1st Day of 30 Day Mass Plan

I just finished my first day of the 30 day mass plan and I just have one question. Did you anyone else think it was too easy? I mean it was hard, I was breathing heavy, and I was sweating a little bit, but it only took me about 15 minutes. Am I doing this thing right? I did 2 circuits with reps of 5.

[quote]Playboy wrote:
I just finished my first day of the 30 day mass plan and I just have one question. Did you anyone else think it was too easy? I mean it was hard, I was breathing heavy, and I was sweating a little bit, but it only took me about 15 minutes. Am I doing this thing right? I did 2 circuits with reps of 5.[/quote]

Yep, I felt that way the first few days. Just do the program and you’ll see…

My first day was more of a “feel-it-out” day since most of the exercises were new to me. Once you get used to the exercises, get your form down, and start using the heaviest dumbbells possible, no day in this program will be “too easy.”

I think my first day was something like this:

floor press: 70x5, 70x5
row: 70x5, 70x5
pull-up: bodyweight x5, bodyweight x5
deadlift: 60x5, 60x5 (it should have been both hands but I screwed up and only held one dumbbell in my working hand)
squat: bodyweight x5, BW x5 (falling all over the place)

I just finished my last heavy day and it looked like this:

floor press: 110x5, 110x4
row: 110x5, 120x4
pull-up: BW plus 35x5, 35x4 and a partial
deadlift: 90(in both hands)x5, 90x4
squat: BW plus 20x5, 30x5 (that was the first time I tried it with extra weight)

My shirt is drenched. It definitely was not too easy. I even thought the first high rep day wasn’t all that horrible. Now I have trouble sleeping when I know I have high rep day the next day. There’s no way around it… I’ll never look forward to 40+ reverse lunges with 50’s in each hand.

I followed the program to the t, and ended up losing weight :\

TBT and heavy splits work great for me, but for some reason this program did about 0, except my balance got better while standing on one leg. My training partner saw some good results though, so maybe it’s just not for everyone.

That being said, we both thought the first day was very easy. During the program we were always looking forward to the heavy days, while the light days always a big pain in the ass. Like someone said above, just follow the program and you’ll see