1990 At The Mall Pictures

Holy fuck! You can smoke in malls? Thats insane. I only remember people smoking in restaurant in separate areas. Those were simpler times weren’t they?

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:
I was born in 1990 you geezers [/quote]

And you are still older than me.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Holy fuck! You can smoke in malls? Thats insane. I only remember people smoking in restaurant in separate areas. Those were simpler times weren’t they?[/quote]

I’m only 36 but when I was a kid there were ash trays at the end of the isles at the grocery store and movie theaters had ash trays in some of the arm rests. People smoked damn near everywhere and it wasn’t a big deal.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
Haha nice. 1990 I had long flat hair and wore nothing but black heavy metal t-shirts with jeans. I was 14, 145 lbs, 6ft tall and unfortunately I haven’t grown an inch since then :frowning: .[/quote]

What are you bitchin’ about? I’m 5’4" and haven’t grown since 10th grade.

[/quote]

My height twin! Yeah, mr. Sneed. What are you bitching about mayne?

[Edit: Ok, you got me on the hair thing]

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Holy fuck! You can smoke in malls? Thats insane. I only remember people smoking in restaurant in separate areas. Those were simpler times weren’t they?[/quote]

I’m only 36 but when I was a kid there were ash trays at the end of the isles at the grocery store and movie theaters had ash trays in some of the arm rests. People smoked damn near everywhere and it wasn’t a big deal.
[/quote]

In malls and grocery stores? Shit they had smoking sections ON PLANES.

[quote]postholedigger wrote:

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[/quote]

In malls and grocery stores? Shit they had smoking sections ON PLANES.[/quote]
Someone was reading this post behind me and said aloud “WHAT?! YOU MEAN PEOPLE SMOKED IN PURE OXYGEN CABINS!?” Lol,what?

Seriously though,this is pretty cool. I wish the big hair on girls came back. That is hot.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[/quote]

Someone was reading this post behind me and said aloud “WHAT?! YOU MEAN PEOPLE SMOKED IN PURE OXYGEN CABINS!?” Lol,what?

Seriously though,this is pretty cool. I wish the big hair on girls came back. That is hot.
[/quote]

Go watch some Full House reruns.

Sad thing is half of those pictures could be from yesterday where I live.

The people smoking in the malls really dates the pics though. Best thing they ever did was start banning that everywhere.

Anyone remember the little aluminum ashtrays at McDonald’s with the arches on them?

Remember these?

Youth Gone Wild!!! Nice jeans ladies…

[quote]Nards wrote:
Remember these?[/quote]

Oh wow. They served all food on those?

Yeah they used to let people smoke damn near everywhere. Shit, everyone car door had an ashtray built right into it.

I think people see the year 1990 and don’t realize that it was still basically 80’s styles and whatnot. I was a freshman in high school, and that was the year I grew a badass Mullett.

By 1993 flannel was in absolute full swing, all the girls started covering their bodies with full-length forrest green Amish dresses.

Makes sense how it all worked. By the late 80’s there was a lot of pink, chartreuse and neon. The only people wearing black were Raiders or L.A. Kings fans.

Fast forward into the mid-late 90’s and there were four colors on the style pallate:

Forrest Green
Merlot
Gray
Brown

Motherfuckin’ BORING and LAME.

The memory that still makes me shudder:

Starter Jackets.

Seemed like everyone had a Charlotte Hornets or a Bulls Starter Jacket in the 90’s but me. I wore Carhart lol.

[quote]Extremepain wrote:
Sad thing is half of those pictures could be from yesterday where I live.

The people smoking in the malls really dates the pics though. Best thing they ever did was start banning that everywhere.[/quote]

I hear you. I grew up in a very rural area so the 80s didn’t end until much later for me. I tight rolled my jeans until '96.

I remember having friends being pissed they didn’t allowed smoking at the mall so they would take a huge drag and hold it until they walked in to protest. We were bad asses.

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:

My son was born in 1991

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:

My son was born in 1991[/quote]

1990 and 1991 were both years of birthing Champions.

Ukrainian, glad someone is younger than me in here.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I was six in 1990… you old fucks.[/quote]

They used to show prize fights on regular TV!, you missed out you punk lol.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I was six in 1990… you old fucks.[/quote]

They used to show prize fights on regular TV!, you missed out you punk lol.

[/quote]

Good thing I lived in Ukraine. I definitely experienced the 80s and early nineties there, with cultural lag and all that.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember taking a 6 hour flight with Air Canada back in the day when smoking was allowed on planes. I smoke and that was hardcore disgusting shit.