T Nation

2 Articles About Testosterone

Quote:
If we had a drug that could restore sexual function in men, make them stronger, build their bones, reduce fat and get rid of the blues, you'd say, 'Oh my God, why doesn't everybody know about it?' There is a drug like that - but the public associates testosterone with cheating and illicit behavior and the fact that 40 years ago, it was thought to give people prostate cancer.

This one is written by a doctor:

Quotes:
A 20-year study of testosterone levels in men found that testosterone concentrations dropped about 1.2% per year, or about 17% overall, from 1987 to 2004. The downward trend was seen in both the population and in individuals over time.
Married men have lower testosterone levels than single guys.
It's estimated that two million to four million American men have a significant testosterone deficiency and that less than 5% of them are getting treatment.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I love the comments from the ill informed emasculating feminists testosterone causes rage, no douche ill informed smucks who only know about steroids from the Ben Affleck after school special and the fact that Lyle Alzado died of steroids causes rage

Fucking dikes shouldnt be allowed to communicate on the internet. (because of their ignorant, bitchy, hyper-feminist attitude)

I have no doubt that testosterone levels are dropping in the general population. But the drop can be attributed to a lot of lifestyle factors that can easily be avoided by following a decent diet, getting enough sleep and exercise. Testosterone killing anti-depressants are also being prescribed in much higher rates than they were 20 years ago, probably enough to knock the overall numbers down a percent or two at least.

On the other hand, the ancient Greeks heroes of Homer often lamented the fact that they weren’t half the men their fathers were, and that the race of men was on a long steady decline through the ages. I look around me now and I am sure they were right.

people have been saying that shit for centuries, usually its in the form of the next generation is lazy and worthless and thats been the case since the beginning of mankind.

[quote]rander wrote:
people have been saying that shit for centuries, usually its in the form of the next generation is lazy and worthless and thats been the case since the beginning of mankind.[/quote]

That may be true, but it seems there are more feminized men walking around than ever before. I don’t think it is as simple as “the next generation is lazy”. Kids today aren’t so much lazy as they are weak and lacking any aggressive drive whatsoever.

When in history have so many children just quit exercising to any large degree?

There’s still hope.

Its funny, the United States and a lot of countries continuously affected by it have become weaker, work out much less, and generally smaller. Once you start training to get bigger and stronger and you actually see good results, a lot of people look at you like you were a freak. Masculinity is dropping. It seems that some women are completely defient to accept a men that is masculine, and they only want a man who is just like them. Sorry to say this, but those men have boyfriends.

Now, most men are getting fatter and weaker. I am 14, and I know some adults who cannot lift as much as me. The sad part is, that isnt much. Even in high school where most guys actually want to get big, it is declining, and many guys are dropping masculine activities altogether. No one lifts hard anymore, they just try and flirt. Then make fun of me when I do lift. Although Physical Education is required to graduate, everyone should be required to participate, not just attend

as TomC said on the article “Why all the hatred of men and masculinity these days?”

Also someone went on to say “Unfortunately testosterone causes hypertrophy…”

Unfortunately, you will get big if you have testosterone. OH NO! Not getting big!!

Oh shit, testosterone levels just dropped another 40%

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
http://gawker.com/361508/new-underwear-technology-may-devastate-us-masculinity [/quote]

That’s just wrong.

“See, baby, it lifts and seperates. Now farting is so much easier.”

i was at target one day getting some food on my break and heard some guy talking about “icky fried fat” sounding like a fucking 3 year old and he was talking to his wife too…i dont remember what she looked like exactly but she was fuckable and i dont know how any pussy that calls food “icky fatty” whatever can even get it up let alone get a girlfriend.

[quote]florin wrote:

Quote:
If we had a drug that could restore sexual function in men, make them stronger, build their bones, reduce fat and get rid of the blues, you’d say, ‘Oh my God, why doesn’t everybody know about it?’ There is a drug like that - but the public associates testosterone with cheating and illicit behavior and the fact that 40 years ago, it was thought to give people prostate cancer.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120052504892095691.html

Quotes:
A 20-year study of testosterone levels in men found that testosterone concentrations dropped about 1.2% per year, or about 17% overall, from 1987 to 2004. The downward trend was seen in both the population and in individuals over time.
It’s estimated that two million to four million American men have a significant testosterone deficiency and that less than 5% of them are getting treatment.[/quote]

One of the posts below the first article:

"I participated in a double blind study with high doses of testosterone. I got serious roid rage, raped an old lady and attacked my neighbors dog. Turns out I got the placebo.

Comment by Not Sure - February 27, 2008 at 12:45 am"

[quote]Professor X wrote:
rander wrote:
people have been saying that shit for centuries, usually its in the form of the next generation is lazy and worthless and thats been the case since the beginning of mankind.

That may be true, but it seems there are more feminized men walking around than ever before. I don’t think it is as simple as “the next generation is lazy”. Kids today aren’t so much lazy as they are weak and lacking any aggressive drive whatsoever.

When in history have so many children just quit exercising to any large degree?[/quote]

Historically most peoples exercise was in the form of manual labor, meaning going to work. It seems to me that there are more people going to the gym and putting in an honest effort now than there was 100 years ago. That doesnt mean the average person is stronger or better, in fact I think the average level of strength is likely at an all-time low and declining (in the developed world at least).
I do agree with the point about us having a more feminized culture(emos, feminine men and such).

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:
florin wrote:

Quote:
If we had a drug that could restore sexual function in men, make them stronger, build their bones, reduce fat and get rid of the blues, you’d say, ‘Oh my God, why doesn’t everybody know about it?’ There is a drug like that - but the public associates testosterone with cheating and illicit behavior and the fact that 40 years ago, it was thought to give people prostate cancer.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120052504892095691.html

Quotes:
It’s estimated that two million to four million American men have a significant testosterone deficiency and that less than 5% of them are getting treatment.

One of the posts below the first article:

"I participated in a double blind study with high doses of testosterone. I got serious roid rage, raped an old lady and attacked my neighbors dog. Turns out I got the placebo.

Comment by Not Sure - February 27, 2008 at 12:45 am"
[/quote]

thats hilarious. lol he got the placebo hahahaha.

there is actually an old idea that each generation becomes weaker than the one that preceded it (a la the Greeks). But I’m afraid the process is being rapidly accelerated. As an example, someone I know studied at a school where the head was close to 90 years old (or maybe over) and he told me that this man, who had been in education for nearly 70 years, told him that he began noticing several years ago that the group of guys who come to the place get significantly weaker (physically, mentally,) about EVERY FIVE YEARS. So now a generation’s worth of decline occurs every five years. Scary.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

[/quote]

Poor idiot. The lump should be in front.

it saddens me that there are so many idiots out there who don’t know crap about their own bodies.

it blew me away the other day, i showed someone a pic of stan mcquay - her comment “eww, he’s not soft, i like my men soft”.

she left me with no words…

[quote]Birdman31 wrote:
there is actually an old idea that each generation becomes weaker than the one that preceded it (a la the Greeks). But I’m afraid the process is being rapidly accelerated. As an example, someone I know studied at a school where the head was close to 90 years old (or maybe over) and he told me that this man, who had been in education for nearly 70 years, told him that he began noticing several years ago that the group of guys who come to the place get significantly weaker (physically, mentally,) about EVERY FIVE YEARS. So now a generation’s worth of decline occurs every five years. Scary.[/quote]

Every generation has that idea that the next one is a bunch of punks, if that was the case then how come records keep going up?
The recent group of guys who are punks is because of a more feminized culture and a softer lifestyle. Go listen in on a college english, history or anthropology lecture. Alot of what they say is a reflection of a pussy attitude.

[quote]lil_azn wrote:
it saddens me that there are so many idiots out there who don’t know crap about their own bodies.

it blew me away the other day, i showed someone a pic of stan mcquay - her comment “eww, he’s not soft, i like my men soft”.

she left me with no words…[/quote]

maybe chad is more her type