189 to 176

Hey guys, I am in need of some help.

I am a boxer, 16 years old 189 pounds about 5’10 and I no longer have any interest in fighting at 189. I want to get down to about 176, in about 2 or 3 months time, and be lean and strong.

Right now I am in pretty good condition, but my physique and overall leanness is poor. I hope you guys can help.

Diet:
Breakfeast- 1 Slice of whole wheat bread with peanutbutter and water.
Water and sometimes cashews in between breakfeast and lunch.

I was eating school lunch, but then started packing my own and took off about 5 pounds in 2 weeks… pretty ridiculous how bad school food is.

Lunch - 2 Slices whole wheat bread with Deli Chicken and roast beef, With bannana water, and 1 skim milk cheese stick.

Dinner- Usually 2 chicken baked perdue breast, with water or green tea.
or 2 pieces of salmon that my mom makes for me.

Then usually some cashews and other assorted good foods. and a protein shake after I workout,about an hour before I go to bed.

Workout:

Monday- Friday Boxing workout, Calistenthics, Sparring, Mitt work, bag work, pushups, situps, medicine ball workouts, plyo’s, sand bag and tire/sledgehammer work, sprinting and intervals in the parking lot.

I do this everyday pretty much , sometimes friday its a bit lighter.

Saturday: I usually lift weights in the morning before work, deadlifts, squats, shrugs, and pullups, calf work, and forearm work Then when I get home I run sprints at the football field.
Sunday- Jog for 2 or 3 miles or rest entirely.

That is my workout for the week.

So what I am asking of you guys, is to help me out to try and get down to 176. Any tips or anything is apperciated thank you.

[quote]boxerjx wrote:
Hey guys, I am in need of some help.

I am a boxer, 16 years old 189 pounds about 5’10 and I no longer have any interest in fighting at 189. I want to get down to about 176, in about 2 or 3 months time, and be lean and strong.

Right now I am in pretty good condition, but my physique and overall leanness is poor. I hope you guys can help.

Diet:
Breakfeast- 1 Slice of whole wheat bread with peanutbutter and water.
Water and sometimes cashews in between breakfeast and lunch.

I was eating school lunch, but then started packing my own and took off about 5 pounds in 2 weeks… pretty ridiculous how bad school food is.

Lunch - 2 Slices whole wheat bread with Deli Chicken and roast beef, With bannana water, and 1 skim milk cheese stick.

Dinner- Usually 2 chicken baked perdue breast, with water or green tea.
or 2 pieces of salmon that my mom makes for me.

Then usually some cashews and other assorted good foods. and a protein shake after I workout,about an hour before I go to bed.

Workout:

Monday- Friday Boxing workout, Calistenthics, Sparring, Mitt work, bag work, pushups, situps, medicine ball workouts, plyo’s, sand bag and tire/sledgehammer work, sprinting and intervals in the parking lot.

I do this everyday pretty much , sometimes friday its a bit lighter.

Saturday: I usually lift weights in the morning before work, deadlifts, squats, shrugs, and pullups, calf work, and forearm work Then when I get home I run sprints at the football field.
Sunday- Jog for 2 or 3 miles or rest entirely.

That is my workout for the week.

So what I am asking of you guys, is to help me out to try and get down to 176. Any tips or anything is apperciated thank you. [/quote]

Well for starters your breakfast is pitiful, add eggs and oatmeal

Switch all bread to starchy carbs imo.

Also I dont think that you are eating nearly enough.

You NEED A NEW Diet read the T-dawg 2.0 diet its perfect for you!

PS: HOW DO YOU FUNCTION ON 1 PIECE OF TOAST AND PB! I eat like 700 caloriest for breakfast at least or i cant even get my ass to do anything!

I dont know man, ive been doing this for awhile too. I dont even feel hungry most of the time. Thanks I’ll check out t-dawg 2.0

Perhaps more importantly… read the beginner stickies, especially Vroom’s thread, at the top of the beginner forum. It’ll probably give you too much information, but that’s good for you, because it’ll provide the foundation for you to tailor your training and diet to your needs.

About your diet… you should eat more. When you don’t eat enough, you drop weight very fast, often sacrificing muscle tissue, and then hit a plateau. Plateauing sucks. And it feels like hopelessness, because you’re working hard and not getting results.

So what should you change your diet to?
Your snacks are good- cashews and protein shakes are great additions to diet. Keep these.

Breakfast: Replace with a half-dozen eggs and some cheese. It’s filling, tasty, and chock-full of protein.

Lunch: Already pretty good- add some fruit here.

Dinner: Add some fat here. I recommend drowning your chicken or salmon in extra virgin olive oil. Some vegetables would also improve it. I recommend spinach and broccoli, because these have high levels of anti-oxidants as well as a bunch of fiber.

As to your workout… So long as you’re doing squats, deadlifts and pullups, you’re good in my book. I suggest trying to work in a second weight-training session, if possible. The second training session may not add that much muscle, but it should increase your metabolism, especially if the bulk of your work is in boxing practice.

ummm…guys? I thought he said he was trying to drop weight.

boxerjx, is this your normal eating schedule? If it is, you must have one hell of an efficient system to maintain 189 on that diet.

Are you wanting to weigh-in at light-heavyweight, or will you be cutting down to super-middle or middleweight? If you want to weigh-in at light-heavy, you could probably cut to it pretty easily right now.

thirteen pounds is not much to drop over two months. You may just be able to change your Sunday to a five-miler, and just work a little harder at your drills.

There is a lot of thought that must go into weight for a boxer, and it’s pretty difficult to plan a strategy without seeing you work.

I would like to weigh in at LH. Also, most of my boxing work is conditioning drills, as one of the main focuses of boxing is conditioning.

If it were me, I’d bring my weight down to 178-182. You could cut that extra 3-7 lbs just before weigh-in.

Your conditioning work and cardio are your best friends when it comes to weight loss. Bring up the intensity on your bag work and run a bit more, and that should do it.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
If it were me, I’d bring my weight down to 178-182. You could cut that extra 3-7 lbs just before weigh-in.

Your conditioning work and cardio are your best friends when it comes to weight loss. Bring up the intensity on your bag work and run a bit more, and that should do it.[/quote]

FINALLY someone replied with information the OP was looking for.

It seems that everyone skipped the ‘lose weight part’ even if it was the fucking title of the thread.