1st Meet, 1st Place!

What’s up guys! I’m stoked to have completed my 1st competition through the WNPF, drug free federation, in Atlanta. I started terrible, but finished strong in the 165lb. weight class. The guys on this board were right- my squats were too high. I started at 235lbs- piece of cake. Then went to 275lbs. 3 red lights- judge said I was 2" too high. It felt sooo light though so I made the mistake of adding another 10lbs. and getting the same result. Had I went w/ 265lbs for my second attempt, I’m confident I could have hit depth. Instead I left an extra 30 lbs. on the table, so to speak. Bench I started at 195lbs- piece of cake, then 215, then I squeaked out 225 BUT apparently my butt came off the bench. DAMN. And I practiced keeping it on. Deadlift I killed it. 345lbs, 380lbs. 400 lbs. and not one red light- but my form at the bottom was dogshit, luckily I pull tight and lock out at the top. I’m thinking now I need to find a powerlifting gym to help w/ my squats b/c I feel like I could hit 315lbs. on the monolift today if I had the proper technique.
ps. There was some debate about this- after the 1st lift, you give the 2nd lift attempt, and after 2nd attempt, you give the 3rd so you don’t have to decide your 3rd right after your 1st.

1 Like

Congratulations!!! You will be more prepared for the next one.

1 Like

Congrats dude
Now that you saw that your depth and wrong leg drive cause you problems be sure to work on them
Again nice job

1 Like

1st meets are such valuable experiencess, great job on entering and competing. Sick ass trophy!!

1 Like

congrats mate, sick ass trophy

1 Like