2 a Days on Cycle

Recently I started up a two a day program as within the past few weeks my views on overtraining have changed quite a bit. I will also admit most of what I do is Bro-science or what works for me. question is who else does two a days on cycle or has done them? Was your gains worth the extra sessions? or would you say its still “overtraining”?

As long as you eat and sleep enough= recovery.

You learn alot about your body and your training doing 2 a days. I think everyone should train that way at some point in their life.

Some train hard, some train long and some train smart; a few can learn how to do them all at once. 2 a days force you to learn and listen to your body and optimally train.

But know when to deload and recover.

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
As long as you eat and sleep enough= recovery.

You learn alot about your body and your training doing 2 a days. I think everyone should train that way at some point in their life.

Some train hard, some train long and some train smart; a few can learn how to do them all at once. 2 a days force you to learn and listen to your body and optimally train.

But know when to deload and recover. [/quote]
I really feel like the dietary intake is my biggest obstacle in this. My solution so far has been to let my diet get a little sloppy for the extra calories.

If I were to try 2/days, I think I’d do bigger, compound exercises in the first workout for sets of 5 or so, then in the evening do a pumping workout, sets of 15-20, short rest periods etc.

That’s how I’d approach it anyway.

So like for back you could do

weighted chins - work up to a set of 5
pull downs - work up to heavy 6-8
some kinda row (upper back focus) - work up to a heavy 6-8 again on these
different kinda row (lat focus) - work up to 6-8 again

then for the later, pumping workout do things like

straight arm pulldowns
one arm rows of some kind
trap raises
face pulls
rear delt flyes

all done for high reps, short rests. Lots of drop sets supersets and other pumping techniques like that. Each workout wouldn’t take longer than 30 - 40 mins or so but you’d be able to keep good intensity through them both I reckon.

That’s how I’d do it anyway, but then again I don’t even lift.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
If I were to try 2/days, I think I’d do bigger, compound exercises in the first workout for sets of 5 or so, then in the evening do a pumping workout, sets of 15-20, short rest periods etc.

That’s how I’d approach it anyway.

So like for back you could do

weighted chins - work up to a set of 5
pull downs - work up to heavy 6-8
some kinda row (upper back focus) - work up to a heavy 6-8 again on these
different kinda row (lat focus) - work up to 6-8 again

then for the later, pumping workout do things like

straight arm pulldowns
one arm rows of some kind
trap raises
face pulls
rear delt flyes

all done for high reps, short rests. Lots of drop sets supersets and other pumping techniques like that. Each workout wouldn’t take longer than 30 - 40 mins or so but you’d be able to keep good intensity through them both I reckon.

That’s how I’d do it anyway, but then again I don’t even lift.[/quote]

I actualy like this idea. My split was kind of stupid now that I think about it. I was basicly alternating muscle groups AM to PM, allowing a minimum of two days rest per group.

that might work too, but I reckon you’ll burn yourself out pretty fast if you try and train chest in the morning, back in the evening etc

how about a little cardio/plyos in the morning and lift in the PM ? that was always the winning combo for me

[quote]lbraga wrote:
how about a little cardio/plyos in the morning and lift in the PM ? that was always the winning combo for me[/quote]
no cardio till i finish the dbol my dude, then ill consider that split