19y/o Intelligent Suggestions

[quote]jacheson wrote:
jh34pg wrote:
i think u look fine, no homo, check out my thread in this forum, but i weight 13 pounds less than you

I swear if immature kids start bringing ‘no homo’ on to T-Nation boards I’m going to absolutely lose it.[/quote]

Yeah I didn’t quite know what that guy meant by that, so I ignored it.

[quote]K O N G wrote:
The guy doesn’t look average at all. Keep up the good work and stay natural. Ur solid.
KONG [/quote]

Thank you for the comment. I only use whey protein powder to supplement my protein intake.

[quote]elusive wrote:
I feel you look very solid. From a BB’ers point of view your lats and upper arms can fill up a bit. I guess heavy rowing would help solve that problem. However, like you already said, you’re into performance, so no big deal. Personally I would take performance over looks anyday. With your numbers, great work and keep doing what your doing.[/quote]

Thank you for the comment. For my bis, I do one arm- barbell curls and heavy pullups. As for tris I do some close grip presses and lying extensions mostly. Any suggestions?

[quote]itsthenickman wrote:
What does “no homo” mean? i’ve never seen that before. does it mean, “no, I’m not a homosexual.”[/quote]

I don’t know the guy, but perhaps he is threatened by people misinterpreting his sexual orientation when he comments on the body of another man on a “rate my physique” forum. Either that or he is gay. j/k

If your stats are correct (Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say they are) then great work! You are also handling criticisms much better than most who post on this part of the forum. What sport(s) do you play?

And that no homo thing…I second jacheson…keep that shit at bb.com.

[quote]medog11 wrote:
My leg development is very hamstring dominant. from the front I look skinny but defined, from the side I look like a horse. What techniques take emphasis away from the hamstring?

Thank you for your comment once again [/quote]

You could try front or hack squats. These might be a good bet since it seems like you prefer compound/‘money’ exercises to isolation work. See John Davies’ Forgotten Squats article:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459865

I’ve never tried them, but in one of CT’s Violent Variations articles he has a couple quad isolation exercises (scroll ~halfway down, look for deadman quad raises):
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=460034

Also, Ian King’s ‘Limping’ series has a lot of unique exercises, especially single-leg variations. I’m trying to learn to do one-legged squats (pistols) now, and it’s tough (at least for me). The final (I think?) article in the series has links to all the previous installments:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=460295&cr=

[quote]fightingtiger wrote:
If your stats are correct (Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say they are) then great work! You are also handling criticisms much better than most who post on this part of the forum. What sport(s) do you play?

And that no homo thing…I second jacheson…keep that shit at bb.com.[/quote]

Thank you for the comment. I played football (halfback) in high school, but after a serious shoulder injury, I was unable to return to full contact without serious risk. My shoulder is now fine after over a year of post-surgery rehab. I sprint, not yet competitively, but I hope to in the near future. I box for fun but I would like to take up a martial art form.

What is your 100m time? Mine is 11.4…you’re a similar build to me, but quite a lot stronger, so I expect you must be getting down into the 10.8x times?

It’s good to see a post from someone who’s interested in function over form…but whose form is great as a result of that anyway.

Keep at this. These pictures are promising.

It’s possible that you have genetically blessed biceps, as the muscle belly seems long, the attachments are optimal, and the symmetry is quite good. Your triceps genes may be less accomodating.

Well-rounded athleticism is a wonderful thing, but genuine competition almost always requires specific training to a specific goal. Your achievements are notable at your age. But if you want to excel – truly set yourself apart – you might consider picking something and doing it with all your might.

I’ve known multi-talented people who, because they can do it all, live life doing nothing in particular. No crime in that. But I just want you to be aware of the danger of wide-reaching potential.

Just whey? I know it’s inexpensive and tasty, but as a T-Nation member, you do know that casein plus whey has been repeatedly proven to be better, right? Dozens of studies have shown that. Please consider adding a casein based protein at least once a day.

[quote]Plowman wrote:
Keep at this. These pictures are promising.

It’s possible that you have genetically blessed biceps, as the muscle belly seems long, the attachments are optimal, and the symmetry is quite good. Your triceps genes may be less accomodating.

Well-rounded athleticism is a wonderful thing, but genuine competition almost always requires specific training to a specific goal. Your achievements are notable at your age. But if you want to excel – truly set yourself apart – you might consider picking something and doing it with all your might.

I’ve known multi-talented people who, because they can do it all, live life doing nothing in particular. No crime in that. But I just want you to be aware of the danger of wide-reaching potential.

Just whey? I know it’s inexpensive and tasty, but as a T-Nation member, you do know that casein plus whey has been repeatedly proven to be better, right? Dozens of studies have shown that. Please consider adding a casein based protein at least once a day.[/quote]

I really respect your advice. And I believe I must apply it to more areas of my life than just my physique. As for my triceps, it seems to be the consensus that I need to put some emphasis on them. And as for the protein powder, I think I’ll get some Metabolic Drive next time. Thanks for invaluable advice from an unlikely place.

looks very good to me, especially your delts and back. Your lats could use some filling in- although I’m surprised that hasn’t happened with the heavy chin-ups you’re doing. Maybe try different hand width positions. On the other hand, if it ain’t broke…
Paul

More back, traps & forearms to balance out your build.