1st Contest... The Time Is Near

You look great. I’m curious as to how you will look at 195. Will a 10 lb drop be enough? Obviously this being your first competition, you will find out.

BSims - Holy Crap. Thanks for the detailed workout! Much appreciated.

Good luck, and really superb lat development so far ma man.

Good luck with your first show. When I saw the first pic and read 2.5 weeks out I was a bit shocked. However after more reading and the pictures that follow you appear to be well on your way.

Best advice Ive heard for someone doing a first show is to definately worry more about conditioning rather than size. Many people come in too soft for their first show and smaller better conditioned guys blow them out of the water. The only reason im making this comment is your projected weight where you plan to come in near the top of the LHW.

Good Luck.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
You look great. I’m curious as to how you will look at 195. Will a 10 lb drop be enough? Obviously this being your first competition, you will find out.[/quote]

thank you very much. you raise a good point. i’m not so much concerned with the actual weight…if i am still getting leaner and leaner which is the case then great. i want as much detail as possible. i made that estimate by what i saw in the mirror at the time and since i’ve dropped more. i’ve noticed along with me and friends in past that as one drops and gets closer and closer to that contest you notice certain pockets that still need to go.

i was at one point worried i would make it down to light heavy, had hit a plateau but not, not at all. so where i am as long as it’s ‘stage ready’ that’s what i want

[quote]Trenchant wrote:
BSims - Holy Crap. Thanks for the detailed workout! Much appreciated.[/quote]

of course…if you’d like to anything else…please ask away.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Looking good. Might I suggest you contact a fellow Canadian - Prisoner - for posing and contest tips?

He knows his stuff. He’s busy but tries to help out where possible. I’m sure he would relish the chance to advise you.

But then maybe that’s not what you want. Either way, it’s up to you of course.

Man, those poses look like they are tiring you out. Hard work huh?

Good luck with the show.

Bushy[/quote]

Pris and i have been conversing back and forth for couple years now…the guy is great. anyone who can befriend him is lucky.

re: posing, i hold my breath way too much. i need to pace myself otherwise i’ll keel over on stage. thanks for the words man…16 days and we will see what is up.

any idea if Biotest will have a booth at the Emerald Cup?

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Good luck, and really superb lat development so far ma man.[/quote]

grazie…deadlifts, barbell rows and pullup variations (supinated pull downs alah Dorian) that’s really all i do

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
Good luck with your first show. When I saw the first pic and read 2.5 weeks out I was a bit shocked. However after more reading and the pictures that follow you appear to be well on your way.

Best advice Ive heard for someone doing a first show is to definately worry more about conditioning rather than size. Many people come in too soft for their first show and smaller better conditioned guys blow them out of the water. The only reason im making this comment is your projected weight where you plan to come in near the top of the LHW.

Good Luck.[/quote]

i agree with you hands down. at 2 weeks i know there is still more to lose and honestly won’t be happy unless i am at that shredded state. i know the level of competition that shows up where i am going (Emerald Cup) and those guys don’t fuck around. i look forward to seeing the finished project and then having some cheesecake afterwards…

…now, time to go train.

I am just now reading this. I expected it to be some skinny guy who shouldn’t even be thinking of jumping on stage.

I was wrong. Good work, man and good luck. Weighing that much in contest shape is an accomplishment.

you got good mass on your frame.
i know its been said already but

1. traps
  2. arms
  3. chest

if i wanted to be a real asshole, id say work on your hammies and calves too.

and your right lat seems wayyyy bigger than your left.

you look great bro. its obvious you put a lot of effort into it. best of luck!!! and keep us posted

where abouts in BC are you and which show is it?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I am just now reading this. I expected it to be some skinny guy who shouldn’t even be thinking of jumping on stage.

I was wrong. Good work, man and good luck. Weighing that much in contest shape is an accomplishment.[/quote]

Hey X, i’m truly happy to receive a compliment from the likes of you. i was hoping i would get your two cents whether it be good or bad cos i do respect your opinion. couple more weeks and we’ll see what happens.

haha, hey Bart! Took me a minute but i finally realized why I recognized you. Used to work at FW with you. About time you did a show, you’re looking amazing, your looking bigger then 210. Good luck at the show. I’ll try and make it too watch (provided its in BC lol)

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
you got good mass on your frame.
i know its been said already but

1. traps
  2. arms
  3. chest

and your right lat seems wayyyy bigger than your left.

you look great bro. its obvious you put a lot of effort into it. best of luck!!! and keep us posted[/quote]

be an asshole man…that’s one of the reasons i posted this. i want input and you don’t know me so don’t be afraid of hurting my feelings.

it’s interesting, anyone who sees me in person has never said anything about needing more trap size and yet two people on here…maybe my own sentiments are true…i’ve felt i needed to start training the hard again (haven’t trained them consistently in like 4-5 years) chest and arms, for sure. hams and calves i don’t think can ever be too big.

as for that lat: i think it may have something to do with the 9 left shoulder dislocations going through high school and university along with broken left clavicle. interesting enough, my left upper trap is larger than my right.

thanks for the feedback… i really appreciate it cos i want the most complete physique i possibly can

[quote]ironjoe wrote:
where abouts in BC are you and which show is it? [/quote]

i am in the Langley area

the Emerald Cup in Bellevue, WA…April 19

[quote]ironjoe wrote:
haha, hey Bart! Took me a minute but i finally realized why I recognized you. Used to work at FW with you. About time you did a show, you’re looking amazing, your looking bigger then 210. Good luck at the show. I’ll try and make it too watch (provided its in BC lol)[/quote]

Hey Joe…

it’s “Bert” not ‘Bart’. I remember…thanks for the props man. That’s good you think i look bigger than 210 cos of course that’s what i want. there will be some guys weighing in right at the top of the light heavies and they will be shorter than i…so makes for tough comp.

The show is actually in Bellevue, WA but if you are in Kelowna two weeks later i will see you there cos i have some clients competing

hope things are well with you man.

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:

[/quote]

I think a lot of new competitors don’t realize how much calves and hamstrings can lag behind. I’ve got a few pics of natural competitors of similar height and build as myself, and the hamstring issue is a haunting one.

Just rememeber it’s your first show, and even if things blow up and go horribly wrong, learn from it (of course I’ve never competed myself, so what the hell do I know? -lol). Layne Norton, I believe, in an older description of his 1st show explained his goal was to simply “not embarass” himself. A damn fine goal if you ask me!

Best bro,

Stu

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:

I think a lot of new competitors don’t realize how much calves and hamstrings can lag behind. I’ve got a few pics of natural competitors of similar height and build as myself, and the hamstring issue is a haunting one.

Just rememeber it’s your first show, and even if things blow up and go horribly wrong, learn from it (of course I’ve never competed myself, so what the hell do I know? -lol). Layne Norton, I believe, in an older description of his 1st show explained his goal was to simply “not embarass” himself. A damn fine goal if you ask me!

Best bro,

Stu
[/quote]

i know exactly what you mean. i remember attending the Emerald Cup years ago and the light heavies were on stage. From the front it was close between these two guys and then they turned for a side chest and ‘shit’ it was over. the one guys hams hung in perfect symmetry with his quads/glutes and it is so important.

i admit…i hate looking at my side shots…however i know they need to be brough up a whole lot. i know what i am doing this offseason.

Layne Norton rocks! the guy is a wealth of information.

I certainly don’t want to embarrass myself and don’t think i will. time will tell…