19 Years Old. 180 Lbs. 5'8

So its my first time posting on T-Nation, but i’ve read almost everything on this site. I’m hoping I have all the info I need up but if there is anything I left out let me know and ill put it up.

My routine is the 5/3/1 and I’m on my second and a a half cycle. Its by far my favorite routine.
My current lifts are:
Military press: 125lbs
Bench: 215lbs
Squat: 345lbs
Deadlift: 395lbs

I am doing the basic 4 day split. Alternating upper and lower body days. Each day has 2 supplemental exercises. Its basically the same thing as Wendler’s so ill just stop there. on My off days ill usually do an assortment of complexes and ab work.

My diet is as follows. I change it up from time to time but the content is about the same.
Meal 1 : 6 eggs (4 whites) + sweet potato
Meal 2 : 1/4 cup of brown rice + Mixed beans + Ground Turkey or Chicken + TVP
Meal 3 : 8oz of salmon + Broccoli
Meal 4 : 1 Chicken breast + Spinach
Meal 5 : Turkey or Chicken Sandwich on whole wheat bread
Meal 6 : 1 Glass of whole milk + 2 scoops of peanut butter

I take hydrolyzed whey for my pre and post work out. At night I’ll have a scoop of glutamine.

I just want a physic rating Im not asking for routine or diet tips although I wont deny them.

Back

Legs

Front.
Btw this may or not be acceptable, let me know.

Side

You don’t eat enough. How much weight have you gained in the last 3 months?

I don’t know what kind of rating you expect. You aren’t big and you aren’t lean. You really just want to know what other guys think about your body?

Will you be willing to post a video of your squat? You also don’t look 180.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

I don’t know what kind of rating you expect. You aren’t big and you aren’t lean. You really just want to know what other guys think about your body?[/quote]

Well if the OP wanted to know about what guys thought about his body he could have just PMed me with the pics :). Anyways ya OP id tap that

Its not that I wanted to know what other guys thought about my body. If that was the case then wouldn’t everyone on here be guilty of that? I wanted to know what I needed work on physically. Problems with my back? Legs are in good shape? Those kind of things. I am 180lbs I’ve gained around 10 lbs in 3 months which isn’t as much as I wanted. You’re probably right BONEZ, im just not eating enough. And I can get a video of my squat.

[quote]Sobiec wrote:
Its not that I wanted to know what other guys thought about my body. If that was the case then wouldn’t everyone on here be guilty of that? I wanted to know what I needed work on physically. Problems with my back? Legs are in good shape? Those kind of things. I am 180lbs I’ve gained around 10 lbs in 3 months which isn’t as much as I wanted. You’re probably right BONEZ, im just not eating enough. And I can get a video of my squat. [/quote]

Sorry, I assumed your statement about only wanting a physique rating was literal. As in just a number.

Basically you need plenty of mass all over. Plenty. It’s too early to tell if you have any lagging parts. You also didnt give enough poses to see lat width or arms.

Ok, ill get another front pose with lats. I have trouble gaining weight and my big issue is that I don’t just want to eat a bunch of shit food. Any good clean foods that you would suggest for weight gain? Or should I be taking supplements to help that? I’ve been training for about a year and I haven’t really messed around with gain phases and i’ve heard different things for bulking.

[quote]Sobiec wrote:
Ok, ill get another front pose with lats. I have trouble gaining weight and my big issue is that I don’t just want to eat a bunch of shit food. Any good clean foods that you would suggest for weight gain? Or should I be taking supplements to help that? I’ve been training for about a year and I haven’t really messed around with gain phases and i’ve heard different things for bulking. [/quote]

I really don’t like the term bulking very much. Eat to gain muscle. Assess what you’re taking in, set it at a certain caloric level for a few weeks, if you aren’t making any progress, add more calories. You don’t have to eat shit food to get bigger and consequently stronger, you just need to find the right things to eat.

I’m 19 as well, take advantage of it. Unless you’re trying to get into competition shape, you can eat some things that you may not consider “clean,” but may be calorically dense. IMO, keep it clean 80-85 percent of the time, let that other 15-20 percent be less clean, but still dense food.

That depends what you consider a ‘shit food’. I consider krispy kreme donuts to be shit food but only because there’s no protein in them. If you gave me two of those with 60g of whey after a workout I’d eat it, but not every day obviously.

Certain things have absoultely no place in bodybuilding. Such as any liquid calories besides milk, candy, celery, and that’s about it. Things like burgers, pizza, chicken wings can all be included in a mass gaining diet if prepared well. Especially for someone with a decent metabolism. You shouldnt fear foods that are dense. Animal fat is not the devil. Egg yolks should never be discarded. Simple carbs (eaten at the right times) have their place.

You want to eat enough of the right foods to help YOU gain weight. I can eat whatever I want and not lose my abs. It is what it is. I dont recommend that to everyone. But no one needs to eat chicken breasts and brown rice every meal of the day. If you notice you are gaining too much fat, just eat a little bit cleaner a few times a week. Yoyo-ing wont get you anywhere though. You need to be in a caloric surplus ALL THE TIME to gain weight.

Ok, so what im gathering from you guys is my diet is TOO clean. In all honesty I wasn’t paying close enough attention to my caloric intake. Ill take your guys’ advice and restructure my diet. It’s not that im afraid of red meat its just too damn expensive.

I also have an easier time digesting non red meat. I will eat a steak 2-3 times a week tho. As far as “gaining too much fat” my routine isn’t really guided towards losing fat so this will probably occur. Any suggestions on off day conditioning or should I just rest for my lifts? I will usually just do a series of light complexes on my off days.

If you have the money to buy salmon, you can definitely afford some beef.

Ground Chuck by me is 2.49 a lb, while salmon is 6.99 a lb…

[quote]Sobiec wrote:
Ok, so what im gathering from you guys is my diet is TOO clean. [/quote]
That’s not how I read the advice given. I think I read that you need to take in more calories during the day, not that the foods you were eating are terrible.

[quote]Sobiec wrote:… It’s not that im afraid of red meat its just too damn expensive.
[/quote]Do you have bulk stores near you like Costco, BJs, Sam’s Club? If so, you can buy things like ground beef, steak in bulk. You will spend more $ at one time, but the food lasts longer which can mean less frequent trips to the grocery store.

[quote]Sobiec wrote:
Any suggestions on off day conditioning or should I just rest for my lifts? I will usually just do a series of light complexes on my off days.[/quote]

As for your off days if you read the 5/3/1 e-book Wendler suggests using the prowler, doing sprints, things of that sort. Find a hill near you and run that for a while. That is what I have been doing on my off days of 5/3/1 and I like the hills its not as monotonous as jogging or something of that sort.

You weigh 180 pounds? I am about an inch taller than you and I weigh about 15 pounds or more less and I think we are pretty close as far as size. Though your deadlift is beyond mine so maybe it is all in your legs.

Have you gained a decent amount of weight or improved your weights in the past few months?