T Nation

1st Strongman Contest This Saturday

Just wanted to share, I have my first contest this saturday, I’m getting excited. The events are as follows;

1. Log press for max weight
  2. Tire dead for max weight
  3. Stone shot put
  4. Farmers and sled pull medley
  5. Tractor pull

I hope to hit 260 or more for the log, 650 or higher for dead. The shot put worries me, but I’ll get over it. Farmers are 250, and I’ve gotten 275 before so I should be good there. Have never done the tractor pull with a rope either, so that will be new.

I’ll try to get some pics taken and up after it’s over.

Monopoly

Best of luck Monopoly19.

Above all else, enjoy yourself.

Rick

Good luck.

Just a tip on the tractor pull (assuming you’re wearing a harness): stay low.

Thanks fellas.

I know it will be fun, but of course I want to win the deal. I’m also realistic.

Thanks for the advice. I have watched that tractor pull before, staying down seems so simple yet the first thing guys do is come up. Hopefully, I can avoid that.

Thanks again

Monopoly

Good luck man, and above all have fun.

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:
Just wanted to share, I have my first contest this saturday, I’m getting excited. The events are as follows;

1. Log press for max weight
  2. Tire dead for max weight
  3. Stone shot put
  4. Farmers and sled pull medley
  5. Tractor pull

I hope to hit 260 or more for the log, 650 or higher for dead. The shot put worries me, but I’ll get over it. Farmers are 250, and I’ve gotten 275 before so I should be good there. Have never done the tractor pull with a rope either, so that will be new.

I’ll try to get some pics taken and up after it’s over.

Monopoly[/quote]

What does the stone shot weigh? Make sure you don’t throw it. You can really screw up your shoulder if you come over the top.

Get some.

Good luck to you Monopoly!!! I’m sure you will do well. That would be great if you win, but don’t be upset if you don’t. After all, it is your first contest, and you can learn what you need to do to better yourself for the next competition. Keep us updated!!

If the stone shot put worries you, then just focus on doing really really good in the other 4 events. That way, if you don’t do good in the stone shot put, you have your other good scores to rely on. Good luck!!

Best of luck to you. If you happen to get any pics, I’m sure that everyone would like to see them.

Kick some ass bro. Best thing to do on the shot is ask the experienced guys there how to do it and practice form, folks are usually more than willing to offer a few tips.

Where’s the show?

-Dan

Good luck dude.
never seen that stone shot put event being used in strongman, should be interesting.
BTW what weight class you competing in?

Where are you competing? Good luck!

Hey buddy I got an idea for you. Grab you Balls and perform the lifts. You will win being this is a contest for little girls. Blowin up!

The contest is in Denver.

As of now, we are all in the same weight class. If they had enough entries, they were going to split it up. I would be in the heavyweights though.

I believe the stone weighs 15lbs, not sure though. It’s more of a highland games thing.

I will def get some pics up for everyone, will also be the first time I get to see myself, so hopefully I’ll be able to make some improvements on everything.

Monopoly

Well, contest is over. The way it was setup, I was actually a middlweight, and had 9 guys in my class. This is how it went.

Dead 1: 550
Dead 2: 600
Dead 3: 675 (pr)

This won the event for me.

Log 1: 200
Log 2: 250 (miss)
Log 3: 250 made it! (pr)

This tied for event win

They subbed in rolling thunder for the stone throw.

Rolling 1: 140
Rolling 2: 160
Rolling 3: 180 (miss)

Won event with 160

Farmers and sled pull. I won this one too, cannot remember the time. We were outside on uneven ground and dropped the farmers after like 4 steps. I snapped off one of the welds and they had to bring in another set. I flew right down this time. Farmers was 250, sled was like 240.

Truck pull. This was actually a box van, all we used was a harness. I stayed pretty low and actually came up running with the thing. I had to leave right after I went, so not sure how the other guys pulled it.

Overall, it was cool. I got the win for middleweights, and hit a couple of PR’s. I have some pics to post now, and some more will follow later in the week.

Monopoly

Representing the nation. Most of the people prob just thought I was juiced. They were prob right :slight_smile:

Log at 250

We finished up outside. It started to get really cold. Was actually snowing when I did the truck pull.

some awesome stuff man. Looks like you cleaned house. congrats! just curious though man, how does the tire deadlift differ from regular dl. whats ur pr with regular dl i guess i want to know? also was the rolling thunder with both hands or just ur dominant one? congrats again man!

Cool pictures.

Now only if they were right side up so I didn’t feel like a doofus with my head sideways to look at them…