19 Years Old, 2 Years Training

Whats your goals?
If its bodybuilding you need a serious bulk, get your diet down asap!
Good luck!

[quote]Arnoldrocks wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:
Oh,and I think you could lose the Animal Pak for now,and pick any cheaper quality vits,and spend that money on more food.Chuck some fullfat milk in that PWO shake if you’re not already.

milk in PWO shake? not a very good idea.

You need the nutrients from your PWO to reach your damaged muscles as fast as possible and milk will only slow the absorption process.

Whole milk it’s not a bad idea just don’t use in your PWO shake.

AR[/quote]

I’ve seen plenty of people improve their progress by adding milk or casein,myself included,but particularly those with a fast metabolism.
Many PWO formulas,including Biotest’s,have both whey and casein,for a staggered absorption process,so you absorb the whey quickly and the added fat and milk absorb slowly.

Not to mention countless huge old-schoolers who didn’t have whey,and slammed their milk and eggs PWO and beyond,with steak,tuna or chicken to follow later,and made progress that would blow away many of todays forumites spending a hundred bucks a month on supps and powders.

I don’t put on fat, even eating at least 4000kcal/day, beacause I have a very fast metabolsim. Muscle mass i’m adding kinda constant, but I had a very very weak point of start (see comparsion pic).

Obviously I train my legs as hard as my upper body :slight_smile: But I can see that in shape they’re way beyond upper body…

[quote]FitManRO wrote:
Obviously I train my legs as hard as my upper body :slight_smile: But I can see that in shape they’re way beyond upper body…[/quote]

no they are not…

Good progress dude.

Well done!

Have you tried total-body workouts yet? You will probably grow bigger and stronger with this approach. Also, it may be a good idea to cut back to 3 workouts a week instead of 4. It will give your muscles and CNS more time to recover and your body more time to grow.

Is everyone being serious here or am I missing out on some sarcasim?

[quote]Ace Rimmer wrote:
Arnoldrocks wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:
Oh,and I think you could lose the Animal Pak for now,and pick any cheaper quality vits,and spend that money on more food.Chuck some fullfat milk in that PWO shake if you’re not already.

milk in PWO shake? not a very good idea.

You need the nutrients from your PWO to reach your damaged muscles as fast as possible and milk will only slow the absorption process.

Whole milk it’s not a bad idea just don’t use in your PWO shake.

AR

I’ve seen plenty of people improve their progress by adding milk or casein,myself included,but particularly those with a fast metabolism.
Many PWO formulas,including Biotest’s,have both whey and casein,for a staggered absorption process,so you absorb the whey quickly and the added fat and milk absorb slowly.

Not to mention countless huge old-schoolers who didn’t have whey,and slammed their milk and eggs PWO and beyond,with steak,tuna or chicken to follow later,and made progress that would blow away many of todays forumites spending a hundred bucks a month on supps and powders.[/quote]

I just want to point out that I completely agree with Da Rimjob on this one. Even though he still doesn’t understand “paragraph” or “space bar” :wink:

At 160lbs this kid doesn’t need to worry about absorption times or any of that shit. He just needs to eat.

[quote]CKMAN wrote:
Good progress dude.

Well done!

Have you tried total-body workouts yet? You will probably grow bigger and stronger with this approach. Also, it may be a good idea to cut back to 3 workouts a week instead of 4. It will give your muscles and CNS more time to recover and your body more time to grow.
[/quote]

You’re joking right?

starting strength + 5000 cals = a stronger and less marlyn manson looking you

I gotta agree with the people who say “eat boy eat!!”.

He does kinda look like Manson in the early days…

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee292/Karlie_The_Ripper/bands/MM.jpg[/quote]

You, sir, have turned me off of hand sized boobs for a little while

[quote]Deadsion wrote:
xxxwtfxxx wrote:

You, sir, have turned me off of hand sized boobs for a little while[/quote]

iam truly sorry

I didn’t try full-body workouts or 3days/week, just when I first workout, but I’ll definitely try them in the future.

I eat kinda 4000 kcal/day, but yes I think I need more and more…

Yes, 2 years ago I really looked like Marlyn Manson :smiley: I had a very weak start.

[quote]Ace Rimmer wrote:
Dude,no offence-not bad progress,but I think you need more cals with your body type.
I’m just guessing,I don’tknow you but you look like a classic ‘hardgainer’ ectomorph.
You may like the lean look,or got it by accident due to your metabolism.I actually think you would look better even if you had more body fat,to ‘fill you out’ a bit more and probably improve your gains.
You can easily cut back later.
I think you could try adding say 500 cals a day,see how you progress,and every 6-8 weeks up your cals again by 500 a day if no additional progress.
The legs need serious attention.I hope you hit the legs as hard as your upper body.Don’t neglect them.

And please post a pic without maximum flexing so we can get a real idea of what we’re looking at here.[/quote]

He is eating 24.5kcal/lb already.

Do you have any idea how much that is?

I bet you weigh around 200 and maintain that weight on 18kcal/lb.

You don’t know what you are talking about.

And the comment about posting pics without flexing…laughable.
Easy to tell this is not a bodybuilding board.

OP you’re doing fine and you have a very good physique for your age. Your legs are not small in proportion to your upper body.

Shoving more calories down your throat isn’t going to make you more muscular faster…there IS a point of diminishing returns. At 160 lbs. and 4,000 calories a day, you’re pretty much there.

What’s going to happen is that you will gain automatically as you grow older, without having to change a thing.

It happens to every person on earth. It’s a natural law of physiology that people grow bigger as they grow older.

The only thing you could do right now to seriously increase size would be to use anabolics. Barring that, just wait a few years and keep doing what you’re doing.

Good work man, but just out of curiosity, cant you write down what you eat throu a typical day.
Messure it and post it, have you calculated that you eat 4000kcal or do you just think you do?
No offense but a loot of people say they eat a certaint amount of food but when they messure and caluclate it show differently :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

You may be right bob84… I calculated very rare my nutrients and kcal/day. When I’ve calculated it, it had resulted about 3000-3500kcal/day, but now I’m eating some more, so i guess is around 4000kcal/day, in my best days. Some days I cannot eat that much so I assume I go down to 3500 or even 3000kcal/day.

I eat 6-7 meals per day, not huge meals, but not even small. Some meals consists in sandwiches (bread, butter with chees or meat), other in chicken meat + fries or ries, other in many peanuts, other in protein shakes + dextrose (PW shake) etc.
I cannot measure right now exactly my kcals/day beacuse I don’t have an precision balance.

Nominal Prospect, you may be right, and my alimentation is good. I see that I gain quick when I try a complete different workout or training strategy. And good for me that I still have more things to try in my training, even in my supplimentation (I didn’t use yet any of creatine supplements).

As long as you are getting 3k+ consistently, you are really doing all that you can.

Remember, if you were to decide to “up it” to 4.5k in order to gain more weight, you’d have to resign yourself to eating that much permanently, not just for the duration of the bulk. If you ever went down again, the weight would come right back off.

It is highly unrealistic to expect any person who isn’t a heavyweight pro athlete to consume 4,500 kcal or more on a daily basis for years. And years is how long it’s going to take for your metabolism to slow down.

4,500 is a shitload of food even if you weigh 220 lbs., nevermind 160 lb. That is the range where you end up having to chug tablespoons of oil just to meet your requirements. You want to be doing that every single day for the next 6 years?

If you must increase your weight now, just take hormones. That’s pretty much your only viable option. You can still do a lot to refine and improve your physique without significantly increasing your weight. You can also choose to focus on strength or athletic performance for a time, if those qualities appeal to you.

Anabolics definetly not now, maybe after some 7-8 years of training, when I see I cannot progress any more natural.

Weight I put on, in this 2 years of training I got form 125lb to over 160lb. Yes, the biggest gains were at the begining, but I still get like about 5lb in a few months, just pure muscle. If I don’t train, my weight is going down or stay that way, I have exemple my brother, who is the same in the past few years. And he is a little older then me.