1RM-Progression

How can the principles, overload, progression and specificitycan be applied to strength exercises in intermediate and elite powerlifter?

You have posted this twice now and neither one really makes that much sense.

The question sort of answers itself.

Please clarify.

Choose exercises that are very close to the exercises you want to improve on (or they are the exercises themselves).

Gradually add either weights, reps, or sets and train hard.

Eat well.

This program repeated regularly yields strength gains.

If you want a more specific answer you need a more specific question.

[quote]pal60 wrote:
How can the principles, overload, progression and specificitycan be applied to strength exercises in intermediate and elite powerlifter?
[/quote]

They can’t. You’ve made all the strength gains you’re genetically capable of upon hitting the intermediate level. After that all you can do is gain weight or add more equipment. But that’s only if you want to get fake strong.

[quote]pal60 wrote:
[/quote]

uh, those principles: overload, progression, and specificity, have EVERYTHING to do with ANY athlete. As stated before, you pick exercises that mimic the real life movement as close as possible, overload them by stressing them out of their comfort zone with training, then progress by overloading them more next workout.

How must be a Mesocycle/Block ?Numbrer rep,Sets,rest ecc…

It sounds like you are pretty confused about program design. If that is the case, I would suggest you follow a pre written workout focused for your goals (which I am assuming is strength).

Follow the program as written, don’t make any changes to it for 2-4 months. Then as you begin to see the logistics behind the program you can begin to alter it around what you think your body needs.

Since your goal is strength, I would suggest following one of three routines.

Option 1) Eric Cressey has a new book out called Maximum Strength, it is good and easy to comprehend. You can get his book and follow his plan.

or

Option 2) There are a lot of Sheiko style powerlifting plans available. Do a search on here or on Elite Fitness. Pick one and go for it.

or

Option 3) You can try a program that I have on this site, it usually gets pretty good results and is (hopefully) easy to follow as well. I would be happy to answer any questions you have about it.
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1460447

But pick a workout and work hard at it consistently for several months and see what happens to your strength levels. Don’t sweat the small stuff until you are advanced and even then the small stuff often doesn’t mean that much. Good luck with your workouts.

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:
It sounds like you are pretty confused about program design. If that is the case, I would suggest you follow a pre written workout focused for your goals (which I am assuming is strength).

Follow the program as written, don’t make any changes to it for 2-4 months. Then as you begin to see the logistics behind the program you can begin to alter it around what you think your body needs.

Since your goal is strength, I would suggest following one of three routines.

Option 1) Eric Cressey has a new book out called Maximum Strength, it is good and easy to comprehend. You can get his book and follow his plan.

or

Option 2) There are a lot of Sheiko style powerlifting plans available. Do a search on here or on Elite Fitness. Pick one and go for it.

or

Option 3) You can try a program that I have on this site, it usually gets pretty good results and is (hopefully) easy to follow as well. I would be happy to answer any questions you have about it.
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1460447

But pick a workout and work hard at it consistently for several months and see what happens to your strength levels. Don’t sweat the small stuff until you are advanced and even then the small stuff often doesn’t mean that much. Good luck with your workouts.[/quote]

My suggestion is to leave this guy alone. He sounds exactly like the troll “Tony” from Charliefrancis.com. Always asking questions in bad english, always unclear questions. Look at his other posts and you’ll know what I mean…

pick a weight 5-10 kgs from your 1rm

do 4-8 sets and keep adding 2.5kg each workout and try to get a minium of 6 sets.

Works for me

[quote]pal60 wrote:
[/quote]

It sounds like a English test question, we probably should answer with 2 pages of BS and tie it into Post-modernism.

I don’t suppose anyone here has ever heard of Kumar from the jref forums?

This is some very advanced trolling right here. Very advanced indeed.