19 Years Old, 154lb

What is it with these kids that are beginners in weight training posting pics in this forum?!? This isn’t freakin MySpace. If I could give you a negative 2 I would.

you should probably start off on 5/3/1, get a solid strength base, and then lunge into a BB split. And the fact that you do an insane amount of chest work with nearly no back work is making me cry.

[quote]overburn69 wrote:
Here its the program, I tend to leave legs for the weekend besides that I do not really assign an specific day for any of those.
biceps + chest

flat bench
super incline
incline(the one your feet are higher than your head)
incline(dumbells)
chest fly
pushups(as many as possible)
bar bicep curl(bench bar)
hammer curl(rope atachment)
isolation curl

shoulders + triceps

shoulders press
side shoulder rises
upright rows(curl bar)
reverse fly
machine tricep dip
triangle press down
rope press down

Legs

leg press
walking wages
stiff leg deadlifts
leg extensions
leg curls
seated culf raises
standing culf raises

then for cardio days I do 15 minute walking incline, after 3 sprints (i walk arround two minutes between them) and at the end stairs master.

I also just readed the rules UB07 and I understand the complains, I am sorry, when I have a change i will upload pictures that follow the rules.thanks[/quote]

lets see. you have a chest and bis and some shoulders and some tris and some legs…someone call ripleys. this man has no back!

Read it, like 5 times. Then read the discussion board for it, to clear any questions up.

Hopefully that makes sense to you.

Come back with any problems, but stick to the Beginner forum, where this should be.

Good job on getting started, keep it up and you’ll do fine. As long as you can take the shitstorm from posting stuff here.

[quote]overburn69 wrote:
[/quote]

I believe thats called a decline

[quote]actionboy wrote:

[quote]overburn69 wrote:
Here its the program, I tend to leave legs for the weekend besides that I do not really assign an specific day for any of those.
biceps + chest

flat bench
super incline
incline(dumbells)
chest fly
isolation curl

shoulders + triceps

shoulders press
side shoulder rises
upright rows(curl bar)
reverse fly
machine tricep dip
triangle press down
rope press down

Legs

leg press
walking wages
stiff leg deadlifts
leg extensions
leg curls
seated culf raises
standing culf raises

then for cardio days I do 15 minute walking incline, after 3 sprints (i walk arround two minutes between them) and at the end stairs master.

I also just readed the rules UB07 and I understand the complains, I am sorry, when I have a change i will upload pictures that follow the rules.thanks[/quote]

lets see. you have a chest and bis and some shoulders and some tris and some legs…someone call ripleys. this man has no back![/quote]

If i was you I would do a full body routine only three times a week. Eat a hell of a lot more and build a solid foundation of muscle with compounds in the full body program. There is no point doing 6 chest exercises when you don’t have a chest to begin with. Less volume more frequency. You aren’t experienced enough to damage your muscle that much that you need a week to recover from each muscle workout and because you are only 154lbs you are burning calories on exercises that aren’t going to do much for you like pec flies.

don’t worry about carbs after 8pm eat them all the time, increase your calories and eat a few less meals per day so that your metabolism doesn’t remain so high. maybe 4-5 larger meals as opposed to 8 “meals”. some of the meals you have mentioned are more like small snacks. if you only train three times per week doing compounds you aren’t burning that many calories on useless exercises. oh yeah stop doing cardio too, just concentrate on your diet and eating clean.

[quote]Eric 2.0 wrote:

[quote]overburn69 wrote:
[/quote]

I believe thats called a decline[/quote]

LMAO

Look for :

1. Training

You have 2 choices, either go for something to get the basics (Starting Strenght, 5/3/1) or go for something like Thibaudeau serie “How to design a damn good program” to kind of learn the basics and adjust your program accordingly (i would personally start with the 2nd option for a bit)

1. Nutrition

Look for Berardi’s "Massive eating serie (part1, part2, part 1 reloaded, part 2 reloaded). Read it, and APPLY it.

[quote]Eric 2.0 wrote:

[quote]overburn69 wrote:
[/quote]

I believe thats called a decline[/quote]

LOL

Pick a solid program, (531, Starting Strength, Westside,etc…) train like crazy, and eat like crazy then come back in a year and ask some questions. This stuff takes time.

you are 154 now, by the end of this year you could easily be 175.

[quote]overburn69 wrote:
biceps + chest

flat bench
super incline
incline(dumbells)
chest fly
isolation curl

shoulders + triceps

shoulders press
side shoulder rises
upright rows(curl bar)
reverse fly
machine tricep dip
triangle press down
rope press down

Legs

leg press
walking wages
stiff leg deadlifts
leg extensions
leg curls
seated culf raises
standing culf raises

Fire that fucking “trainer”, I’ll bet he’s skinny as you are or fat isn’t he? Anyway, You need to SQUAT!!! And deadlift, and do some rows.

My program looks a little something like this.

Mon- Squat, overhead squat, and zercher then leg ext.
Tues- Incline bench and overhead lifts
Wed- Forklift (that means eat a fucking bunch) and rest
Thur- Deadlift, heavy rows, and chins
Fri- Bis and Tris(dips and close grip decline)

I’ve been using this program for 4-5 years, 10-12 weeks on it, then a rest week followed by 2-3 weeks of something different to change it up. Been putting on mass and making solid gains the whole time. Obviously I change the lifts around every once in a while for the 10 week cycle, but this is BASICALLY it. Notice anything? They’re mostly compound lifts, thank God i joined a legit hardcore gym when I was 15.

Sadly I looked like you about 3 months ago same weight. I’ll tell you what has worked to put 25 pounds on my frame in the past two months.

1. Training , not working out, training
  2. Lifting heavier shit eachtime I go to thegym
  3. Cheeseburgers, steak, roast beef , chicken sandwiches only eat these in pairs
  4. Milk
  5. Oats
  6. Olive oil

like its been said before, that trainer is a moron, please do yourself a favour and read all the articles on dan john’s website(i’m not being sarcastic or a smartass). Build a solid base strength before you start worrying about how big your arms are etc. You need to do a lot more pulling, pull ups (if you can’t do 20 strict pull ups there is no need for curls yet), deadlifts, and then add some squats. As suggested before 5/3/1 for a start should do you a world of good

[quote]overburn69 wrote:
biceps + chest

flat bench
super incline
incline(dumbells)
chest fly
isolation curl

[b]Drop the flat bench, drop the super incline whatever (prob more shoulder then anything) the fuck that is, drop the pushups…do your incline (go moderately heavy ramp up to 6-10 reps,lowest incline)work or do db low inclines (i’d go higher reps 10-15) followed by decline work (the one where your feet are higher then your head) or you could do a machine chest press (e.g. hammer strength machine)

do any forearm work after you curls. you should consider doing tris on your chest day also[/b]

shoulders + triceps

shoulders press
side shoulder rises
upright rows(curl bar)
reverse fly
machine tricep dip
triangle press down
rope press down

[b]upright rows?..scrap that. side shoulder raise? you mean lateral raises? Again move tris to chest day…do shoulders/back together

Pick 1-2 back width exercises…lat pulldowns, machine pulldowns, rack chins, hammer chins/regular chinups/pullups

Ramp up to 1-2 sets hitting 8-15 reps and failure

Pick 1-2 rowing movements (t-bar rows, yates rows, barbell rows, rack deadlifts, seated cable rows) ramp/warm up to one real heavy sett 6-10 reps, then another 12-15 reps on the same exercise or another one (e.g. heavy rack deadlifts hitting 7 reps and failure, rest, seated cable rows 1-2 sets 12-15 reps hitting failure).

As for tris scrap one of those pressing movements…alternate between machine dips (if they work for you, what are they hammer strength machine dips?) and say close grip bench press off pins, or in smith machine or look up reverse grip bench presses also. Yet I think close grip bench presses/reverse grip are greater then dips over the long haul. As far as strength progression and effectiveness. Yet we’re all different so…
[/b]

Legs

leg press
walking wages
stiff leg deadlifts
leg extensions
leg curls
seated culf raises
standing culf raises

[b]walking lunges? Scrap those, replace them with heavy front squats or machine hack squats or something ramp/warmup to 1 all out set 6-12 reps. Do them before leg press work. Then after hobble over to the leg press machine or hack squat machine load up a decent weight and go for 15-20 reps hitting utter failure.

You could do the 1-2 sets of leg extensions before squats just to warm up the quads and actually “feel” them working when squatting.

Meh I alternate workout to workout between stiff legged deadlifts and machine leg curls. Yet that’s cause I’ll do rack deadlifts from time to time and my lower back takes a beating if I try doing two deadlift variations a week. [/b]

Take a quick shake/small meal then
Try doing any cardio in the morning to help rev up your appetite to eat some more throughout the day.

through trial and error you’ll find what exercises and rep ranges work for YOU. Eat a good majority of protein spread out everyday. Have a good amount of carbs (fruit oatmeal,) breakfast/lunch(rice/potatoes) and especially around workouts. Eat your good fats in the evening/veggies or for a quick snack or what not. (light tasting olive oil, peanut butter, raw almonds)

Some protein shakes could help you out tremendously… Liquid cals are great way to add them much needed cals. Some pizza or hamburgers (minus ketchup/mayo) here or there wont hurt you either. Everything in moderation.

[quote]optheta wrote:
Hey bro when lieing about your lifts make sure you do it properly! I have never seen anybodies INCLINE bench higher then there regular bench. [/quote]

I remember a German guy who trained at the same gym as me and he could Incline more than flat - a lot more - i found it really weird too lol.

Fire the trainer, spend that money on shakes. Learn how to squat/deadlift properly. Buy a foam roller (PVC pipe) and USE it (Eric Crease’s Magnificent Mobility is a good start). Don’t worry about the number on the bar, make sure you have solid fundamentals so you can keep going for years to come. All of the best physiques are from CONSISTENCY, so set your self up to succeed. Get a training partner, hopefully someone bigger/more experienced than you that can help guide you. Eat more.

consistency, i agree with JRoyale, do what he says… or else you will look like the same 5yrs from now.

just do ws4sb and never look back… every time i cycle through this program i make huge gains

[quote]Ryu wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:
Hey bro when lieing about your lifts make sure you do it properly! I have never seen anybodies INCLINE bench higher then there regular bench. [/quote]

I remember a German guy who trained at the same gym as me and he could Incline more than flat - a lot more - i found it really weird too lol.
[/quote]

My incline lifts are a little stronger than my flat and my training partner lifts a LOT more on incline then flat…

[quote]optheta wrote:

thats the first thing that struck me…somethign is wrong if this is the case