T Nation

2 Day Per Week Routine?

Jim, are you still doing this routine? If not how do you still feel about it? The routine seems better suited for my time constraints.

Week One

Day One (Monday)
Squat 5/3/1 sets and reps
SS Bar Squat- 5 sets of 10 reps
SS Bar GM’s or SLDL 5 sets of 10 reps

Day Two (Thursday)
Bench 5/3/1 sets and reps
Swiss Bar (football Bar) Overhead Press 5 sets of 10 reps
T-Bar/Barbell/DB Row (pick one) 5 sets of 10 reps

Week Two

Day One (Monday)
Deadlift - 5/3/1 sets and reps

Day Two (Thursday)
Press 5/3/1 sets and reps
Swiss Bar (football Bar) Bench Press 5 sets of 10 reps

Go for it dude.

How do you think he feels about it if he wrote it? Go kill it , 2 days a week is great always fresh an mentally prepared to run through a wall.

Thanks guys. I was going to see what Jim thought as I didn’t know if his view on it has changed. With my Gym (and the fact I am not a power lifter) odds are I may use the SS Bar for main squats as well.

[quote]Toshiero wrote:
Jim, are you still doing this routine? If not how do you still feel about it? The routine seems better suited for my time constraints.

Week One

Day One (Monday)
Squat 5/3/1 sets and reps

Day Two (Thursday)
Bench 5/3/1 sets and reps
Swiss Bar (football Bar) Overhead Press 5 sets of 10 reps

Week Two

Day One (Monday)
Deadlift - 5/3/1 sets and reps

Day Two (Thursday)
Press 5/3/1 sets and reps
Swiss Bar (football Bar) Bench Press 5 sets of 10 reps
[/quote]

Sometimes - this is one of many favorite 2 Day/Week routines.

Thanks Jim I appreciate you taking the time to respond. With my schedule and trying to get some throws in this offseason, 2 days per week is what I can get in.

Update: after having needed knee surgery I am going to start this routine this week. Turning 45 in a couple days so now is the best time to kick this off

I’ve been training on the 2 days a week program for about a month now. I follow the 2day program from the second edition book ( option 2 ). I don’t do it because of time constraints, I do it because I have never recovered well from any training. I also incorporated the warmup from 1.2 ( defranco agile 8 and the jumps and throws ) I’m stronger and feel better than ever. Good luck