1800+ Raw Total And 800+ Deadlift Drug Free 181 Class

506x6 moving pretty good. Thinking I might order a Texas squat bar to have at my gym.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSwpWwcAjyW/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

Nice set of highbar squats top set 386x15.

2 Likes

You squat two days in a row? How frequently do you do movements and variants?

When I feel like it. I try to low bar twice a week and hit lighter highbar the rest of the days I feel like doing it about 2-4 days of the week. Bench is 3-4 days a week and deadlift is varying right now. Usually 1-2 a week whether it’s sumo, conventional or snatch grip conventional

1 Like

New addition to my equipment. Texas squat bar.

3 Likes

Didn’t get to use it today cause I text my gym owner a head of time but didn’t hear back before I went there. Hoping it’s not the whippy bay helping me but I squatted 526x6 relatively easy today. That’s a 2 rep pr for me. I’ve done 4 before and that set had a grindy single left in the tank but was more scheduled than me feeling like hitting it and during high rep work. Today I felt I wanted to see what I could get out of it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS74aMVgoiH/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

Nice squatting and nice celebration from your mate too. LOL

1 Like

Worked up to 516x2 highbar cause I didn’t feel like reps. Funny thing is I think the heaviest highbar single I ever hit until recently was only like 505. Possibly going to try to hit 540x3-4 with the Texas squat bar and calibrated soon to give me a confidence boost. I feel the highbar fairly often each week makes low bar feel way easier.

Man im excited now. Got to the gym and my buddy was about to leave, but stuck around for me for my top squat set. I was warning up today thinking my lower back was a little beat up. Told him I was gonna see how 405 and 475 move with the rep one to see if I wanna go for a big set. This was the first time heavy with my Texas squat bar and also calibrated plates. God knows what the gym plates weigh. 405 ish moved at 0.83mps ( was 0.98 on my 526x6 set with gym plates and whippy bar). 475 I said wanted to see 0.66 or better to continue. Hit it at 0.68 mps. ( 526x6 set my 475 registered 0.74. Hit 541 with calibrated plates and Texas squat bar for 4 with possibly a hard 1 rep left. Was unbelievably happy with that set. Previous best comparable set was a 535x3 and 551x2 on standard gym equipment.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTIgxXKA_yN/?utm_medium=copy_link

2 Likes

Third and final pr and it’s another big one. Heaviest double I’ve ever hit was 560 and heaviest triple was 535 before this last week. I am starting to really like my rep one for getting an idea how the weights move before my top set. Thus time I raised the warm ups a few lbs to make the final jump not too bad. 426lb ish moved at 0.84 mps. 496lb moved at 0.69 mps both warm ups 0.01mps faster than the day I hit my 541x4. And 20 lbs heavier. Top set 563x3 but third rep was a grind. Going to take squat easier the next few weeks.

3 Likes

what do you use for bar speed measurement?

Rep one barbell tracker

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTUnmRbpHO5/?utm_medium=copy_link

2 Likes

That third rep slowing down was surprising, the first two flew up!

I think it’s cause I could feel it a bit in my back my sciatic nerve has been giving me some problems and I slowed me descent on the third rep. I like to get a good bounce out of the hole.

1 Like

super strong in here!!

1 Like

Thanks man

You forgot to mention fkn jacked too :joy:

2 Likes

Think I literally stumbled into a way to get rid of my sciatic nerve pain. It was bothering me a bit after that 563 triple on squat. A few days ago I got my foot caught in a pallet at work and lost my balance and it kind of pulled on it when I tripped. My sciatic nerve pain felt a bit better after that. So the other day I took out my inversion table and hung by only the leg that has the problem. Maybe 30-45 seconds. About 85-90% of the pain went away the second I stood back up. Going to take it easy and not mess with it too bad and see if it’s a complete fix for me. I did it a few days ago and then jumped back into highbar squat and conventional deadlift to 586x4 and it came back. So this time I’m going to give it a few days and see what happens. Similar to the chiropractor it only works if I don’t push it full speed right away.

2 Likes