1800+ Raw Total And 800+ Deadlift Drug Free 181 Class

Here now. Just finished squat. Calming down before ramping up for bench. Little disappointed. All week i was picturing 584-589 third. A buddy here pushed my coach to up the third attempt a hair more. 595- missed the lift but it didn’t bury me. Ended with my second attempt at 562.

4 Likes

Not my day today. Figured might as well push the bench a bit cause I missed the squat and missed a third at 380. Honestly pretty annoyed with the bullshit squat attempt. Had I made a slightly lighter attempt I would have took bench a hair easier to build a total. May or may not full send deadlift.

3 Likes

And? have you lifted yet?

Just finished a bit ago. Groin discomfort came back on the first pull. Lowered my opener from 700 to 690 and went to lower it again to 670 cause it was really bothering me and couldn’t. Pulled 690 and red light for falling forward. Upped it to 700 and pulled it slower to get the lift. Then said the hell with it full send on 716 and moved great. The big squat fail really came back to bite me. I didn’t know but I took best lifter and they are giving me a custom pioneer belt. How ever I want it. If I knew that was the best lifter prize I would’ve been far more conservative. Went 6/9 with 1636 leaving like 90 lbs on the table if the final squat attempt was selected better

2 Likes

Here’s my second and third attempts and a few pictures.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN0o-b_gL_4/?igshid=10tfu2s1ebtwb

1 Like

Might kind of bump this a few times. Any thoughts on what to have the lever have with?

Dude that was awesome. I’m jealous of the squat depth. The fail on the pull made no sense to me but whatever. You made up for it.

Started to feel my groin injury warming up on deadlift dropped my opener 700 to 690 and tried to lower it again to 670. Last warm up was 640. Was focused on not getting hurt and came forward. Second pull I went went to 700 and slow to just kind of get the lift. Third I said fuck it and just ripped out. Looking back I shouldve done that with a lot more. As so mad at myself at that point I didn’t care about the final pull. I think the missed squat made everything kind of go down hill. That third should’ve been probably 584 was a safe bet.

Also I didn’t have the deadlift fail on there. Pretty much went up and came back down. I have the second and third attempts on there. Which I actually am not happy with the second attempt either. When I hurt myself, it took about 5 weeks into my peak to feel better I shouldve canceled the comp but thought I could still put up a pr total and pr on squat and deadlift.

A bit annoyed. Was told i cant have an exotic leather belt as my custom belt and not allowed to build it and pay the difference. Since I got all hyped up and a sweet belt I think I’m gonna build the one I want then give away the free custom pioneer belt to someone that lifts locally. They can build it how they want.

1 Like

Two days back to the gym and man it sucks. I’m sore as hell and weak in the accessory movements. The mask sucks too. I can’t breath after a decently hard set

1 Like

Not good mate, how long do you have to wear a mask for ?

Don’t know yet. Some gyms make you others don’t care. I’m gonna be switching gyms in a month. One better suited to me is opening and closer within the month

I used to prefer a whippy bar on squat. After training at home with a power bar, the gym bar whip was throwing me off. Used a thicker bar that they have and squats went pretty good yesterday. Top set 485x4 not bad at all but my side above my hip hurts. Possibly a small strain. I’m getting old and my body keeps letting me know.

1 Like

Just 485 for 4 on squat to start back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COYMNc3AhcN/?igshid=i1kelumlweoj

3 Likes

I might be rolling into another comp for more conservative lifts looking to total more than my best comp of 1692. Gonna see how my groin feels. I haven’t pulled more than 585x4 on a stiff bar since my meet. I was honestly embarrassed by my last meet, that was the first meet I didn’t call my attempts. This time I will be calling them if I decide to go for it

4 Likes

Already pissed off today and go to move my plates to bring them to a new gym. The wheels on my 1 year old never used titan plate tree (rated for 1,000lbs) exploded with only 705lbs loaded on in. Now I have to weld stronger wheels on it. Keep in mind I had the plate tree but have not had any weight loaded on it for pretty much the entire time I had in. Only to test fit plates and weld a chain to it so I can lock it all up.

515 squat triple

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPGUHqxgQs0/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

595x9 cause I miss counted. Actually moved really well this time. I used a massage gun on my legs a bit before. That gun has helped a lot with shoulder pain on bench. I use it on the way to the gym for about 15 minutes. Bench feels way better but also in the warmer months now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPJr9ZUgTzc/?utm_medium=copy_link

hit a 540 double on squat today followed it with 706 paused deadlift. Deadlift is starting to come back. No groin issues right now. Then some highbar squat up to 405x8. I took a look back to the meet I pulled 750 years ago and realized my pull is slightly different now. I’m going to try to go back to that positioning and see what happens. I also noticed my squat was moving better when I was high bar squatting along with low bar so I’m adding that back in.

1 Like

Highbar squat up to 435x5 and a close grip paused double at 315 and single at 335. Was back and forth about trying to jump into a comp and said no and now I’m rethinking it. I feel like some time under heavy weight and I could do really good. I built more muscle with all the reps over the last year and didn’t really get a good peak for my last meet. Along with bad attempt selection.

1 Like