1800+ Raw Total And 800+ Deadlift Drug Free 181 Class

Funny thing. I said I was going to clean up my diet after seeing a little extra fat on my stomach. I barely changed it and I’m consistently about 6 lbs lighter most days. I was 190 this morning. Example of what I changed instead of a whole calzone or a container of fried chicken and cheese fries for lunch, I do a tuna salad sandwich and cheese fries. Feels good to get in shape.

6 Likes

Close grip benched today up to 315x4. Hit weighed pull ups sets of 8 with 13,18,26,35,44,and 53 lbs in kettlebells. Then Db pressed 100s for two sets 23,18. Caked it an early day.

2 Likes

Squatted up to 555x1 today. Think the heavy deadlift a few days ago got to me a little too much. Thought I should be good for a double but not quite so racked it. Pulled light against bands 485x3 plus 200 in bands. Bodyweight is still 191 today.
I always leave crap out. I did a drop set with 480 thinking id get 7-8 and hit a slowish 4 and racked it.

https://instagram.com/p/Bs0yxH6AMFl/

1 Like

Do you track workouts?

Just following your log I see a cycle of up and down swings. I can’t figure out your training system other than go in and hit as heavy as the body will allow for the day.

Just my weakling .02 but I think you would benefit from some sort of periodization and peaking model

Its mixed up but there is some thought behind it. If I explain it in person people are usually like wtf. Usually and downward travel in my lifts are an injury. I keep track of my best sets I’ve ever done for lifts like squat, paused squat, Bench, Close grip, tng, deadlift, banded deadlift and a few others normally I come in and aim to beat a set either by adding 5 lbs or getting another rep to it. Usually done on its dedicated day where it’s the first lift. This doesn’t always happen and sometimes I just lift how I feel. Then I alternate accessories for the day between back and (legs for squat or dead) (chest,arms on bench day) back accessories always go by feel. I try to aim for heavier back stuff on my squat and dead days because it’ll give me the most time to heal up.

Days are usually
Sunday -Bench and back
Monday -squat and back
Tuesday -bench and back
Wednesday - heavy deadlift, lighter squat and back
Thursday -bench and back
Friday -off
Saturday - heavy squat and deadlift against bands and back

Over the years I’ve realized I need to stop grinding weights cause that’s when I get too beat up. Recently I’ve dropped a few lbs so it’s not bad that I’m moving some good numbers. With this sleeved squat 555 plus the bench from the online comp 375 and the deadlift 765 cleaned up granted I pulled a 730 double before hand I’m looking at 3 lbs over my best wrapped comp total in sleeves at 3 lbs higher bodyweight. With wraps id be closer to 580 or more right now. If I cut to 181.8 and put that up or would put me top 5 all time in that weight class. And deadlift would tie the world record. The problem is its not easy to sustain that level. I plan to keep most of my squat sets in the 400s bench in the 300s and deadlift in the mid600 to low 700( I can get away with deadlift more because of leverage) and build from there. My last dip in lifts was a stupid accident from slipping while baiting for deer and I overdid it with back since I wasn’t deadlifting or squatting and hurt my arm. Didn’t reread this so auto correct may have messed some parts up but this should be a decent answer for you

3 Likes

It’s good. The detail and planning you participate in week to week don’t easily translate through the log. I see what you are doing now. It make sense to me now. Not that it making sense to me matters at all, just trying to wrap my head around where you are coming from…

Thanks for taking the time to splain it to this hard head.

No prob. I should really update it with all my lifts I’ve just been stupid busy with work, hunting and bought a house and now I’ve got classes coming up. It’s a pain

1 Like

Dude it’s your log don’t post shit that seems irrelevant to you. It’s all good. I was just curious.

Yea but it’s a log for a reason. I’ve been busy posting the main lifts and barely ever mentioning accessory work lol.

1 Like

Yesterday I benched pretty good. 325x5, 355x2 and a quick single at 370. The cold was getting to my shoulders but starred taking fish oil and it seems to be helping. Today was lighter squat with 430x12. I was trying to tie my best with 405 which was 14 and got messed up and thought I hit 13 till I replayed. Let all my air out on that 12th one so I would’ve got folded over going for another. Happy it was just breathing holding it back. Then did 3 sets of pull ups with an 18lb kettlebell 20,15,15. I’m possibly going for a big deadlift in two days but I’m going to see how I feel the day of. If I’m feeling it, I’m loading 780 and going to warm up and hit it no big set before.

https://instagram.com/p/Bs6Y5LXgBTc/

3 Likes

Fish oil is magic elixir… I’ve upped my intake recently and I feel better than ever

Yea I’m shocked how well it worked. The cold really gets to me on bench. It was 8 yesterday morning with a real feel of -12, 22 mph winds terrible

1 Like

Not my day. Tried 780 and it beat me. Somehow my ring finger was bleeding everywhere after. Never had that before.

2 Likes

Did some bench and dB press yesterday up to 320x4 paused. And db press 110s x20. Called it a day after that. Normally I take off Friday but since I didn’t do much I came in today and benched again up to 335 for almost 4 paused, had it most of the way up but needed a little help. 4 would’ve been an all time best for me. Then did some pull ups. Sets of 10 with 26, 44 and 61 lb kettlebells. Here’s a clip of the Db press 110x20 yesterday.

https://instagram.com/p/BtBJxcaAxaE/

3 Likes

Big all time rep pr on squat today. Hit 465x10. Previous bests were 450x10 and have also done 475x8. This beats both in my opinion. Then hung my belt in the locker and turned my back and it fell on the tile floor and cracked my lever. Which is why I usually don’t hang it ever. Will attach a video of the squat today. Here’s the belt. Will this hold up until I can have another lever shipped to me? Deadlifted up to 675x3 on a stiff bar after the squats and did Pullups for sets of 8 with 26, 35, 44, 53 and 70 lbs in kettlebells

https://instagram.com/p/BtGmovDgeuH/

3 Likes

Do lever belts break that easily from falling?

I wouldn’t say that easy. I have had it fall a few times and I have occasionally thrown it lightly at the rubber gym floor after a missed lift. The belt is about 2 years old I believe or close to it. Might actually be like a year and a half. Can’t remember but switched right after my last comp

If you can weld or solder it until you get a new one that would probably be a good idea. I have seen a couple videos of levers popping on squats and it doesn’t always end well since you lose so much tension all of a sudden. It’s usually Titan belts, but I think something like that happened to Ray Williams with a SBD. Otherwise maybe train beltless until then because it’s an accident waiting to happen.

1 Like

I definitely won’t train beltless. I left a message for pioneer to call me back as soon as possible. Hoping to get one sent quick but also thinking I might get one engraved which would take a while. I can’t see solder helping much. I could weld it but it’s not steel since it cracked like that. It make be cast aluminum in which case I can’t weld that. I’ll have to run a magnet over it.

If it was me I would rather train beltless than take the chance of it popping open on a heavy squat. At least for squats, you wouldn’t really have the same degree of risk on deadlifts. I was thinking for a while that I should get a backup lever in case mine breaks one day so I don’t get stuck without a belt, maybe I will go ahead and do that.