1ml Syringe vs 3ml?

This may be a dumb question, but I’ll ask anyway. My clinic was giving me 1 ml syringes and then out of nowhere started giving me 3 ml syringes. Obviously the 1 ml syringe is longer than the 3 ml, so wouldn’t that mean it holds more? Or is it due to width because the 3 ml syringe is wider. Im just looking for clarity and just want to be sure im truly giving myself the same dose with the 3ml syringe as I was with the 1ml syringe.

Volume = height x pi x r^2

So when the radius of the syringe increases, the volume the syringe can hold increases.

I asked my clinic to stop shipping me syringes so I could buy my own, and they gave me a slight discount off my monthly bill.

As long as you are measuring the same ML then its like for like. BUT its harder to push the T oil out of the 3ML syringes Ive found…especially with the higher guage needles like 30g…nearly impossible.

Can confirm. For me it was impossible to push oil out of 2ml syringe with 26G needle. I have shaky hands and usually inject into delts, let’s say that it wasn’t pleasant. C:

1 Like

The lines are also different on the 3ml vs 1ml. My 3 ml syringe has lines every 0.1ml, compared to every 0.01ml for the 1ml syringe. So dosing something like 0.27ml will be much more accurate on a 1ml syringe.

So essentially I should just stick to 1ml syringes?

If that’s an option, then yes.

1 Like

Think im just going to buy my own syringes then

If you’re planning to blast ever in life, then get the single use insulin syringes with the non-changeable needles. They don’t waste any test in the tip when you dispose of them.

Yeah you can get them really cheap in the US. Usually $15 for 50.

@wholelottareps
I found the larger capacity syringes to waste more. The one piece 1ml insulin syringes below waste nothing.

1 Like