19 Year Old Strength Athlete

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
To therizza, I had a defect where my knee was permemnantly dislocated and it did dislocate 25+ times throughout high school playing football. Long story short, they had to reposition the knee cap and break my tibia. I have no cartalige and am just now returning to doing serious leg training (within the past 6 months).[/quote]

Now that’s a trooper…good on ya!

Haha thanks fuzzapple, ya my knee has been a problem Due to surgery for the past year and a half and my leg training really suffered. I now am really getting back into it, and hopefuly will be problem free for a long time!

your back is ridiculous, which lift would you attribute its growth to?

Standard Donkey
Thank you for your compliment.
I have always done a lot of deadlifts and heavy pullups. My training has always revolved more around how much I can pull (deadlift, pullup etc) than how much I can bench press.

That’s what I attribute to building my back. Essentially, focusing on heavy, compound exercises and building up the muscle groups that really help shoot those up have had positive effects on my back too.

Solid as a motherfucker dude. Shit. Lean, built, strong. Congrats man, you used those 4 years well. I hope I can pull something off when I hit the 4 year mark (in 2 more years).

How heavy do you see yourself getting? I bet you’d look like a fuckin boss at 230 at the same bf. You should post here more often.

No real obvious weaknesses. Maybe hammer those triceps a bit harder?

looking jacked and ripped, nice work, have a nice day =)

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
Solid as a motherfucker dude. Shit. Lean, built, strong. Congrats man, you used those 4 years well. I hope I can pull something off when I hit the 4 year mark (in 2 more years).

How heavy do you see yourself getting? I bet you’d look like a fuckin boss at 230 at the same bf. You should post here more often.

No real obvious weaknesses. Maybe hammer those triceps a bit harder? [/quote]

Thank you, I haven’t ever really thought of getting up to 230 pounds. That would be massive hah. I guess my goal isn’t really to gain weight but rather to get stronger without losing relative strength…I have been upping the calories currently, and am trying to gain maybe 5 pounds, but I think it will be a few years before I hit a lean 225-230…thanks for the motivation tho : )

yusef,
I usually do not do a ton of direct arm work, but want to start doing more because contrary to my training philosophy, I kindda want bigger arms. Up until now they have grown without doing a ton of direct Isolation work, but I need to start adding more.

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
bugeishaAD wrote:

Thank you, I haven’t ever really thought of getting up to 230 pounds. That would be massive hah. I guess my goal isn’t really to gain weight but rather to get stronger without losing relative strength…I have been upping the calories currently, and am trying to gain maybe 5 pounds, but I think it will be a few years before I hit a lean 225-230…thanks for the motivation tho : )
[/quote]

yeah you would look pretty killer coming into a shower around 230

Haha! that’s a great reference

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
ebomb5522 wrote:
bugeishaAD wrote:

yeah you would look pretty killer coming into a shower around 230[/quote]

hahaha fuck you

Here’s one more of the front with a better camera…and after a heavy upper body day : )

No bullshit on this RMP. You sure have the attitude and the passion. Gave you a nine.

Facebook me bro, it’s gonna be awsome!..

Just kidding, what program are you on? What programs have you done? What type of training do you feel has benefited you most?

dude your fucking BUILT for your age. I’m only 17 and been working out for half a year. I seriously hope i’ll look like that 4 years into it (Damn I wish I started lifting earlier.) Motivation bro, thanks. :slight_smile:

everything look goods,but you could be a more ripped in the legs.

[quote]Evil Dude625 wrote:
everything look goods,but you could be a more ripped in the legs. [/quote]

My legs right now are my weakest point. I am just beginning to get stronger and bigger in my lower body after having three knee surgeries in the past year and a half. That is the area that I try to hit the hardest when I do it.

[quote]Asoss wrote:
Facebook me bro, it’s gonna be awsome!..

Just kidding, what program are you on? What programs have you done? What type of training do you feel has benefited you most?[/quote]

I always trained to be a better football player. Therefore, the lifts that I did were squats, cleans, presses and deadlifts. WS4SB has been the template that I have used the most frequently. I did a month and a half stint on CT’s Canadian Bear Density Workout and I really liked that. But, I credit most of my gains to WS4SB and variations of that program.

Currently, I train on a WS4SB template, but incorporate my own twists on certain days. I do sort of a strongman type workout on the dynamic lower body day. Instead of doing a dynamic exercise I do a strongman exercise for time. Everything else is pretty much the same. I really like this template and have always seen pretty consistent gains while on it.

I hate you and your deadlift man. lol
Do you pull sumo or conv.?
Do any PL meets or just strictly train at home/gym?
Wear a belt for max lifts or no?

[quote]rasturai wrote:
I hate you and your deadlift man. lol
Do you pull sumo or conv.?
Do any PL meets or just strictly train at home/gym?
Wear a belt for max lifts or no?[/quote]

Haha,
I pull conventional 90 % of the time. Sometimes I’ll pull sumo, but only occasionally.
I have not done any PL meets yet, but plan on doing some in the future. I currently train at home, but sometimes train at a gym.
I do wear a belt for max lifts when I’m deadlifting, but not always when I’m squatting.