T Nation

2 day training split

What woudl you recommend for a 2 day training split.2 days is all I can fit in.
Day 1:back(chins,lat pull down)
chest(bench press;close-grip bench)
neck
gripwork

Day 2:clean
front squat
neck
gripwork

what’s your opinions?
thanks

I would suggest your read Ian King’s routine for people who can only work out 2 times per week. It’s a nicely laid out 16 week program based on two workouts per week. Or if you don’t want that much variety, I have found this routine to be pretty effective.

Day 1 -

Superset Barbell Squats and Lying Leg Curls feet pointed inward for 3 sets of 6-10 reps each.

Superset - Wide Grip Dips with Chin Ups for 3 sets of 6-8 reps each.

Day 2 -

Superset Deadlifts w/ Lying Leg Curls feet pointed outward for 3 sets of 6-8 reps.

Superset Incline DB Press w/ Barbell Rows for 3 sets of 6-8.

You can go without direct arm work for an extended period provided you are working to increase your poundages on your core lifts.

i like what akash posted. hopefully you have atleast 3 days to recover between workouts. Squats, calves, bench, overhead presses. Deadlifts, rows, pullups, traps. Try the variable load sets posted by Chris T. on one of his old threads. do a search on the forum on it. basically you use 90%, 60%, and maybe 30% of 1 rep max in a drop set. laters pk

why are you depriving the poor boy of the cleans he wants to be doing?

cleans are good but i’d rather do heavy deadlifts if i was not able to do cleans more often. besides if his clean grip deadlift gets stronger he will be able to handle more weight in the clean. Plus he is already hitting front squats which will be taxing the legs twice. 2 long supersets on squats or deads and your legs will be killed. try the varible load training, the extended version. laters pk

Just a thought:

Day 1:
Cleans
Squats of some kind
BenchPress
Rows

Day 2:
Deadlifts
Glute-Hams
Dips
Chins

With the optional isolation work.