T Nation

1AD Good For Me?

Ok so I’ve been doing some reading and have been thinking about taking 1AD for 3 weeks over the christmas holidays. The reason I am thinking over christmas holidays is because I won’t be in school and I work as a bouncer, so I only work 3 nights a week. This leaves me plenty of time to train, sleep and eat, and so I thought it would give me the best chance to make good use of it.

First a little background on me, I’m 19 have been training for about abit over 2 yrs now, with about 1 year very serious.I work out 6 days a week, with 2 leg days. My goal is to get extremely muscular but still remain asthetic(something along the lines of Sergio Olvia, or Arnold, etc). Now my question is do you think taking 1AD for 3 weeks will have an effect on my natural testosterone after I am finished using it?

Yes it will onm the testosterone. This is now and illegal steroid, or classifeid as such. I suggest you reseacrh a LOT more tons of info out there to easily be had.

Phill

You’re being impatient grasshopper. 2 years of training and you want to turn to pro-steriods? There is no way you’ve even come anywhere near your genetic potential already. You have NO concept of the body you’ll have when you’re 30 if you keep up you’re training.
But I get it, I was 19 too. I just wanted to be HOOOGE within 3 months.

First, you’re too young to gain the true benenfits of them. You’re so chock full of high testosterone, DHEA, growth hormone and all the other goodies that you simply don’t need it. Your body won’t use the compound correctly.

Second, analyze your eating habits. If you want to gain quality muscle this is the first place to start. Slip in an extra meal or two of high protein and quality carbs (one especially in the middle of the night).

Third, try less side-effect causing testosterone increasing supplements that work WITH your body. TRIBEX Gold, Alpha Male. Or go the other route with anti-estrogen testosterone increasing supps like Rez-V or Nolvadex XT (Gaspari).
If you take a pro-steriod (or real one) longer than 3-4 weeks then your own natural testosterone production will shut off or slow down due to the overflow of testosterone. Problem is that with pro-steriods that you need to take more than one cycle that long at least to make them work.
This also means two things - side-effects (like gyno, joint soreness and back-ne; oh they say it won’t convert to estrogen but it’s bullshit) go up and you now have to worry about creating a very serious post-cycle to get your natural test back up to normal levels once you stop and save yourself from any liver damage you might have done (good anti-estrogen, trib and milk thistle is just a start).

Do what you’re gonna do. Just be smart about it.

One more thing. Unless you’re using a very specific High Frequency Training method like Waterbury’s, I’d say training 6 days a week is too much. That you’re overtraining which is too catabolic. Rest and recouperation is a big part of the picture too.

You might want to check out Chad Waterbury’s brand new book everyone is raving about in this thread which has long term, serious strength and muscle gain based programs in it:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1367231

For $35 direct from the Biotest Store, I doubt you could find a better source of information.

It’s def on my X-max list.

Thanks for the replys. Yea I was being cautious about this and after reading up on it as much as I could, I figure this is the best place to ask for a little more. I was starting to lean further away from it, but from the replys here I am now done with wanting to try it. As far as my working out 6 days a week, I don’t think I’m overtraining as I don’t have any of the usually side effects you see when overtraining.

I applaud your mature decision!

[quote]AllTraps wrote:
I applaud your mature decision![/quote]

Wow, did someone actually listen to advice about steroids? I’m impressed.

Maybe you and Phill should handle all these questions, you guys seem to have the magic touch.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
AllTraps wrote:
I applaud your mature decision!

Wow, did someone actually listen to advice about steroids? I’m impressed.

Maybe you and Phill should handle all these questions, you guys seem to have the magic touch. [/quote]

LOL

I am 39 yrs old, have been into weight lifting for over 20 years, and have tried all of the supplements out there, I take 1ad, not in heavy doses, I only take like 100mg a every other day or so, not even. It is very anabolic, and I think it works great, even in small doses, so yes I’d recommend it. It does not convert to estrogen at all, zero !

You dont need to get into heavy doses or cycles of it, just throw it in the mix now n then for a boost, it will help you grow !

[quote]peterhugh1213 wrote:
I am 39 yrs old, have been into weight lifting for over 20 years, and have tried all of the supplements out there, I take 1ad, not in heavy doses, I only take like 100mg a every other day or so, not even. It is very anabolic, and I think it works great, even in small doses, so yes I’d recommend it. It does not convert to estrogen at all, zero !

You dont need to get into heavy doses or cycles of it, just throw it in the mix now n then for a boost, it will help you grow ![/quote]

Okay buddy. This is EXACTLY MY POINT!
You’re 39 years old. You’ve had declining hormones since you were 25. This kid is 19!!!
You’re twice as old as he is.
It would be best to check who your audience is first before giving advice.

So I’ll say it again - IF YOU’RE NOT 25-30+ (and have at least 5 years solid training under your belt)…you have ZERO need for pro-steriods/hormones or the real ones. You won’t get the benefits of them, but you will get the side effects.

[quote]AllTraps wrote:
peterhugh1213 wrote:
I am 39 yrs old, have been into weight lifting for over 20 years, and have tried all of the supplements out there, I take 1ad, not in heavy doses, I only take like 100mg a every other day or so, not even. It is very anabolic, and I think it works great, even in small doses, so yes I’d recommend it. It does not convert to estrogen at all, zero !

You dont need to get into heavy doses or cycles of it, just throw it in the mix now n then for a boost, it will help you grow !

Okay buddy. This is EXACTLY MY POINT!
You’re 39 years old. You’ve had declining hormones since you were 25. This kid is 19!!!
You’re twice as old as he is.
It would be best to check who your audience is first before giving advice.

So I’ll say it again - IF YOU’RE NOT 25-30+ (and have at least 5 years solid training under your belt)…you have ZERO need for pro-steriods/hormones or the real ones. You won’t get the benefits of them, but you will get the side effects.

[/quote]

Fuck I’d say a healthy eating male doesn’t begin a hormone decline until 35. But I don’t think that’s exactly what the OP wants to hear.

Hormone decline is highly correlated with a poor diet high in GI and low in balanced fats. Try REZ-V first I’d say. AM when you get past 35. unless you live in pollution central.

-chris

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
Fuck I’d say a healthy eating male doesn’t begin a hormone decline until 35. But I don’t think that’s exactly what the OP wants to hear.

Hormone decline is highly correlated with a poor diet high in GI and low in balanced fats. Try REZ-V first I’d say. AM when you get past 35. unless you live in pollution central.

-chris[/quote]

Totally agree! Just trying to give the guy little leeway.