T Nation

195 lbs Gonna Try to Work my Way up to 220

as far as lifts go, that may not be the problem. what is your training like? the training protocols you use may be holding you back, not the lifts themselves…

also, if you want to be a powerlifter with deadlift, bench and squat, then train the hell outta those lifts (along with some supp exercises) but the way you train them should change…

we need to see how you train…please explain further

[quote]Poetikaal wrote:
as far as lifts go, that may not be the problem. what is your training like? the training protocols you use may be holding you back, not the lifts themselves…

also, if you want to be a powerlifter with deadlift, bench and squat, then train the hell outta those lifts (along with some supp exercises) but the way you train them should change…

we need to see how you train…please explain further[/quote]

I just started training DC style a few weeks ago and am loving it… i’m likin the progress for example here is the dif from first time(FT) to second time(ST)which was 9 days apart cause i’m rotating 2 exercises instead of 3(horrible i know!)

Incline Smith machine Press- 165x10,3,1 FT 190x7,1,0 ST
Military Press- 120x7,0,0 FT 120x8,3,1 ST
Reverse Grip Press- 185x7,1,0 FT 185x7,2,0 ST (tired a lil)
Front Pull-downs- 170x7,3,2 FT 170x7,2,1 ST
Below knee rack deads- 300x6, 350x4 FT 300x10, 360x5 ST

and

Drag curls, hammer curls, hack squat, lying leg curl and leg press toe raise all went up Drag curls-55x11,4,3 to 60x11,4,4!

keep up the good work man

Well your 20, rightly competing 198. Those would be decent lifts in my weightclass, with you is mediocre. Got a good base, keep at it though man. As someone said eariller you dont need to be posting in this thread if you want to be a powerlifter. IMO (fellow PLers dont kill me!) you could easily get down to a 181 with a better physique and keep strength the same if not still go up. You got a blessing in disguise of a good amount of BF to train wit while losing. That and your still yog like me

just an update i weigh 210 and have gotten a bit stronger

How much stronger? Post your current lifts man.

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
How much stronger? Post your current lifts man.[/quote]

pull-downs then- 170x7 now- 185x6
shoulder press- 120x8 now-135x5
curls- 100x4 now 115x3

i haven’t maxed out the big 3 in a while but i just started floor press and did 250 lb thats what my max bench was and my legs feel stronger as i gained an inch on them. I front sqauted on a high box 360 x1 and 1 leg romanian deadlifts 95x11.

another pic

Firsth but not least

Your chest is NON-existent!

it’s still truth

[quote]Simonidas wrote:
Firsth but not least

it’s still truth[/quote]

Yea i know i have been working hard on it! I think my shoulders take a lot of the stress when benching so i bench wider now and do flys in my workout.

Its helped a little as my chest measurement when from 42" to 43.5" but alot of the growth could have been from my back.

[quote]DickBag wrote:
gorilla190 wrote:
another pic

your looking pretty solid man.

your back doube b is serious, i remember tribunal dude saying you have to work on your shoulders but your shoulders look to me like your strongest part.

back, arms, shoulders all look big, chest looks like its there in the front double but hard to see accuratly its size.

all in all great progress [/quote]

thanks man i just can’t wait to show my progress pic next summer when i have way lower body fat ill prob double my rating on this thing haha

[quote]gorilla190 wrote:
Simonidas wrote:
Firsth but not least

it’s still truth

Yea i know i have been working hard on it! I think my shoulders take a lot of the stress when benching so i bench wider now and do flys in my workout.

Its helped a little as my chest measurement when from 42" to 43.5" but alot of the growth could have been from my back.[/quote]

It’s truth, good luck with that!

I know its only been 5 weeks but any improvements noticed i lost an inch off my waist while staying a t the same weight.

Good job, now get bigger!!!