19yrs Old, Free Test is 0.18% of Total, Dr Says Fine

Are you on antidepressants? Here is a decent sexual side effects website for prescription medications:

https://www.rxisk.org/Research/SpecialtyFilter.aspx?SpecialtyFilter=3

Maca contains phytoestrogens which may or may not cause estrogenic activity, however, I can safely say that Maca improves my mood, attention and motivation in a subtle, but noticeable manner. Maca is supposedly a hormone balancer and most studies that were done on Maca used healthy humans or rodents. Has there ever been a study done on humans with low testosterone and LH?

I am not on any antidepressant. The only time I remember having a libido was when I started puberty and even then it only lasted about a month before dropping off. From then on, it continued dropping until it was dead.

As a side note, I just noticed that the bald spot on the top of my head has grown. How is this possible when my testosterone levels are so low? There’s no way my DHT levels could be normal or high if my testosterone levels are not high or normal.

I’m going to ask my psychiatrist for a thyroid test along with the other important hormones.

All this talk about estrogens and no E2 lab results…

Agreed.

alphaepsilon, other avenues for blood tests include osteopaths (can order blood tests) and for-hire testing labs like Nutrichem in Ottawa. You’d be outside of OHIP and looking at several hundred dollars expense for the various tests that you need. This is if your doctor refuses to order the appropriate tests.

I can’t afford to pay for any lab tests. If it’s not covered by OHIP then I’m not getting it. I’m unemployed and I dropped out of university with a loan.

I also completely forgot about my appointment with my psychiatrist. It was scheduled for today and I was sitting on my computer at 6 pm with a feeling that I had forgotten something. I took out the slip that the office receptionists gave me and I was supposed to go there today at 1:45 pm. I completely forgot about it.

I’m not sure if my psychiatrist is going to agree to see me now. This is the 3rd time I missed an appointment.

I’ve been taking Rhodiola for the past 3 weeks and it has given me some energy to go and get my bloodwork done. I wrote down a list of things I thought would be necessary. I copied them from the Lab work sticky thread:

• Chemistry Panel (Metabolic panel with lipids)
  • Complete Blood Count (CBC)
  • Free Testosterone
  • Total Testosterone
  • DHEA-S - Sulfate
  • Estradiol
  • Homocysteine
  • C-reactive protein
  • TSH
  • Total T4
  • Free T4
  • Total T3
  • Free T3
  • Reverse T3
  • Thyroglobulin Antibodies
  • Thyroid Peroxidase
  • Cortisol
  • LH
  • FSH
  • DHT (Dihydrotestosterone)
  • SHBG
  • IGF-1 (Insulin-Like Growth Factor)
  • Prolactin
  • Progesterone
  • Pregnenolone
  • VITAMIN B12
  • Vitamin D, 25-OH Total
  • Vitamin D, 25-OH D3
  • Ferritin
  • Iron, Total Binding Capacity
  • Iron, Binding Capacity
  • Magnesium, RBC
  • Zinc

I went to a walk-in clinic and was met with a very arrogant doctor. I explained to her the symptoms I’ve been having and how I got a basic blood work done and even though my TSH was fine, I’m still having symptoms of thyroid problems. I also told her I went to a psychiatrist and tried various meds which had little to no effect on me and I wanted to do a little more comprehensive blood work to make sure that my numbers are optimal.

She had the nerve to disrespect my psychiatrist by telling me the meds he put me on were not sufficient. She also ignorantly stated that if your TSH number is fine then you would not have any thyroid problems. I told her that it’s possible I don’t have any thyroid problems, but it would be better if I did the bloodwork to confirm it. She fucking said ‘No, there’s no point and it would hurt you anyway.’. What the fuck is this bitch on? How did she pass medical school?

Does anyone know of a clinic in Toronto that’s covered by OHIP and has doctors with functional brains?