1st Week of Base Cycle on Smolov Necessary?

I’m starting the smolov program on the base cycle. The first week of the base cycle looks easy so do you have to do it or can you go on to the second week of the base cycle?

If you put in your real 1 rep maxes it will not be too easy. I would do it without a question. And just some advice on smolov make sure your hitting depth, i did it with a buddy a long time ago and he would cheat reps all the time on hard sets.

OP, what is your current 1RM on squat, bench, and deadlift, and what is your current weight and age? How long have you been seriously training?

smolov easy? You must be crazy.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
OP, what is your current 1RM on squat, bench, and deadlift, and what is your current weight and age? How long have you been seriously training?[/quote]
From this kid’s thread a month ago:

"I’m 16 and I play football I’m 140 lbs and want to get up to 200lbs but without losing my awesome speed and the way I understand it slow twitch for mass and fast twitch for strength. I want to put ON mass but still be filled with fast twitch muscle fibers for strength. I eat healthy all the time.

I just started lifting this year I can bEnch 120-130- goal 220 can squat 180-200 goal 320 can deadlift 180-200 goal 320 I can do chi ups with about 50-60 extra pounds."

Dude, you were given good advice in several threads over the past month because you said your goals were to gain size and improve your football. Smolov is a solid program, primarily for strength gains, but it doesn’t fall in line as an ideal program for the goals you’ve previously stated.

Also, at your current level of strength and inexperience, I’m not sold that something as intricate as Smolov is even necessary.

Ok, thanks Chris, the question makes more sense now.

Op, listen to Chris. Smolov is a great squat program, but its an advanced powerlifting peaking program. I’d seriously recommend waiting until you are more experienced to run it, after you have made solid gains on more conventional programs.

[quote]JMike21 wrote:
I’m starting the smolov program on the base cycle. The first week of the base cycle looks easy so do you have to do it or can you go on to the second week of the base cycle?[/quote]

You can actually just skip all the way to the end and gain close to 100lbs on your squat in only one day.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]JMike21 wrote:
I’m starting the smolov program on the base cycle. The first week of the base cycle looks easy so do you have to do it or can you go on to the second week of the base cycle?[/quote]

You can actually just skip all the way to the end and gain close to 100lbs on your squat in only one day.[/quote]

Fuck i am doing it the wrong way!!! I’ve already wasted 5 weeks and did not gain 100 lbs! My genetics must suck!

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
OP, what is your current 1RM on squat, bench, and deadlift, and what is your current weight and age? How long have you been seriously training?[/quote]

"I’m 16 and I play football I’m 140 lbs and want to get up to 200lbs but without losing my awesome speed and the way I understand it slow twitch for mass and fast twitch for strength. I want to put ON mass but still be filled with fast twitch muscle fibers for strength. I eat healthy all the time.

I just started lifting this year I can bEnch 120-130- goal 220 can squat 180-200 goal 320 can deadlift 180-200 goal 320 I can do chi ups with about 50-60 extra pounds."

Dude, you were given good advice in several threads over the past month because you said your goals were to gain size and improve your football. Smolov is a solid program, primarily for strength gains, but it doesn’t fall in line as an ideal program for the goals you’ve previously stated.

Also, at your current level of strength and inexperience, I’m not sold that something as intricate as Smolov is even necessary.[/quote]

LOL at that thread. That sounds so much like me when I was that age it’s scary.

OP, what position do you play?

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

I just started lifting this year I can bEnch 120-130- goal 220 can squat 180-200 goal 320 can deadlift 180-200 goal 320 I can do chi ups with about 50-60 extra pounds."[/quote]

LOL at that thread. That sounds so much like me when I was that age it’s scary.[/quote]
Did you ever get around to being filled with those fast twitch muscle fibers? :wink: