1st Post. Blood Work Results

Hey guys,I have been lurking around here a bit over the past couple of years and figure it’s time to ask advice. To start, I am almost 38 years old, 5’8’’ tall and weigh 205. I am approx 30 lbs overweight with most of the fat around the belly. I have been married and working rotating shifts(2-12 hour days, 2 days off, 2-12 hour nights, 2 days off ,repeat)for 15 years now.

Factoring in overtime and 2 kids, this wreaks havoc on forming/keeping workout routines. About 7 years ago I had a loss of libido that prompted me to see a doc. He checked my prostate and found no problems then scheduled blood work. Blood work results came back in normal range according to him with T on low side of normal but in range.

With a family history of my mother dying of brain cancer, he sent me to endo to check out pituitary and rest of grey matter for anything abnormal. MRI came back good, so endo pops me a shot of T and reschedules for checkup in 2 weeks. It made absolutely no difference in libido so he referred me to a psych saying problem was likely in my mind. I didn’t go that route because I was and am sure it is not the problem.

About 8 months ago I started having high bp problems so doc put me on 20mg dose of Benicar and bp has been ok since then. I read the post on this forum about E2 and decided to have doc run bw on my recent checkup after discussing hormones with him. Here are some of the results from LabCorp…

HDL CHOLESTROL 30mg/dl >39
LDL CHOLESTROL 105mg/dl 0-99
TSH 2.130uIU/mL 0.450-4.500
Thyroxine(T4) 6.3ug/dl 4.5-12.0
Tes serum 369ng/dl 241-827
Free Tes(direct)12.8pg/ml 8.7-25.1
Estradiol 33pg/ml 0-53

There are plenty more results that I can post if needed. The nurse called to give the results and said all was normal except my cholesterol and advised me to take 1000mg fish oil 2x daily. I already take 2400mg daily. I had her fax the results to me. From what I have been reading on this forum, my TT and FT are lower than should be and my E2 is higher than should be.

For several years now I have felt as if I were in a “mental fog”. I struggle to learn new things ,have reduced reading comprehension and have to be reminded of things by my wife quite a bit. I think that last part is normal after 15 years of marriage.

I have had low energy levels for a few years now,along with loss of strength and muscle, and thought it was just due to age, shift work, and weight gain, but now am thinking differently.

I have been on a diet for about 6 weeks now and lost 10 lbs in the first 4 weeks but have stalled out the past 2 weeks. Diet consists mainly of volumization, lots of salad with grilled chicken, tuna steak,salmon,and beef. I mainly stay away from breads,pasta and fast food. I eat grapes ,plums,and sometimes a little peanut butter as snacks and I have been averaging 1600-1700 cal per day.

I have appt. with urologist in 2 weeks for consultation on getting a vasectomy. I will discuss these issues with him as well but I am not expecting much help on the issues.

I am going to order some anastrozole this week and see if it helps. I am thinking that it may help with the weight loss which may help with increased T production. Would I benefit from HCG and if so, how hard is it to acquire without Rx? I don’t think I am a candidate for TRT but unsure. Any advice ?
Thanks, Rusty

First of all Rusty, you didn’t put the weight on over night so it won’t disappear over night either. You need exercise and the proper diet to get your colesterol under control. The weight will come off then.You need to try to devote at least 1 hr. a day to working out. I do Sunday,Monday,Wednesday and Saturday with cardio. I do Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday with weight lifting. I am 5 weeks away from 60 yrs. old. 9 years ago my numbers were about the same. i was told I was headed for heart disease or even a heart attack. I learned to make time in my busy schedule to workout. I get blood tests every 6 months and here are a few of my numbers.
HDL=40
LDL=88

You need to review all drugs, Rx and OTC for effects on hormones. PM me

I am concerned about lack of sleep and quality. Melatonin might be useful.

Lowering E2 should be helpful.

T4 looks lower than optimal… not normal. This can contribute to weight gain and low energy. Do you use iodized salt?

Test DHEA-S next time around.

Increase HDL with niacin, B-12, folic acid and a broad spectrum B-vit vitamin and mineral product.

Get some tadalifil 25mg/ml when you get the adex. Take 1/3ml EOD.

TRT can lower cholesterol very nicely and also lowers BP for some.

What was your fasting serum glucose? Thinking syndrome X aka metabolic disorder.

I usually go to sleep around 10:30 or 11pm and wake up at 2:45 am when I work 12 hour day shifts and get to sleep around 6 am and wake up before 11am when I work night shift. On my days off, I go to sleep around 11:30 or midnight and am usually up around 8:30 am.

I checked the salts we use and the labels state that it does not suppply iodide.

Fasting glucose serum was 70mg/dl 65-79

Thanks for the help.