T Nation

1st Cycle PCT Plan, Recovery Questions

Hey, I’ve been contemplating my first cycle for a while now. Originally planned a 10-week Test E and Dbol run but have been researching shorter cycles and feel like I would like to try a 6-8 week Prop run only instead for my first time. The pip is not a concern for me.

I know most guys will say stick to the Test E but from my research it seems that the shorter the cycle the less chance for sides and a shorter duration of sexual sides for the ones that will be encountered. This is my main concern.

I know in PCT I will probably have the standard problems with libido, erection difficulties etc if I don’t take proper precautions. I will be using HCG on cycle and have my arimidex and nolva on-hand. I don’t have a source for aromasin so unfortunately clomid is the only other option that I can throw into the recovery mix for right now. PCT is a standard 40/40/20/20 Nolva for right now and adjust accordingly if the signs of low E appear. I have a few questions I hope you guys can answer regarding minimizing the sides during and after PCT.

1. Is it advisable to use clomid and nolva in PCT to help bring back the sex drive? I have read that Clomid does aid in this regard but that a lot of ppl don’t like Clomid because it has it’s own batch of unwelcome sides for some.

2)Is a drop in sexual function/libido a near guarantee with just a short prop cycle like I am planning? I know shut down will occur, just trying to get an idea of how bad/good a recovery most guys on a straight test cycle have had.

3)I also picked-up DAA and fenugreek for after PCT. I use the fenugreek now and find it really helps. The DAA I seem to remember reading somewhere is actually suppresive. A good idea to help bring back to drive after PCT?

Thanks for taking the time to read and appreciate the help.

I think you should use Arimidex from the start of the cycle and not just have it on hand, especially if you want to minimize the chance of side effects. This is common practice now a days.

I think you might be confused about what Nolvadex does. It is a SERM, which means it binds to the Estrogen Receptor, activating it in some instances and not in others. It will not lower your Estrogen levels.

Some combine Nolvadex with Clomid during PCT. Others say this is unnecessary. Clomid does seem to have more side effects. both in literature and in reported cases by people in these forums.

I cannot comment on question 2 because I’ve never used AAS. In theory, a Test Prop cycle should not be harder to recover from than a cycle using another Test ester. I’ve actually read about guys saying that Prop causes less water retention. If this is true, it could imply that estrogen levels are kept lower than with other esters, which would also mean less side effects. Others can attest to the veracity or falsity of this.

Good luck with your cycle.

[quote]eaboadar wrote:
I think you should use Arimidex from the start of the cycle and not just have it on hand, especially if you want to minimize the chance of side effects. This is common practice now a days.

I think you might be confused about what Nolvadex does. It is a SERM, which means it binds to the Estrogen Receptor, activating it in some instances and not in others. It will not lower your Estrogen levels.

Some combine Nolvadex with Clomid during PCT. Others say this is unnecessary. Clomid does seem to have more side effects. both in literature and in reported cases by people in these forums.

I cannot comment on question 2 because I’ve never used AAS. In theory, a Test Prop cycle should not be harder to recover from than a cycle using another Test ester. I’ve actually read about guys saying that Prop causes less water retention. If this is true, it could imply that estrogen levels are kept lower than with other esters, which would also mean less side effects. Others can attest to the veracity or falsity of this.

Good luck with your cycle.[/quote]

Thanks for the input. Should have mentioned I’ll be running Prop @ 500mg/wk. Yeah, I was planning on running the arimidex through the cycle. Sorry if that was unclear. Run standard dose through the full cycle and taper into my PCT to help minimize any estrogen rebound. Nolva is strictly for PCT @ 40/40/20/20. Seriously contemplating throwing in the clomid.

My biggest worry is keeping my dick working at near optimal levels during PCT and afterwards. I have read a lot of horror stories of guys not doing PCT right and not being able to get a hard on to save their life, weak erections and pissed off GF’s. All things I would like to avoid if at all possible.