure since seconds to reps on planks but I figured 60)

Thursday

Deadlift 5/3/1 Sets and Reps
Press 5/3/1 Sets and Reps
Lat Pulldown 3 x 10
Close Grip Bench 3 x 10
Curls 3 x 10
Back Raises 3 x 10
Leg raise 3 x 10

Push-(CGBP=30)
Pull-(Lat Pulldowns and Curls =60)
Singleleg/core-(back raises +leg raise=60)

Much appreciate any feedback/help.

Assistance work isn’t a huge deal. However it should be focused on building up your weak areas. Try to develop goals for you assistance and it will help you guide your assistance selections.

The rep ranges set out in Forever are solid guidelines, but they are just that. Guidelines. You can do more or less assistance within reason. Like I said, set some goals and get some purpose to guide your training.

Fixing your rep numbers is a simple as doing 5 x 10 instead of 3 x 10.

Focus on your main work, ensure your TM is correct and follow the core principles of 5/3/1. Doing + or - 10 reps of assistance isn’t gonna make a big difference in your progress.

2 Likes