19 Years in the Senate?

Suppose you are an employer with an important job to fill. In fact, the future of your company depends on it. Here are 2 candidates, John and George.

John gives his presentation. He talks about what a magnificent college he went to many years ago. He’s got umpteen classmates who’ll tell you what a great guy he is. He then blathers on about what he can do for you. He talks less than one minute about his previous job of 19 years.

George gives his presentation. He states the facts, warts and all, and apologizes for nothing. He puts HIS record on the table. He went to a small college in Alabama and ‘damned if I can find part of my transcripts from 40 years ago’. He partied, played around, but has been large and in charge for the past 4 years.

You, being highly intelligient, think, “Who gives a rat’s ass about transcripts from 40 years ago? Plus, why is the John guy so quiet about his previous job of 19 years. Fuck it!”

“George, you’re hired!!”

Peartmath
Have you suffered any traumatic head injurys recently? OR, are you trying to be funny?

good post peartmath…short…sweet…and hard to beat…

I’m still voting for John"tvevangelisthair"Kerry…

wait…I must have suffered a head injury. maybe elk…he being a medical expert…can help me out…

Just stating the facts, Elk. Is what the guy did for 19 years important? Would you hire someone who talked to you for an hour but spent seconds talking about his 19 years of previous experience? When we vote, we are actually making a hiring decision. I think the analogy is appropriate.

Also, if someone does get a chuckle from what I write, what’s wrong with that? I think someone who can’t laugh at themselves once in a while is the one with the ‘head injuries’.

ptrdr-

I have read the comments you make about Kerry’s daughters and wife or Edward’s wife. You seem like a very small narcissistic person. When I think of you being a military officer the word unbecoming, comes to mind.

Peartmath-

Your little fantasy examples you like to post are very juvenile and don’t help your side. You seem to have the reasoning skills of Archie Bunker.

oh lighten up Elk…I made those silly comments about Kerry’s daughters in jest…just to show how subjective and really silly all of this stuff really is…

Ptdr-

Then please disregard what I said about you.

Peace

Elk…there can be peace…even in disagreement…
take care bro!

Just to fill you in - they went to the same college. Yale. And if Bush described all his failed businesses and shady practices, I doubt he would get your hypothetical job.

Hey Elk and DrS:

Got to keep the message simple, otherwise some people don’t get it. Like DrS – he thinks I’m actually talking about colleges, not Kerry’s Navy experience versus Bush’s Nat’l Guard. Guess it wasn’t simple enough. DrS: It is an analogy (look up the word as needed.) And Elk, simple arguments are hard to argue against. That’s why I try to boil things down. If you read some of the long posts on here, then you’d have to be a college prof to read 'em. (BTW: Elk, make a Modus Ponens out of the if-then I just wrote. And you say I’M Archie Bunker…)

Let me see if I have this straight - As an analogy for the war in Vietnam, you chose college? When one is an absconder, one a war hero, and they both actually went to the same college? Good choice.

Bush hasn’t discussed his record as president - he’s tried to rationalize, justify and “sell” a war he had no business starting, while neglecting to mention his victories for large corporations and against the working class and the environment. Why couldn’t you republicans have picked McCain in 2000?

peartmath
Simple minds are not worth arguing against. Have a nice day!

[quote]DrS wrote:
Let me see if I have this straight - As an analogy for the war in Vietnam, you chose college? When one is an absconder, one a war hero, and they both actually went to the same college? Good choice.

Bush hasn’t discussed his record as president - he’s tried to rationalize, justify and “sell” a war he had no business starting, while neglecting to mention his victories for large corporations and against the working class and the environment. Why couldn’t you republicans have picked McCain in 2000? [/quote]

Your rambling make absolutely no sense.

Your accusations against Bush are nothing more than emotional ranting. This isn’t a woman’s club, guy. Either bring it with some proof, or lay it out logically, or leave it on your side of the computer.

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
peartmath
Simple minds are not worth arguing against. Have a nice day![/quote]

Are you referring to me, Elk?

No, I wasn’t. Should I be?

It’s just been a while since you laid into me, I thought the old Elk was makin another run.

Elk, do you ever answer simple questions? Instead, you just sling the mud – simple minds, Archie Bumker crap. Would you or would you not hire someone who won’t talk about his 19 years previous experience?

Did you ever figure out what a valid argument form is and what ‘modus ponens’ means? Instead, it’s ‘have a nice day’ and ‘you’re not worth arguing with’.

Yeah, you have a nice day too. You and Michael Moore.