19 Years Old, 183 Lbs. (Big Bench)

355 pounds x7

A 19 year old guy from my gym. What do you think?

Damn

Kid’s definitely strong.

He does have some areas of improvement though. Needs to keep is ass down and I think he may be bouncing a bit. Hopefully he watches the video and realizes these things.

Looks like 275lbs. Good for him regardless.

[quote]905Patrick wrote:
Looks like 275lbs. Good for him regardless. [/quote]

I was going to say the same… looks like 2 plates and a 25 a side?

Still impressive.

Its not 275 if those are kilo plates.

if those plates are 25 kg, then thats 275 w/ just the 2 large plates. The other plate looks like 10kg, so thats 145 kg, or 319 lbs. They don’t show the plates.

I own a KG set and if anyone is interested, I can post pics of my bar loaded to 160 kg. I have 50 kg plates and only 1 pair or 25 kg, so I can’t put 2 sets together, but I can give you guys an idea.

It should be two 25kg plates, one 15 kg plate, and a 2.5kg plate + a 2.5kg collar on each side to be 160 kg (assuming bar is 20, thats 25x4+20+30+5+5 = 160)

To be honest I’m skeptical.

Outside plate = green = 10kg
Next Plate = red = 25kg

Then there’s a yellow plate… which is usually 15kg…

Plus the 20kg bar = 120kg.

So unless there’s a 20kg plate jammed between the red plate and the yellow plate I’d be prepared to call BS.

I don’t know kg plates, but if this is true it may be the thing that makes me quit powerlifting.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

Next Plate = red = 25kg

So unless there’s a 20kg plate jammed between the red plate and the yellow plate I’d be prepared to call BS.[/quote]

That yellow plate looks pretty thin. Crossfit has a lot of videos where they use thin, yellow bumper plates that are only 5kg.

That guy also had tiny legs.

Im calling shenanigans on that video. He doesnt look like his body could hold that sort of weight for 7 reps.

I agree w/ Hanely. 120 kg looks about right.

More liars…

[quote]Hanley wrote:

Next Plate = red = 25kg

So unless there’s a 20kg plate jammed between the red plate and the yellow plate I’d be prepared to call BS.[/quote]

That kid becomes practically invisible when he turns sideways.

To reiterate what someone else said, I am calling (in my best Kyle Broflovski voice) SHENANIGANS!!!

Im the kid at USAPL competitions that when i aint on the platform im nose deep into the lbs>kilo chart trying to figure out what my next attempt is…so im just gonna see how this plays out

[quote]Junior__23 wrote:
355 pounds x7

A 19 year old guy from my gym. What do you think?

[/quote]

Strong but he needs to squat more.

Those are freakin’ small legs !
Nice bench, be it 265 or 355, the technique is off by the end though. Got some work ahead !

Hey Search, whats that restaurant you like to eat at with all of the goofy shit on the walls?

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Hey Search, whats that restaurant you like to eat at with all of the goofy shit on the walls?[/quote]

Uhhhh, Cossetta?

Or perhaps C(sh)ity Wok?!?

and the mozzarella sticks? You mean shenanigans? haha easily the best part of supertroopers.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

Next Plate = red = 25kg

Ditto. plus he just does not look like a 400+ bencher

The red plate is a 25kg plate, I have those at my gym, the inside one looks to be a 25kg too.