1st Cycle Test E Only, PCT Advice

[quote]shiftd wrote:

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]shiftd wrote:

[quote]eaboadar wrote:

Did you take an aromatase inhibitor during the cycle?

No. I had Armidex ready but didn’t show any signs of gynecomastia. Should I have ran it anyway? I though I only needed an AI if gyno showed, which it didn’t? Would it have helped recovery?[/quote]

aromasin and nolva would have been a better choice for PCT. stacking nolva and clomid seems to cause problems for a lot of people, and offer no real benefit in addition to each other.

Thanks for the link, the Clomid vs Nolva vs both together debate got me a bit confused as there�´s so many posts with conflicting info, so, I went for both but will certainly continue reading and make a more informed decision next time around.
When you say the two are known for causing problems when used together, what kind of problems? The same as I am experiencing?

Another week/2 of PCT to go. What would you expect regarding recovering sex drive etc after IÃ?´ve finished? Actually IÃ?´ll re-phrase as I know there’s no answer for that. But considering the cycle,PCT,mistakes is what IÃ?´m experiencing normal?

Also, how long to wait after PCT for blood tests? 4-6 weeks is what I�´ve thought. I�´m jus gutted I didn�´t get a panel done before the cycle to get a baseline.
[/quote]

well, here are some of the issues i have with stacking clomid and nolva…

1. they both do similar things in the body. SERMs essentially act like estrogen on various receptors in the body, and this negative feedback is what helps the HPTA recover. however, it seems based off anecdotal reports, that a lot of people simply do not recover well from the 2 of these, and even develop gyno… one theory, is that too much of either (or a combination of the 2) causes the SERMs to actually act as estrogen on various receptors… not sure how accurate that is, tho. might be a bell curve type thing there…

2. clomid causes a decrease in responsiveness in GnRH, which means your body will not produce as much LH and FSH when choosing clomid.

3. head to head, nolva and clomid both increase test, LH, and all that. however, nolva does it at 20 mg vs clomid’s 150 mg.

4. nolva does not have all the weird-ass emotion and vision issues that clomid does…

5. stacking nolva with aromasin will give you better results in PCT, as you’ll be prevent the binding of E at the receptor (nolva), and actually lowering E levels (aromasin). aromasin is nice, because it binds “suicidally” to estrogen, which means that you won’t have a rebound after the drug clears the system (like other AI’s do).