19 Year Old Powerlifter

Your numbers aren’t terrible, and they’re not great. As Ben suggested, your numbers aren’t remotely internationally competitive. There are literally thousands of men in the US who can put up those same numbers at the same bodyweight. A wrapped total of 1300 in the 198 class is VERY average. For comparison, I did a meet in the 181 class (a weight class below what you would be in), and hit a 1480 total, UNWRAPPED. And that just put me in the top 40 lifters in my weight class. If you added 200 lbs to your total, without gaining any bodyweight, you’d be better, but still not that great.

My point in all of this is that steroids will not do enough for you to be competitive internationally, if you’re at your natural ceiling. Just something to consider. A test E cycle at around 500mg per week is an ideal first cycle if you end up going this route, but just be aware of what you should expect to get out of it, and how that relates to your goals. If you think being a good but not great lifter is worth using steroids to achieve, go for it. If not, reconsider.

1 Like

Well mate those are some goood numbers but i forgot to say that im turning 19 yo in 2 days, I dont know how old are you but im still in Category Teen 3.
Do you recommend running a test e cycle for 6 weeks in october if i planned to participate? maybe with some dbol first 3 weeks?

Doesn’t matter. Nobody gives a shit about ‘Category teen’. You won’t care in 5 years. All that matters is your lifting numbers and your bodyweight. Trust me man. You’ll learn this eventually.

And no I do not recommend a 6 week test e cycle. A test e cycle should be at least 10 weeks in my opinion to be effective and worthwhile. Where did you get the idea of 6 weeks?

1 Like

Because im 19…
I have no problem if injecting all year round lol.
Jk, im moving to Munich in June and ill start the cycle in septmeber, if you can please send me a complete cycle with the pct it would be great, if not i can search every forum i know.
Thanks agan

what does your age have to do with the length of the cycle? The drugs will take the same amount of time to be effective whether you’re 19 or you’re 80.

Here’s why I think a slightly longer cycle makes a big difference: You will get NOTHING out of the first 2 weeks of your cycle. It takes time for test E to build up in your system to an effective level. It could even take 3 weeks before you really start reacting to it. That leaves 3 more weeks of workouts to get the most out of your cycle. Then you’ve gotta follow that up with 4 or more weeks of PCT/recovery. Then you won’t run another cycle for at least 6 weeks after that. A 6 week long cycle is not sufficient to produce gains that will last through that period of time. By the time you reach your second cycle, you’ll be back where you started.

There are PLENTY of examples to read on this site that detail how to run a beginner cycle of test E. Just read a few threads and you’ll understand what to do. The only thing i have to add is RUN AN AI THE ENTIRE CYCLE. Don’t just have it on hand.

I will man thanks alot!

Dude. I built a 355 bench, 685 dl, and 640 sq raw only belt… with LOW testosterone. I’m 5’7 195 . You have a long way to go

At 19 you need to seriously reconsider your long-term strength development if you intent to compete for awhile.

Dave Tate says never play your ace card (steroids) until you have exhausted your genetic potential

Nobody can talk you out of cycling but you still have a lot of strength you need to develop naturally first.

I guess i have low Testosterone too…
Im cutting fat now i will get back to 180-185lbs then lean bulk till 200lbs again , thats where im thinking of hitting the cycle!
My bench always seem to be stuck.

Judging from this and the other posts you’ve created since joining T-Nation, I’m just gonna call you out on it. You’re full of shit. Do whatever the hell you want, all the previous advices given to you have fallen on deaf ears anyways, I doubt this’ll be any different.

Call me what you want, I’ve been training hard for the last 2 years and dieting hard, and seeing a really slow progress that some of the people here suggested to use pct therapy as the cycle to boost my test levels and i didn’t i prefer to ask as much as i can and not do something foolish, if thats what you say, i think you should focus on other posts and not to waste your time on some one thats “You’re full of shit”.

If you suspect you have low T, go see a doctor.

Even if you use drugs, you will plateau at a slightly higher level. What are you going to do? Keep increasing dosages? You would be better served building a foundation of experience and knowledge so you know how to get past plateaus and continuously progress before starting to use.

This was posted exactly 24 days ago.

This was part of your post.

This was the first comment which also happens to have 4 upvotes(including mine) given to it. Even till now, it seems to me that you’ve totally ignored the advice and you’ve decided to go the “additional supplementation” route in the hopes of getting more results.

In all honesty, if money ain’t an issue for you, hire a coach. A in real life coach if possible, not an off the internet coach. He’ll advice you on EVERYTHING.

Now, do I seem like a dick? Possibly. Am I in any ways qualified to say this to you? Nope but there’s the beautiful thing about the internet isn’t it? Anyone can say whatever the hell they want. If you are really as serious as you claim to be and money isn’t an issue, I see no reason why you shouldn’t hire a coach.

3 Likes

helluva post there Ben

Well, what can I say, I’m learning from the best. You and @flipcollar throwing out the blunt unfiltered truth left and right and I’ve certainly been taking notes.

2 Likes

I like how people these days hit a spot of slow progression and suddenly “oh I must have low T” if this is your first train of thought OP then it is low T in the form of a vagina

2 Likes

If this is true, that makes you a world class lifter. You’re an anomaly. Even on steroids, these would be PHENOMENAL numbers at that bodyweight. I’m assuming those numbers are from a meet? I’m looking for you on powerlifting watch and can’t find anyone with exactly these numbers. What class did you do this in, and what federation?

I generally don’t approve of sexist comments… but I lol’ed at this one. Phrasing is top notch.

Unfortunately these numbers arent from competition but from a day of practice with competition style lifts leading up to my first meet in 2014. I ended up rupturing disks in my lower back with overuse of rackpulls and never had the opportunity to get onto a platform since.

My intent was to be very competitive within the opa. Ontario powerlifting association. Those days are long gone. Even at 29 I still have back pain preventing heavy hinge movements.

1 Like

To be fair this is a nice one lol.

Well listen mate, the reason i thought of this was not because im facing a slow progression the reason is : I’ve always heard that Test boosters dont do shit for someone who is younger than 25, but the thing is that whenever i used a test booster my lifts and agression was out of this world, maybe im wrong but i really feel that test boosters did wonders, maybe its a physicologial thing…
The best combo ive ever used was Animal Test+ Stak for 42 days ( 2 cycles ).
I better do some blood tests to be sure, for now i will just bust my ass up in the gym and see how things going, its not the end of the world if i didn’t participate this year, im still young, By the way im currently 192lbs and looking to drop down a few more pounds because i was kind of fat at 200lbs and i guess that fat would do nothing with strength so im planning to lean bulk till i get 200lbs “lean” for a powerlifter.
what program do you recommend should i run when im on a 500 cal defict to atleast maintain my strength, increasing would be awesome, 4 or 5 days preferred, i dont like to train 3 days only.
Again nice joke mate.
Thanks in advance.