2.5 years and 0 pounds Later...

Looking good man keep up the good work. Which is more than I can say for all the other thin stick thin hollywood wannabe models on here. You managed to get abs and didn’t cut wow!

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
what is your height?

im guessing youre taller because you have less lat width which seems to be easier to obtain in shorter people.

id guess 5’11 @ 190-193

incline hammer curls and lying cable curls to head will improve you biceps.

PM if you want any advice.[/quote]

very close, I’m 6 flat at 194. freakishly close, actually. lol

and I’ll add those once I’m finished with Thib’s 12 weeks thing in 4 weeks. thanks for the tips.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
aidyquinn wrote:
I gave you a 10 for the pure transformation!

leathal work lad!

So I guess you haven’t realized that this is “Rate my Physique” not rate my transformation.

OP Good Job.

You have established a very good base. As others have said you do have some lagging parts. At this point in time it isn’t totally necessary to focus solely on the lagging parts. Keep trying to build overall mass, but at some point you will have to address the weakpoints. Give a thought to spending a little extra time on the lagging parts but don’t start specializing on specific areas yet, just my opinion of course. [/quote]

Will do. Any tips on a good lat exercise or 2? I know pullups are great, but I already do those with weight. What else?

Rack chins are my personal favorite to hit the lats… btw very nice progress and keep it up.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
Great work dude!

I’d too like to know about your diet, supp’s and even your workout scheme.

Very dramatic difference, confidence is great isn’t it?[/quote]

On an average day, I eat 3 eggs for breakfast with 2 slices of whole wheat toast and a little less than a tbsp of crunchy PB. Lunch looks like a cup or so of cottage cheese, an apple, a protein bar, and ramen noodles. around 3 I have a can of any soup I see in the store that has not too many calories but at least 20 grams of protein per can. Dinner is boiled chicken with tomatoes, lowfat cheese, and onions, with a side of broccoli. Yes, I realize my lunch sucks a big one, I’m gonna look for better things to replace the ramen noodles with this saturday when I hit up the grocery store again.

Supps, I used TRIBEX Blue and saw my best gains with it, then switched to TRIBEX Gold and saw decent gains, now I’m on Alpha Male and I’m seeing pretty good gains in the upper body strength. It may just be my “beginner’s luck” with the TRIBEX Blue, so I’m not saying Alpha Male isn’t great, I’m just saying my biggest gains were with TRIBEX Blue. For fat loss, I used HRX, and took my BCAA pills like a good boy. :stuck_out_tongue: also, I use fish oil, which isn’t really a secret weapon. I’m also on creatine right now, and I’m getting to the bottom of the tub which saddens me. :frowning: I realize as I go on, I’m mentioning more obvious stuff to take, but I’m sure some people don’t know any better, which is why we have the “beginners” forum.

Workout looks like this:
Mon-Chest
BB Bench 4x6, 2 Minute Rest
DB Incline Bench 4x6, 2 Minute Rest
DB Flyes 4x6, 1 Minute Rest
Cable Crossovers 4x12, 1.5 Minute Rest

Tues-Arms
Thib’s 12 Weeks to War-Ready Guns!

Wed-Upper Back and Shoulders
Weighted Pullups 5x5, 2 Minute Rest
DB Military Press 4x6, 1 Minute Rest, rotated with
1-Arm DB Row 4x6, 1 Minute Rest
DB Side Lateral Raises 4x6
BB Plate Front Raises 3x30seconds (usually get around 20)

Thur-Legs
Squats 4x6
Leg Curls 4x6
Calf Raises 4x12
Deep Squats 4x6

My new Leg day will look like this:

Squats 5x5
Leg Press 4x6
Front Full Squats 4x6
Deadlift 5x5

I also bike to and from class, about a mile each way, between 2 and 6 times a day. (starting with sunday, 0-2-6-2-6-2-0)

Question, what muscle takes over for Leg Press? Because I can Leg Press 630 pounds with good form, but can only squat 315. Is it my back (core) strength? My hams? Glutes?

[quote]Xander89 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
aidyquinn wrote:
I gave you a 10 for the pure transformation!

leathal work lad!

So I guess you haven’t realized that this is “Rate my Physique” not rate my transformation.

OP Good Job.

You have established a very good base. As others have said you do have some lagging parts. At this point in time it isn’t totally necessary to focus solely on the lagging parts. Keep trying to build overall mass, but at some point you will have to address the weakpoints. Give a thought to spending a little extra time on the lagging parts but don’t start specializing on specific areas yet, just my opinion of course.

Will do. Any tips on a good lat exercise or 2? I know pullups are great, but I already do those with weight. What else?
[/quote]

Pullups, pronated rows, supinated rows, neutral grip pull downs, rack pulls all hit my lats to varying degrees. I have no idea which is the best because I do all of them (at some point or another, not necessarily in the same workout).

OP, great transformation. Keep up the hard work. In your new leg day, the only thing I would change (Based on my own personal experiences***) is not to include squats and deads. That is just me though, I find that I am way to exhausted to pull that weight at the end of a workout after doing squats. I’m sure other people do it but I personally can’t. Everything else is looking good though.

It’s just my personal feeling, but I wouldn’t want to put my arms day before back/shoulders.

I would add more back exercises all round. It is the 2nd biggest muscle in the body and all your really doing is pullups and rows. I devote a day to my back alone, and usually mix shoulders with something else.

Also, maybe add an exercise for your hamstrings, maybe stiff legged deadlifts instead of regular deads. And with the new workout you will be cutting out calf exercises completly.

What kind of results did you see from thib’s program?

very nice

[quote]Xander89 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
what is your height?

im guessing youre taller because you have less lat width which seems to be easier to obtain in shorter people.

id guess 5’11 @ 190-193

incline hammer curls and lying cable curls to head will improve you biceps.

PM if you want any advice.

very close, I’m 6 flat at 194. freakishly close, actually. lol

and I’ll add those once I’m finished with Thib’s 12 weeks thing in 4 weeks. thanks for the tips.[/quote]

contrary to popular believe i know a thing or two. especially when it comes to weight…regardless of what 200 pound hopefuls will tell you.

i had a hard time getting peaks in my biceps, i have low insertions but those things really did it for me.

as for triceps closegrip benching on the smith machine does well and so does…ugh how do i explain this, you get on a cable station, put it so the grip (i prefer the horse-shoe) is behind you at the neck then bend down and while bent do extensions. these will target your tricep longheads, which are now the only part of the tricep i get DOMS in.

for lats, im not so sure im qualified to give advice because frankly, my lats arent great either. but from experimentation (which are still too early to see freakish changes from) ive noticed a very closegrip on the pull down works well and you can use much higher weight.

…when i can figure something out for quads i will let you know.

well about lats, heres something you can try.

the dip belt at my gym had vanished for a while and just turned up recently so since my lower back was hurting i figured let me try some of that DC style extreme stretching and threw on 2 45 plates to the belt and just hung there for a minute or so. that was yesterday and this morning i woke up with some nice DOMS in my lower lats which i never ever get.

like i said i just did them yesterday but im sure they cant hurt. i plan on doing them a couple times a week just get that area stretched out.

[quote]Xander89 wrote:

[/quote]

Deadlifts and Squats bro. You want a big back, those will make you grow more than anything else in the world. Of course, you know this already since you have been here for so long.

Awesome work on the transformation. Good to see people like you posting.

Great job, not just on the transformation, but on establishing a pretty solid physique to build on further.