1st Time on Stage

[quote]plateau wrote:
How about showing us your last day’s training or today’s eats?[/quote]

Well this week is really different than what I’ve been doing for the rest of my prep. It’s ‘peak week’ and I’m trying to deplete glycogen over the week in order to carb load tomorrow (looking forward to it :slight_smile: ). I’m doing something very similar to CT’s Shredded in 6 days article that was posted a while ago with some modifications and guidance from Stu.

Training is antagonist supersets with very short rest periods and the food for this week is low carb and low protein, so I’m eating things like salami and pepperoni.

I plan on getting some training videos starting next week once I go back to my regular routine…I would record today’s but I actually have the day off :). Last Sunday was my first day off in 15 weeks of going to the gym everyday for 2+ hours and I just felt lost, lol.

With today being an off day, I’m going to get everything done for my carb up tomorrow and Saturday and skin prep for my tanning.

I’m opting for getting spray tanned at the event. Has anyone ever done this before? I’ve read good reviews about Liquid Sun Rayz. I figured its one less thing to worry about and one less thing for me to mess up.

I’ll be posting some before and after pics of the tan tomorrow once I get to the hotel.

I just wish you luck and hope you win.

You have the genetics for this so take care of business.

Are you competing in the same show as Stu?

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Are you competing in the same show as Stu? [/quote]

Definitely not. I want to be somewhat competitive, lol. Although I live in NY, I chose shows out of the state cause the ones here are usually much bigger and much more competitive. Being my first year competing, I wanted to start with something a bit ‘easier’. If everything goes well, I do plan on competing in the NY shows next year as it’ll be much more convenient.

The shows I’m doing this year are with the OCB. The one this weekend is in Burlington, NJ and hosted by Joe Franco. It’s called the OCB Beyond Nutrition Natural.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I just wish you luck and hope you win.

You have the genetics for this so take care of business.[/quote]

Thanks, Prof. I’ve always been a bit stockier than my friends and able to make progress faster than them. I just wish I found the gym sooner, lol.

This is great news, cant wait to see where it goes from here.

This site is slowly getting more and more serious, and more people are really taking this stuff to the next level and I’m loving it. I plan on doing the same here in a few years time, so I hope everyone sticks around.

Oh - ok then, best of luck to you in your show! : )

OP how old are you? Im just curious.

[quote]optheta wrote:
OP how old are you? Im just curious.[/quote]

25…I didn’t start training til I was 22 though.

You look incredible…you are going to do some damage on Saturday. Good luck :wink:

You know what you’re doing. Will be cool to follow your progress. Good luck!

Heya!

I spent quite some time thinking about my next contest prep - now that I have the time to use I-3G from the very beginning.
I just updated my thread with all the info of what I plan to do. Very excited and looking forward to 20 weeks of prep :wink:

Here is the link:

Cheers, PA

Thanks all for the compliments and wishing me luck. I’ve seen Stu and Synergy talking about how they can feel the genuine support from the people here on the forum and I definitely agree :slight_smile:

[quote]thoughts1053 wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

25…I didn’t start training til I was 22 though.[/quote]

Really? I would say you are cut out for this

[quote]ParagonA wrote:
Heya!

I spent quite some time thinking about my next contest prep - now that I have the time to use I-3G from the very beginning.
I just updated my thread with all the info of what I plan to do. Very excited and looking forward to 20 weeks of prep :wink:

Here is the link:

Cheers, PA

[/quote]

I read your post even before you linked it here, lol. Definitely sounds like a good plan and I’ll defintely be following along.

I know no one asked but I couldn’t help but notice that you as well as Stu and Synergy make use of almost all the Biotest products. I figure I’ll list what I use so us poor people don’t expect to have to buy all the Biotest products (as good as they are) to make gains, lol.

Supplements:

Metabolic Drive Low-Carb: I have one shake before bed
Flameout: A few caps throughout the day with meals (normally have about 9 a day total)

FINiBARs + Anaconda/MAG-10: Peri-Workout

This is the biggest thing for me, and like everyone else, can’t praise it enough. I have two FINiBARs before most lifting sessions and then have 1 scoop of MAG-10 with 2 scoops of Anaconda during my sessions. I have to say it really helped with adding muscle and maintaining it during this cut. The FINiBARs taste amazing and if I could I would even eat them if I wasn’t about to train.

So pretty simple for me. I feel like these are the basics that most people can get away with: protein powder, fish oil, and peri-workout nutrition.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

25…I didn’t start training til I was 22 though.[/quote]

Really? I would say you are cut out for this
[/quote]

Did you think I was younger or older? I hope I’m cut out for this, lol, as I really enjoy it. I was never really athletic in high school or college, but quickly fell in love with lifting weights.

Just so this thread doesn’t get too boring until I get some updated pictures and videos from the show this weekend, I thought I’d just post a video from last year of me front squatting.

As far as my strength, here are some lifts from before the prep:

Bench: 365 x 5
Incline: 295 x 3
Seated Military: 225 x 3

Front Squat: 315 x 3
Squat: 405 x 2
Deadlift: 465 x 3 or 5

As far as strength loss during the prep, I haven’t lost any besides the initial drops in weight used from switching to pre-exhausting my muscles. Like I said earlier, I’m pretty arm dominant so pre-exhausting allows me to really hit the targeted muscle group. I’ve actually been adding 5lbs or a few reps to each set here and there so I’m pretty happy :slight_smile:

I’m definitely proud of what I’ve done and going into this first show just wanting to ‘show off’ my accomplishments to my friends and family that are coming.
[/quote]

You are very lucky to have supportive friends and family. I had neither at my first competition and my family is still unsupportive. This adds a level of difficulty to it all that you are fortunate enough not to have to endure.

You look terrific and you are clearly ready to kick some ass. Congratulations already!

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Not only is Thoughts1053 going to kill at his 1st show, but imagine how much tighter he’s going to be for his 2nd in 5 weeks!

I’m damn proud of the guy :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

Doing a 2nd show right after the 1st one is genius!

Impressive prep work, looks like you held on to a good bit of muscle…best of luck in your shows!