T Nation

1st Cycle. Sore, No Bruising. Advice?

I just started my 1sr cycle of Test. prop. I’m doing 1cc shots with a 1in. Needles 3 Times a week I’m on my 2md shot today and my butt cheek is sore as fuck but not bruising and barley swelling, I was told this is normal because my muscle isn’t used to the steroid and I should just rub it and stretch it out and maybe shoot in a more fatty area like the lower side of the cheek, any advice comments or experiences to help or share with me ?

PIP pain in injection point. No worries unless it swells. Try your ventrogluteal muscle next time (upper outer quadrant of your butt cheek). For now foam rolling to disperse might help but it is just something you will have to deal with it. Virgin muscles (never pinned) hurt the most as well.

Its normal. Delts were fucking horrible my first time, i pinned 1.5cc. 2nd pin it felt wonderful, little soreness then nothing after 1 day.

Can I be honest and say I kinda started pinning with 5ml syringes so I could knock it out in one shot and 5ml in both quads completely painless… That’s not normal right lol?.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Can I be honest and say I kinda started pinning with 5ml syringes so I could knock it out in one shot and 5ml in both quads completely painless… That’s not normal right lol?.[/quote]

If I pinned 5ml in my quads I’d never walk again.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Can I be honest and say I kinda started pinning with 5ml syringes so I could knock it out in one shot and 5ml in both quads completely painless… That’s not normal right lol?.[/quote]

2ml is about my limit. I dont particularly fancy hobbling around uni looking like Shaq paid me a visit in the shower…

[quote]Reed wrote:
Can I be honest and say I kinda started pinning with 5ml syringes so I could knock it out in one shot and 5ml in both quads completely painless… That’s not normal right lol?.[/quote]

That’s it? Haha

Try pinning 3mls ED for 10 weeks

Well lol I hate pinning every day or even every other lol hence why I just put it all in a at one time. 4mls of Test, 3mls of Eq and 3mls of Tren.

[quote]BUDs wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:
Can I be honest and say I kinda started pinning with 5ml syringes so I could knock it out in one shot and 5ml in both quads completely painless… That’s not normal right lol?.[/quote]

That’s it? Haha

Try pinning 3mls ED for 10 weeks[/quote]

holy fucksauce! What were you running?

Reed… You’re crazy! Split that shit up.

For post injection pain, there’s an ointment called Traumeel. I use to after every shot and it helps with pain and swelling. It’s expensive but worth every dollar. You get it at health food stores. Made by a company called Heel.

These are my choices for injection site and amounts:
Delts/quads : 3ml
Glutes: 4ml (but that’s pushing it)
Rear delts: 2ml
Tris/bis: 1ml
Lats: 2-3ml

The less scar tissue you have then the less issues you’ll have with injection… So be smart and rotate.

Arnica gel works good too. Also,If you see signs of infection just blast ibuprofen at 600-800/day for 3-4 days. It should prevent it from becoming more serious.

[quote]Shadow Pro wrote:
Reed… You’re crazy! Split that shit up.

For post injection pain, there’s an ointment called Traumeel. I use to after every shot and it helps with pain and swelling. It’s expensive but worth every dollar. You get it at health food stores. Made by a company called Heel.

These are my choices for injection site and amounts:
Delts/quads : 3ml
Glutes: 4ml (but that’s pushing it)
Rear delts: 2ml
Tris/bis: 1ml
Lats: 2-3ml

The less scar tissue you have then the less issues you’ll have with injection… So be smart and rotate.[/quote]

I do rotate most def lol Quads week 1, Glutes week 2, Delt and Traps week 3 <---- obviously don’t put 5mls there but glutes and quads handle it to easy like my quads I don’t even get tender there.

op, warm up the vial first and then kind of gently massage the site afterwards. When I run test e I split the doses up into 2x a week shots Sunday and Thursday to keep blood levels stable. You guys that only pin test e once a week notice any difference in levels? Just wondering how necessary it is and it would be nice if I could eliminate a pin day if there is no difference.

[quote]leadhead wrote:
op, warm up the vial first and then kind of gently massage the site afterwards. When I run test e I split the doses up into 2x a week shots Sunday and Thursday to keep blood levels stable. You guys that only pin test e once a week notice any difference in levels? Just wondering how necessary it is and it would be nice if I could eliminate a pin day if there is no difference.[/quote]

I have personally been pinning all long esters Test E, EQ, Deca, Tren E once a week for over 6 months now with absolutely minimal if any noticeable difference EXCEPT with Tren. My night sweats are absolutely insane 24-48 hours after injections but then taper off.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]BUDs wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:
Can I be honest and say I kinda started pinning with 5ml syringes so I could knock it out in one shot and 5ml in both quads completely painless… That’s not normal right lol?.[/quote]

That’s it? Haha

Try pinning 3mls ED for 10 weeks[/quote]

holy fucksauce! What were you running?
[/quote]

Haha 100mg test p, 100mg ace, 100mg mast p and that’s not including my cruise dose of 250mg test e a week, the hcg and the growth

[quote]leadhead wrote:
op, warm up the vial first and then kind of gently massage the site afterwards. When I run test e I split the doses up into 2x a week shots Sunday and Thursday to keep blood levels stable. You guys that only pin test e once a week notice any difference in levels? Just wondering how necessary it is and it would be nice if I could eliminate a pin day if there is no difference.[/quote]

Some times I’ll shoot my cruise dose of test once a week and feel no difference but ill pin twice a week on cycle with longer esters, only thing like reed said is tren.

Alright thanks guys, I will probably give the once a week thing a try and see how it goes as I am only running test e so I am guessing I won’t see much of a difference hopefully. Oh and by the way you guys are nuts :slight_smile: