T Nation

1800+ Raw Total And 800+ Deadlift Drug Free 181 Class

Maybe bring your inversion table to the meet lol

1 Like

Hopefully I’ll only have to use it maybe once or twice a month to keep the pain away.

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve ever found something that had this big of an affect at relieving pain. Felt great for the first time in a while at the gym. Doing larsen press until they get shorter benches cause the ones they have are tall and make it easier to bench. Hit 316,341, and 351 for doubles larsen press then worked up to 140 dumbell press for a set of 7. Might have had 8 but that last rep wasn’t worth the effort to grind out.

2 Likes
1 Like

Kind of getting that itch to give a heavy squat a shot. Might see how warm ups go and if they feel good give 575x 1-2 a shot.

2 Likes

To the ones following. Hows your strength lifting on an empty stomach. My 563x3 the other day was after not eating all day and weighed about 192 after the set. Today I was 197 (ate lunch) and 575 felt good but my two spotters had their hands touching the bar a bit on the second rep. I hate when someone does that cause you can never tell if they actually helped. Video will be up in a day or two

1 Like

I don’t have much strength so this is probably useless but o don’t like lifting on an empty stomach. I think it’s 100% placebo though. I have a weak mind so I cater to it. Preworkout carbs are life.

1 Like

I usually eat a couple Of hours before I lift

1 Like

The efficacy of working out on an empty stomach probably has a few factors affecting it. How long ago you ate, your workout duration, and what sort of rep ranges your working in, from low rep strength work to super high rep endurance work - all that stuff will affect how quickly you burn out. As for strength - provided I’m not starving, I’ve never felt like my strength was affected (and you don’t have to worry about upset stomach during deadlifts). It’s just that when I’m hungry, probably due to glycogen depletion, I can’t go as hard for as long.

Also, as with most things, if you do it more often, you’ll get more used to it. A lot of people don’t bother with preworkout nutrition. I can’t say I imagine a lot of powerlifters go the empty stomach route, though. But then again, I’m not a powerlifter, so what the hell do I know, haha.

1 Like

Can’t do it. I need my food. I don’t need tones of food. But if I’ve not eaten for 6h+ I struggle. I typically eat a meal 2-3h hours before. And if it has been 7h+ I normally eat a peanut butter sandwich on the way to the gym and buy a flap Jack once there.

Early morning / fasted is the worst.

1 Like
2 Likes

Looked good man. Have you started thinking about what weight you plan to attempt at the comp?

Not sure I’ve been feeling strong but still pretty beat up overall.

1 Like

Deadlift felt like shit today. If I could get that back on track I might actually think to compete again. Squat has been through the roof. Bench is strong but deadlift today felt terrible I pulled a slow (to me) 686. Think I need to get back into the conventional and especially snatched grip conventional pulls.

Body seems to be coming around. Pulled sumo 405 for an easy belt less set of 15 a few days ago, squatted 410x8 yesterday and 441x10 today. I need to get some volume on sumo again to keep my hamstrings good. I was only pulling up to a mid to high 600 single and groin was feeling good but hamstring was not liking it.

1 Like