T Nation

1st Pink ... Now THIS!

if ya ask me i kinda think all fashion is gay. fashion being wearin’ something without purpose just to get a look. that being said there’s a reason they make those polo collars so you can pop ‘em and that reason is : so you can pop ‘em. comes in real handy when the sun is frickn fryin’ your neck ya know ? ‘course if you’re indoors after sundown it’s kinda the same as wearin’ one of those straw cowboy hats out here in the northeast, or wearin’your flip flops in frickn february. but prolly the only thing worse than wearin’ something just for fashion is actually noticing what some other dude is frickn wearin’ and then firing up the henhouse about it like a bunch of churchladies at the bakesale. ya know once when i was 7 i was at the park with my mom and we walked up on a couple of guys making out. this whole thread is even gayer than that.

I saw a couple of teens (looked about 13) wear these so called girl pants that only show their ankles and no shirt…in a Best Buy. They must’ve been around 5’9" and 100 lbs. Needless to say, it took a lot to keep me from LMAO and pointing at them.

This pic represents what I think about all the guys wearing pink shirts or girls clothes or their collars up.

Living in a college town allows me the opportunity to see this stuff on a regular basis.

When I went out last night, not only did I see most guys wearing various types of pink shirts, but several also with the collars up. And wearing a pink shirt with the collar up is just about as gay as you can be.

The funny thing is when some guys try to look “hard” while wearing a pink shirt. It just doesn’t work.

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:
JMac10 wrote:
BFG… This is nothing compared to the “NEW Style” kids around me do. These Skater kids wear girl pants. I ask one of them, and he’s like yea these are girl pants. I was like wtf.

These kids go to special ed schools?[/quote]

hahahaha!

[quote]graphicsMan wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
BFG wrote:

And regarding what somebody said about “chicks dig it”. Well, they would also dig it if you lopped off your schlong and were thus rendered TOTALLY inert. Would you do that TOO?

I never said I personally would do it. I don’t base my actions on what some women like or not. There’s enough variety in this world that being yourself should get you hot chicks if you’re decent looking and have a good personality and confidence. I think it looks pretty stupid. But I have friends who pop their collars. They pull pretty hot chicks and in general do very well and enjoy their lives. It’s just a stupid fashion trend. Nothing more.

So you’re basically saying that you go into public with these people…
[/quote]

sometimes. but not with guys who wear girls pants. haha.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
This pic represents what I think about all the guys wearing pink shirts or girls clothes or their collars up.

Living in a college town allows me the opportunity to see this stuff on a regular basis.

When I went out last night, not only did I see most guys wearing various types of pink shirts, but several also with the collars up. And wearing a pink shirt with the collar up is just about as gay as you can be.

The funny thing is when some guys try to look “hard” while wearing a pink shirt. It just doesn’t work.[/quote]

You think that they’re all…Oriental?

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1121032243415.050706_relax.jpg

You guys need to relax…

they are just trying to let you know that they are single gay and looking

LOL, you guys sound like women.

“OMG, I just saw this guy, and he was wearing a, you won’t believe it, a X!!! Noo, get outa here! I hate that too. He must be soo Y”

In Jr. High, I used to “Peg” my pants. This was just after the parachute pant craze.

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:
rant.crustyOldFart{

Although this trend may be effeminate, it’s a lot better than that teenage fashion statement of wearing pants 10 sizes too big half-way down their asses with their underwear showing.
}[/quote]

Dude… No its not, these kids are the definition of the word gay. These girl pants are like capris but ten times too small.

Also, last night there was a kid with Girlpants and a Pink T-shirt. This was the gayest thing i ever saw. This is worse then a popped Collar.

Pink shirts, popped collars… I keep envisioning some retarded dumbass whipping out a comb and checking that his hair isn’t out of place.

Carlton Banks, anyone?

And who the HELL wears GIRLS PANTS???

Unless you’re a GIRL you have no business wearing them!

And the only reaosn you should be in girls pants is to get some!

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
In Jr. High, I used to “Peg” my pants. This was just after the parachute pant craze.[/quote]

You weren’t alone. I think every person pegged their pants.

I will not wear stone-washed jeans, though. Not again. And with paint spatters? I think not.

I’m not a big fan of the popped collars either, but everyone seems to do it at my school. One time I saw this kid with not one, not two, but three layered popped collars.

[quote]JMac10 wrote:
Dude… No its not, these kids are the definition of the word gay. These girl pants are like capris but ten times too small.

Also, last night there was a kid with Girlpants and a Pink T-shirt. This was the gayest thing i ever saw. This is worse then a popped Collar.
[/quote]

OMG. Can you PLEASE get a picture? PLEASE?!?!?! that would be PRICELESS!

That is truly wrong on many levels.

When did “highwaters” start being called “capri pants?”

Dude, Carlton Banks is a fuckin mack daddy compared to these fudge packers.

And three popped collars at once? I’d have to see this to believe it. Then when I saw it, I’d beat the shit out of the guy.

What was that website that somebody posted a little while ago and it was a description of a kid named Oliver and how all his clothes made him look like the gayest, preppiest dude in the world. If somebody still has that, post it again. That shit was hilarious.

What pisses me off about “fashion” is that I didn’t think of this stuff first. Didn’t they used to sell jeans with holes and rips already in them because ripped and holey jeans were the in thing? Basically, someone made money selling ripped pants.

The only fashion trend that I liked was the monochrome shirt-tie combo a few years back. This was the perfect fashion trend for guys. No longer did I have to worry about whether a particular tie went with a particular shirt. Same color shirt, same color tie. And the shirts and ties were all solid – no stripes – so there was no need to worry about whether a striped tie would go with the particular suit you were wearing. Even a fashion idiot like myself couldn’t mess this up.

I say two guys with their collars up at a bar about a month ago. I thought it was just an anomoly, but now I see that the fashion trends of 1982 are indeed coming back.

when the fall comes around they’ll be wearing their Members Only jackets over their collars up Polos.

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:
What pisses me off about “fashion” is that I didn’t think of this stuff first. Didn’t they used to sell jeans with holes and rips already in them because ripped and holey jeans were the in thing? Basically, someone made money selling ripped pants.
[/quote]

They still do!!! I was in Abercrombie & Fitch (what can I say? the girls I was with are preps!) recently and they were selling holey pants for $60! I was like, “HELL NO! You’ve GOT to be kidding me! That is insane! What idiot would buy already holey pants?!” I was ranting about it right in the store, too. And it wasn’t a large store.

[quote]
The only fashion trend that I liked was the monochrome shirt-tie combo a few years back. [/quote]

That was an excellent look.