19 Yrs OId, Low T (Newbie) and Desperate for Help

I can help, but is wrong do this in rogue22’s thread.

Please create your own “new topic” and copy and paste your question there. Please include any lab work in list format with the lab ranges.

@KSman I have been supplementing with ferritin recently and have noticed my energy has increased, but I’m not sure if this is just in my head or if there is actually an increase. I know I should strive to improve all aspects of my health, but I feel like I’m still beating around the bush and not really addressing the low T problem directly. How can I figure out the root cause of this/work to improve it? Would you recommend an HPTA Restart for me? I felt like a normal teenager 1.5 years ago, and now I am just desperate and unsure what to do. Thank you, as always.

@KSman Anything? Or anyone else? Please, I don’t know who else to turn to about this.

@KSman If it will help you answer, updated labs:
Total T: 321 (250-1100)
T4: .96 (.93-1.6)
TSH: 2.53 (.45-4.50
Total T3: 73 (71-180)
FT3: 1.9 (2.3-5)

TSH=2.53 should be nearer to 1.0
T4=0.96 is well below 1.25 mid range.
T3=73 is well below 125 mid range.
fT3=1.9 is well below 3.6 mid range [is your range 2.3-5 correct, 2.3-4 more common]

fT3 is the active thyroid hormone.

Is iodine deficiency the problem? YES
Are you doing anything about that? - exactly how?

HPTA restart or TRT?

You first have to find the cause, low T is the symptom. The problem may be related to the thyroid issues that you have to address seriously. And you can’t restart against the pressure of a cause that is persistent.

T is low. Why? Test LH/FSH, prolactin, TT, FT and E2

Fully read advice for new guys and things that damage your hormones stickies and see if you can find what the problem is. Not using iodized salt is one major problem.

@KSman
I’ve already tested LH/FSH, prolactin, TT, FT, and E2.
I have iodarol tablets (12.5 mg) and have started taking two a day. Should I be doing more for IR? Thank you.

Please create your own thread.

@KSman

25mg/day will work. More would hurry things up a bit. But more can upset gut flora and make things loose and uncomfortable sometimes. I just need to remind that selenium is mission critical.