1st Injection in an Hour

Well, I’m new to this board… I had some blood work done recently and my test results were 240. I’m 34, gained a significant amount of weight the past two years, loss of libido, serious loss of focus and drive, depression, etc. I’m currently 340lbs, but still have quite a bit of muscle on me; not just a raging fatass.

I have been prescribed 200/mg with .05ml once a week. (I think i got that right)

The Wife and I will be heading to the Dr. shortly to have them administer the first of my shots for reference and just to make sure we’re doing everything correct.

I would love to see what people first reactions to their first TRT therapy resulted in… What can I expect? What changes did you notice? How lonw did you feel ANY type of changes? Etc.

Thanks for any input.

I will also try and keep up on the board and post what changes I feel as I feel them when I can.

I think by your dose comments you mean, .5ml once a week, from a 200/ml test cyp vial? That would be 100mg a week, which is standard and very reasonable. I would stick with whatever the Dr has ordered while you get comfortable with everything, then mention a higher frequency (twice a week 50mg) to your Dr. (see below).

Most guys now break that up into at least two injections per week, not just the single up front. But I have a friend who loves the weekly over twice a week, so who knows. I personally go into my stomach (left or right a few inches of belly button) with a 29g, 1/2 insulin syringe, every other day.

Its the same dose, and people seem to like it better for a number of reasons. Plus - a 29g needle is nothing. I barely even feel it.

See the TRT sticky up top by KSMAN… its gold.

-Jim

[quote]Jimstigator wrote:
I think by your dose comments you mean, .5ml once a week, from a 200/ml test cyp vial? That would be 100mg a week, which is standard and very reasonable. I would stick with whatever the Dr has ordered while you get comfortable with everything, then mention a higher frequency (twice a week 50mg) to your Dr. (see below).

Most guys now break that up into at least two injections per week, not just the single up front. But I have a friend who loves the weekly over twice a week, so who knows. I personally go into my stomach (left or right a few inches of belly button) with a 29g, 1/2 insulin syringe, every other day.

Its the same dose, and people seem to like it better for a number of reasons. Plus - a 29g needle is nothing. I barely even feel it.

See the TRT sticky up top by KSMAN… its gold.

-Jim[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

Dr. suggested I alternate between left and right glute every week. My Wife has interest in administering the shots, so I’ll let her “stick it in my behind” every week. Lol.

You’re correct on my dosage. Sorry… .5ml once a week, from a 200/ml test cyp vial is correct.

I will go back before my script runs out… I have a 3month RX as of now. So, in 45 days before I get my last months supply I will go in to have my levels checked. They are hoping to get me in the 500+ range. So, they will adjust my dosage after that lab work. They will check my estrogen as well and make sure everything is straight there.

She mentioned I wouldn’t see or feel a difference in the first week or possibly even the first month. But, within the 2nd month or so I should hopefully start feeling more energy, focus, and drive.

What has your experience been @jimstigator?

I normally get up at 6 every morning and get ready for work… This morning I got up at 5am did a 3/4 mile walk outside, and hit the garage weights and 10 mins of heavy elliptical today with the Wife. She is a fitness fanatic and I promised her once I got my first shot I would start hitting it hard.

You know… I swear I felt results immediately. Might have been placebo, but placebo can be just as strong as the actual effect. I was RAGING at my hockey game after the first injections.

I was started on 140mg test cyp a week spread over multiple shots, and 250iu HCG twice a week. My body seems to have hyper absorbed it and my testosterone was at 1500-1600 within two weeks. It was pretty bad. Unlike some guys around here who use TRT as legal steroids, I just want to be normal again. I have since had to drop the HCG to dial in just the testosterone. I now take 100mg of test a week, but inject every other day.

On my last reading, my test was still over 900, almost a month after starting just 100mg per week. Everyone is different. My friend does one injection a week of 100mg, and his total t stays above 900. Others do that and are at 400-600. Who knows…

If you feel it, then you feel it. One thing I did in the beginning (approximately 2 months ago) was read forums incessantly and change my protocol over and over and over. I always felt like I was doing something positive, but it was the opposite. The forums are an invaluable tool, but don’t let them completely overrun you. Get educated and stick with the Dr’s orders as long as they are reasonable. With the stuff you learn here, its easy to tell if they know, or don’t know whats going on.

Its also hard though, since it goes something like this 1) you ask for advice on a forum 2) very smart people around here say your Dr is an idiot 3) They tell you to do this other thing, and get these other blood works immediately 4) You aren’t scheduled to see your Dr for another few months 5) Panic

At your dose, even with a weekly injection, you will start to feel better. There is no doubt about that. Plus, its a low enough dose you might not have to worry about estrogen issues. If they arise, you can always try and move to twice a week, or even EOD shots, which can have positive effects in some men.

My best advice - You have to stick with a plan. Whether it right or wrong, at least stick with something until you know. Also - don’t drive your estrogen too low with an AI like Arimidex. EVER. Jesus… that’s worse than low T or high estrogen. I knocked mine down to essentially zero and felt like death.

-Jim

[quote]Jimstigator wrote:
You know… I swear I felt results immediately. Might have been placebo, but placebo can be just as strong as the actual effect. I was RAGING at my hockey game after the first injections.

I was started on 140mg test cyp a week spread over multiple shots, and 250iu HCG twice a week. My body seems to have hyper absorbed it and my testosterone was at 1500-1600 within two weeks. It was pretty bad. Unlike some guys around here who use TRT as legal steroids, I just want to be normal again. I have since had to drop the HCG to dial in just the testosterone. I now take 100mg of test a week, but inject every other day.

On my last reading, my test was still over 900, almost a month after starting just 100mg per week. Everyone is different. My friend does one injection a week of 100mg, and his total t stays above 900. Others do that and are at 400-600. Who knows…

If you feel it, then you feel it. One thing I did in the beginning (approximately 2 months ago) was read forums incessantly and change my protocol over and over and over. I always felt like I was doing something positive, but it was the opposite. The forums are an invaluable tool, but don’t let them completely overrun you. Get educated and stick with the Dr’s orders as long as they are reasonable. With the stuff you learn here, its easy to tell if they know, or don’t know whats going on.

Its also hard though, since it goes something like this 1) you ask for advice on a forum 2) very smart people around here say your Dr is an idiot 3) They tell you to do this other thing, and get these other blood works immediately 4) You aren’t scheduled to see your Dr for another few months 5) Panic

At your dose, even with a weekly injection, you will start to feel better. There is no doubt about that. Plus, its a low enough dose you might not have to worry about estrogen issues. If they arise, you can always try and move to twice a week, or even EOD shots, which can have positive effects in some men.

My best advice - You have to stick with a plan. Whether it right or wrong, at least stick with something until you know. Also - don’t drive your estrogen too low with an AI like Arimidex. EVER. Jesus… that’s worse than low T or high estrogen. I knocked mine down to essentially zero and felt like death.

-Jim[/quote]

Same with me… I just want to feel good again. I’ve been in the dumps the past couple years and knew something was wrong with my body. I could start a workout routine and drop 25 lbs in two weeks. Now I have zero drive, I’ve gained 50 lbs the past years and just have grown irritable towards people and my joy of life has really hit a low…

Just hoping for a little more energy and a positive attitude.

For now I will follow Drs orders 100% to a T. Until I get my levels checked again and see how I respond to these first couple shots.

I’ve overloaded on forums and google and just decided to sign up and
Try and stick to one source … Hopefully I’ll get plenty of info and input and feedback on this site and won’t need to look elsewhere.

I appreciate you taking the time to talk with me!

You say you started out on 140mg of test cyp a week.

What does my .05 equate to mg wise?

Haha my wife literally gets mad when she catches me on the forums now. I have learned most of what I need and now just creep on them, worrying myself for no reason. Part of the reason I come back is to help other beginners like myself. I am far from an expert, but most of the advice people need on forums to settle them doesn’t take a genius.

I honestly believe most people make this shit more confusing than it needs to be. A guy named VTBalla or something to that effect used to always preach that around here and now I’m starting to believe it. Start with something simple, stick with it, assess over time. Unless there are major side effects like gyno forming, or something nuts, then stick to the plan.

Your vial, and most test cyp vials, are 200mg of test cyp per ml of fluid, which basically means 100mg per half of an ml. I am guessing you have 1ml syringes? If so, you fill to .5ml and inject, which is 100mg.

Reply back with your syringe stats and we can iron that out. It’s on the box or even the little packages. Ex. 1ml, 26g, 1 inch.

My Dr likes more frequent, smaller injections, using very small needles. I use .5ml insulin syringes 29g, 1/2in. With my syringes, which are likely half the size of yours, if I fill it completely, its 100mg. I am not sure how yours are marked, but mine is marked from 0 to 50. 50 being full, or half an ml.

Just to finish off my piss poor explanation and make it more confusing, I do 100mg a week, with shots every other day. Seems simple enough…but… Using an every other day dose, you would think you just do 25mg every other day, but on a calendar, that would actually only be 7 injections in 2 weeks, which means you are short 25mg of testosterone after two weeks. Some guys are ok with that, others, myself included, compensate. So I actually inject 28mg of test cyp, every other day. On my .5ml syringes, I fill to the 14 mark each shot. Over the course of two weeks, that equals just about 200mg, or 100 per week.

Anyway… just do what you are doing and feel better. Don’t go chasing your boner/libido like people do daily on the forums. There will be ups and downs for a while as things settle. I have read it takes months to stabilize and I believe it.

-Jim

Read the stickies: Do not inject as you were instructed.

Read the protocol for injections sticky and advice for new guys.

[quote]KSman wrote:

Read the protocol for injections sticky and advice for new guys.[/quote]

Thanks Bud!

[quote]OP918 wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:

Read the protocol for injections sticky and advice for new guys.[/quote]

Thanks Bud![/quote]

Tough to argue with his knowledge… that’s for certain. Somewhat goes against the stick to the Dr’s orders, BUT, that’s good advice from him, not bad.

The stickies (written by KSMAN) will tell you to pin subqutaneous. This generally means using insulin needles, into fat, at a higher frequency. I personally go into my abdomen left or right of the belly button a few inches. I lightly pinch out a small bit and go in there.

With your current syringes, it might be tough.

-Jim