19 Too Young?

I’ve been researching AAS for about 2 years now and I’ve gathered a lot of contradicting information. Most of which is age on when to start, I know a lot of people say wait til 25 but is this because of letting your endocrine system settle or reaching your natural limit before adding in the last piece of the puzzle (AAS)?

I’m currently 19 but I’m weighing in at 238lbs at 6’1 with 10-11%
BF. My lifts are
bench: 405
squat:445
dealift:505
shoulder press:255

Any suggestions or advice regarding always appreciated.

IMHO - you may be physically ready for AAS. However, I can remember how I was when I was 19. I thought I knew everything and I thought I had my whole life panned out. Mostly because I thought I was ‘king of the world.’ Not saying you’ll make better or worse decisions in life than I did or anything just something to think about. With age comes wisdom. I always wanted to do roids when I was in high school. I’m glad I waited (did my first orals at 22) and now my first real cycle at 25.

Decision is up to you ultimately but just try to think about how mature you were when you were 14. In the next 6 years you’ll be 25, and you’ll say “wow I was a fucking retard at 19.”

What squige said.

Got a vid of the bench?

like squige said, you may be physically ready (assuming you never want to come off…each cycle reduces your hpta’s ability to recover), but you may not have the maturity quite yet.

im 24, I started at 20… but looking back, I wish I had started as soon as I stopped getting taller, which was around 17.

Personally, If I was in your shoes I would probably just do it. Before you do though just make sure that you think about why you are doing it, and if it is worth taking the potential risks that come along with using gear. Are you considering competing one day? Or is it more for just looking good? It sounds like you have great genetics. You’re obviously doing something right. Why run the risk of messing that up?

If your ultimate goal though is to compete, and try to make a living out of bodybuilding, it sounds like you are physically ready. But mentally is a different story. Just make sure its what you want, and if the possibility to be on for life is worth it. Great gains though man thats awesome. Whats your diet and training like?

[quote]CougarPride wrote:
Personally, If I was in your shoes I would probably just do it. Before you do though just make sure that you think about why you are doing it, and if it is worth taking the potential risks that come along with using gear. Are you considering competing one day? Or is it more for just looking good? It sounds like you have great genetics. You’re obviously doing something right. Why run the risk of messing that up?

If your ultimate goal though is to compete, and try to make a living out of bodybuilding, it sounds like you are physically ready. But mentally is a different story. Just make sure its what you want, and if the possibility to be on for life is worth it. Great gains though man thats awesome. Whats your diet and training like?[/quote]

how exactly is he “running the risk of messing his genetics up”?

What I meant by that is why shut down his system when it seems to be working great already

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
What squige said.

Got a vid of the bench?[/quote]

And some pics. I’ve personally never seen a 230+ 19 year old that lean. Not saying it’s not true (it would be awesome actually) just want to see it.

I actually am starting prep for my first competition here in July. My main goal throughall of this is to gain IFBB pro status. I am not ignorant to the fact that bodybuilders do and have to take steroids and other hormones to achieve their size. I believe for my age I have good stats but was just looking for outside opinions because bodybuilding for a career is my main goal.

I will post some pics up tonight (my friend has them on his camera since I don’t like taking mirror pictures. I will get a bench video up ASAP haha.

Here’s one picture sorry for the black and white

[quote]CougarPride wrote:

If your ultimate goal though is to compete, and try to make a living out of bodybuilding, it sounds like you are physically ready. But mentally is a different story. Just make sure its what you want, and if the possibility to be on for life is worth it. Great gains though man thats awesome. Whats your diet and training like?[/quote]

Also, my diet usually consists of 3,500 calories maintaining. I eat mostly just meats(a lot of steak and fish) with standard vegetables and mostly clean but I don’t stress myself if I have a bad meal. I train with a 6 day split on all the muscle groups and I usually will train a muscle group that’s lagging twice a week (6th day being a wild card day)

Great physique man. You look great

I’m 30 and don’t think I’m at my “genetic limit.” I started lifting weights seriously at 23. Started powerlifting about 3-4 years ago. I’m stronger now than I’ve ever been. So the genetic limit by 25 is a load of crap.

I think when advising most aas users 25 is a “good” age to start aas if you’re just the average gym rat. For me I wanted to wait until after I was done have kids (which I am now) because that was more important to me. Now I’m looking at trt as soon as possible.

All that being said. If at 19 you think you want to be a IFBB pro then I’d say it really up to you. You’ve already got some good stats. The question is when do you want to play your tump card? If you can win small shows without steroids I’d do that. Keep entering contests and if you keep winning stay off the juice. As soon as you can’t win naturally start a cycle.

This will make me sound like a little kid, or a homo buy fuck it. You body is fucking amazing. Natural at 19? Jesus Christ. Wish I had those genetics. … good on yea

Thanks guys! I’ve put a lot of effort into the physique I have. and Thehooliganmel that’s what I’m doing with the next two competitions I’m about to do. I wanted to stay natty for the show I’m to really get a feel on how my body reacts to dieting down without any help from anabolics.

I have put into serious thought though that bodybuilding and being successful is harder as you get older (unless you’re Ronnie Coleman) but yeah, thanks for all your inputs guys! I really have to decide and will probably give it more time before acting out on anything.

picture is heavily filtered in god-tier lighting + black and white…

anyways, OP… ill kick you the real deal… making a living from bodybuilding is really…really hard… it’s generally a very unrewarding life unless you are at the very top… unless you are the absolute genetic elite (which you will know whether you are or not very quickly after you start cycling), you will not make it.

professional bodybuilding is essentially chemical warfare… and the side effects that come with that chemical warfare are very serious…

here is a post from a professional bodybuilder who used to compete -

"This is the truth:

If your diet, training, health and rest are completely up to scratch, the more steroids you take, the bigger you will get. It’s as simple as that.

Pros have got their diet, training (health for the most part) and rest up to a standard that works for them perfectly, but they are only the size they are due to the drugs they take. Don’t beleive the crap from anyone, that they are not, even from the ‘in the know’ people that are on this board. Those very same people for the most part have used/use extremely higher dosages than what they preach. Why do they preach the low dosages? - various personal agendas.

Reality is that as a rule, 1g per week of test non stop year round is the ‘off’ time for the pros. Gear is added as it’s obtained - no real detailed cycles as such. As long as they take the high dosages of gear, they’ll grow (as long as the diet, training, health and sleep is up to scratch as mentioned previously).

Several grams of test per week, several grams of anabolics per week, up to 2g/week of tren, a shit load of orals, insulin several times a day year round, GH as much as can be afforded - 15 to 30IU/day, etc.

BUT, pros have the genetics to have their bodies accept the gear, and generally not get sick on it.

And ancilliary use is huge - liver aids to the max, anti-e’s, dht blockers, cardio supps, cholesterol supps, etc.

Still, most of them are complete wrecks. They can’t control bodily functions,
they pass out from walking a flight of stairs, they get drenched in sweat from tying their shoelaces. Gyno, baldness, dry skin, gout, excess bodily hair, acne, etc are ALL existant in virtually all of them.

It is not a healthy sport, drug use is ENORMOUS, but to ignore it and to preach otherwise is pathetic and not what this site is about.

BTW, (his company’s) books have on them who’s who of current pros ordering site-enhancement oil constantly. They ALL use it extensively. It is pathetic though, when one orders a bottle and their credit card gets declined due to not enough funds. You think a 30+ yo would have his life in order more than that.

Anyway, I’m sick of seeing the bullshit that has been promoted on this site the last few years. This site was originally set up as an uncensored place where you can find the truth about advanced performance enhancing, regardless of consequences. It’s getting back to that. "

[quote]D-White wrote:
Here’s one picture sorry for the black and white [/quote]

Motherfucking Clark Kent wants to do steroids, everybody…

25 is the age generally recommended not because of any arbitrary limit on genetic potential, but because you’re still developing.

25 is actually kind of a magic number in the neuroscience field as well, which is when the frontal cortex is considered fully developed. This is the part of the brain that deals with consequence and decision-making.

Whatever you decide, good luck. You look like you’re gonna go far.

You look damn good so far and your numbers impressive! Give yourself more time as you seem to be gaining just fine as is.

To Mr. Walkaway as I said I’m sorry about the photo itself for I know it’s heavily filtered and am working on getting the orignal so I can post it up here without the filtering. You do make a good point with that quote though, unfortunately it is a drug rampant sport. As for Juggs and MytchBucanan, I think I’m going to give myself more time… for I still do have quite a lot of time considering my age. I really appreciate all the input on the subject and constructive criticisms from those who oppose.

And what about competing natural, in the meanwhile at least? You seem to have what it takes and by competing natural you can give yourself the opportunity to experience the bodybuilding scene and lifestyle and time to think if bodybuilding really is what you want to do for a living, all without compromising your health.

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
picture is heavily filtered in god-tier lighting + black and white…

anyways, OP… ill kick you the real deal… making a living from bodybuilding is really…really hard… it’s generally a very unrewarding life unless you are at the very top… unless you are the absolute genetic elite (which you will know whether you are or not very quickly after you start cycling), you will not make it.

professional bodybuilding is essentially chemical warfare… and the side effects that come with that chemical warfare are very serious…

here is a post from a professional bodybuilder who used to compete -

"This is the truth:

If your diet, training, health and rest are completely up to scratch, the more steroids you take, the bigger you will get. It’s as simple as that.

Pros have got their diet, training (health for the most part) and rest up to a standard that works for them perfectly, but they are only the size they are due to the drugs they take. Don’t beleive the crap from anyone, that they are not, even from the ‘in the know’ people that are on this board. Those very same people for the most part have used/use extremely higher dosages than what they preach. Why do they preach the low dosages? - various personal agendas.

Reality is that as a rule, 1g per week of test non stop year round is the ‘off’ time for the pros. Gear is added as it’s obtained - no real detailed cycles as such. As long as they take the high dosages of gear, they’ll grow (as long as the diet, training, health and sleep is up to scratch as mentioned previously).

Several grams of test per week, several grams of anabolics per week, up to 2g/week of tren, a shit load of orals, insulin several times a day year round, GH as much as can be afforded - 15 to 30IU/day, etc.

BUT, pros have the genetics to have their bodies accept the gear, and generally not get sick on it.

And ancilliary use is huge - liver aids to the max, anti-e’s, dht blockers, cardio supps, cholesterol supps, etc.

Still, most of them are complete wrecks. They can’t control bodily functions,
they pass out from walking a flight of stairs, they get drenched in sweat from tying their shoelaces. Gyno, baldness, dry skin, gout, excess bodily hair, acne, etc are ALL existant in virtually all of them.

It is not a healthy sport, drug use is ENORMOUS, but to ignore it and to preach otherwise is pathetic and not what this site is about.

BTW, (his company’s) books have on them who’s who of current pros ordering site-enhancement oil constantly. They ALL use it extensively. It is pathetic though, when one orders a bottle and their credit card gets declined due to not enough funds. You think a 30+ yo would have his life in order more than that.

Anyway, I’m sick of seeing the bullshit that has been promoted on this site the last few years. This site was originally set up as an uncensored place where you can find the truth about advanced performance enhancing, regardless of consequences. It’s getting back to that. "[/quote]

I seriously never dropped an F# here in all my posts but this one deserves it.

Fuckin great to have you back Walkway! The unadulterated truth has been spoken.