T Nation

1g of Test/Week

So I am mulling over my next cycle and was thinking of just running a gram of Test for 8 weeks or so. I currently B&C. It seems uncommon to get up to a gram with Test alone though, and I understand we hit the point of diminishing returns eventually. Just wondering if combining compounds is really that important or people just like to make things complicated (which generally seems to be the case).

With proper AI management, would this be a problem? I typically run an oral for 6 weeks and get close to a gram, but I think I want to keep it simple and just run straight Test. Thoughts?

I have never gone that high but my training partner has done multiple cycles that have included 1g of test, both on its own and along side other compounds such as tren and masteron. As long as you control estrogen with an AI as you mentioned it should be fine.

What other compounds are you considering? Lowering the Test and adding some Tren would give much more profound results if that’s an option.

[quote]pex86 wrote:
I have never gone that high but my training partner has done multiple cycles that have included 1g of test, both on its own and along side other compounds such as tren and masteron. As long as you control estrogen with an AI as you mentioned it should be fine.

What other compounds are you considering? Lowering the Test and adding some Tren would give much more profound results if that’s an option.[/quote]

I am so tempted by Tren, but the hit to cardio is a major problem for me. I was thinking of being very conservative with it, but not sure if there is such a thing with Tren. Any suggestions on Test/Tren ratio or amounts if I want to be on a total of 1g/wk?

My training partner has always used roughly a 1:1 ratio, currently on 1g test 1g tren. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone but the results are crazy. I can’t remember how much tren he ran first time around, but it was a much lower dose and the effects were incredible.

If i decided to give it a try i would probably start with around 300mg tren. You could use a similar amount of test i guess, anything from 250mg to 500mg. Depending on goals if you used an oral as well that would get you close to 1g a week but i don’t see any reason to have a particular amount of gear that you have to run p/w.

[quote]pex86 wrote:
My training partner has always used roughly a 1:1 ratio, currently on 1g test 1g tren. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone but the results are crazy. I can’t remember how much tren he ran first time around, but it was a much lower dose and the effects were incredible.

If i decided to give it a try i would probably start with around 300mg tren. You could use a similar amount of test i guess, anything from 250mg to 500mg. Depending on goals if you used an oral as well that would get you close to 1g a week but i don’t see any reason to have a particular amount of gear that you have to run p/w.[/quote]

A) almost nobody should be running a gram of tren. That’s way too much for anyone who’s never run it. 300-400 would be sufficient.

B) I ran a gram of test for my second cycle, plus an oral. I know a lot of people who would do that. I think it’s a fine idea. 400 tren with, say, 500 test would be a much stronger cycle. If you’ve never run more than a gram total, I’d go the test-only route. Try to make the most out of less.

Well I’ll give you a little insight from my last cycle in which the majority of it was ran 600 - 750 test and 300-400 tren A

The effect on cardio was actually really annoying for me. Even when trying to sleep I found myself trying so hard to keep my breathing under control… And having sex !!! Good luck!! over all though it was all completely manageable so don’t let me detour you. Most of the side effects from tren (in the 300-400mg) range are pretty manageable.

I did get froggy around week 9 and jumped to a Gram of test with 500 Tren. For only one week. And my training that week was fucking stupid. I kept telling myself “this is how a cycle is supposed to be” although the pump was sometimes unbearable. (To include lower back, shoulders, forearms) I thought that was the most productive week of my cycle and I felt like superman.

Personally though, I would be curious as to what a full cycle of test only at 1g a week would yield. Maybe some Dbol here and there.

I guess if you wanted to try Tren go with a 600/400 split Test/Tren. I think you’ll be pretty happy with it.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]pex86 wrote:

If i decided to give it a try i would probably start with around 300mg tren. You could use a similar amount of test i guess, anything from 250mg to 500mg. Depending on goals if you used an oral as well that would get you close to 1g a week but i don’t see any reason to have a particular amount of gear that you have to run p/w.[/quote]

A) almost nobody should be running a gram of tren. That’s way too much for anyone who’s never run it. 300-400 would be sufficient.
.[/quote]

Also expensive as fuck haha (for me anyways)

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]pex86 wrote:

B) I ran a gram of test for my second cycle, plus an oral. I know a lot of people who would do that. I think it’s a fine idea. 400 tren with, say, 500 test would be a much stronger cycle. If you’ve never run more than a gram total, I’d go the test-only route. Try to make the most out of less.[/quote]

I did clearly say that i would not recommend these dosages to anyone. Thought i should mention it again as i don’t want it to look like i’m running around internet forums suggesting people jump on 1g of tren…

Yea overall I agree. TBH 500 test 400 tren is pretty amazing. I like keeping test slightly higher than tren. The current internet trend is the opposite but I just get hit with way more mental tren sides when I run low test with it. Tried it both ways and pick the equal or higher test route.

OP if you’ve never run tren and want to, I’d use a test dose you have used before and are comfortable with. (such as 500mg) and add in tren. I always prefer tren ace but ESPECIALLY recommend it first time using the compound as if you get sides to the point you want to drop it, it will clear your system in like 3 days vs 2 weeks with enanthate.

I think the cardio is the deal breaker. It is so incredibly tempting based on what people say. Does anybody run it and not have terrible cardio?

[quote]pex86 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]pex86 wrote:

B) I ran a gram of test for my second cycle, plus an oral. I know a lot of people who would do that. I think it’s a fine idea. 400 tren with, say, 500 test would be a much stronger cycle. If you’ve never run more than a gram total, I’d go the test-only route. Try to make the most out of less.[/quote]

I did clearly say that i would not recommend these dosages to anyone. Thought i should mention it again as i don’t want it to look like i’m running around internet forums suggesting people jump on 1g of tren…
[/quote]

hahaha sorry about that, I didn’t mean to insinuate that you were recommending that. I was just throwing that out there. I know a few guys who have done the 1g tren/1g test thing (Reed has done it), and they’ve all been able to cut weigh down from that dose and continue to make great progress.

As a side note, I also know some people will throw in EQ at a moderate to high dose to combat the tren cardio issues. For me, that’s more compounds than I want to run, but I’ve been told that’s fairly effective.

[quote]KountKoma wrote:
I think the cardio is the deal breaker. It is so incredibly tempting based on what people say. Does anybody run it and not have terrible cardio?[/quote]

Well depends on what kind of “cardio” you will be doing. I just sweat a fuck ton whenever I did anything cardio related. Even just my basic workouts I looked like I ran a marathon. But then again I’m a naturally sweaty guy. And it was only at night while trying to go to bed that I really noticed how I was slightly hard of breathing. I was always sweating tho.

I think if your doing recreational MMA or Martial arts of whatever sort I think you will be fine. Also for basic cardio like rowing, stair master, treadmill, jogging you’ll be fine.

Unless your career depends on it I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

My opinion

-Ross

1g of test, 50mg dbol.

Best cycle ever

Just popping back in for an update. I opted for 1g of Test and it was fantastic. With the amount of abuse my body takes the smaller dosages just weren’t cutting it. I’ll be adding in the dbol next time. Cheers!

In your op you said you would run it for 8 weeks. Is this what you did? That’s a short run. Unless you used prop.