T Nation

1800+ Raw Total And 800+ Deadlift Drug Free 181 Class

540 squat double.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPjVEbdAqek/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

Started with highbar squat 405x10 then paused bench to 315x2 and 340x2. Also pressed the 120dbs with 10lb dbs on top for 9

1 Like

This sounds delightfully sketchy

They stick in there pretty good. I’ll be changing gyms to one with up to 150s so I should be good for a little longer.

1 Like

Been a rough few days. Started to lift at one gym Saturday only to find out they are closing early since they weren’t fully open yet and had something going on. Sunday I started to do the same workout only to find out I miss read a text and needed to leave to fix my girls car. Monday I got out of work so late the gyms were closed. Today I went in early again and had a rush order pop up that I had to get done. Now I’m beat as shit and about to go try to squat a double that’ll tie my best ever at 550…f me.

2 Likes

Before this last year, I used to “display” my strength lifting. This last year I put about 7-8 lbs of muscle on and on my opinion did not get a good peak. I think I need to go back into that old mode and see what happens. I have been highbar squatting almost every day and the last 3 days didn’t get a chance for one reason or another and my low bar felt strong when I started warming up. Hit my 550 for a double and almost felt like a triple could’ve been in the cards.

3 Likes

550 double on squat and dumbbell pressing 120s with the 20s on top. New gym has up to 150s so I should be good for a bit. I did ask the guy before the set if he knew what I wanted him to do he said yea…He did not.

2 Likes

That spotter/dB placer was sketchy lol

1 Like

Lol yea. I was not expecting all that

1 Like

Yer what the fk was up with that spotter. Looked like he was going to try and balance the dumbells on the wrong way. Did he think you were going to balance them :joy::joy:

Lol idk but then he took one off cause he thought it was about to fall.

Forgot my headphones but ended up being a decent day anyway. Benched up to a triple at 345. Tossed the Slingshot on for 385x3 and 405x2. Highbar squatted 405x11, Db press to 120s plus 22.5s on top. Different kid messed it up a bit so I didn’t end up counting the reps. Like 4-5. Then some Weighted Pullups with 25lbs x8, 50lbs x8, and 75lbs x9. Felt pretty strong today. And actually yesterday I got reverse band squat up to 595 for a single. Took 60 lbs off in the home and then a highbar back down with 365x13. And still pulled a smooth 585x2 conventional. I will continue to push my conventional. Think I could’ve hit a triple and I was pretty tired from the squats.

Really leaning towards I didn’t have the best peak and enough time under heavy weight. Still figuring out what the groin wants to do on sumo pulls.

1 Like