1800+ Raw Total And 800+ Deadlift Drug Free 181 Class

That squat didn’t even look hard, I bet you could manage another 30lbs today.

I honestly am not sure I never really looked at it. It’s iere cbd 500mg pain in a red labeled bottle. Was initially a spray that was replaced by a dropper. I find it most usefully 1 hour before training, if your taking preworkout you shouldn’t feel tired. If I were you id try it before you lift on days where that body part usually bothers you. For me it’s only bench days when I feel I need it.
As for the squat I almost jumped to 545 after 525 but I didn’t want to go overboard. It was most likely there but my lower back is tired from squat and deadlifts a few days ago.

1 Like

Deadlifted 670x5 and a good 735 single after. Only 15 lbs shy of my best set of 5. Reverse band squatted after deads up to 565x2. Bands took 70 lbs off in the hole. No video of the squat though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br2vtIQgIEn/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=3wzxln91tjx5

1 Like

Today kicked my ass a bit. Worked up to 475x7 on squat, 1 rep off my best. Deadlifted up to 565x6 plus 200 lbs in band tension. Unfortunately it pinched the base of my thumb so I got a nice blood blister there. I’ll attach clips of the squat and pull soon. Here is the damage to my thumb lol. I saw it happening but hook gripped the final set anyway. I need to set the bar a little lower in my fingers next time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br-yd9NgeWt/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=11rbr3j0ajq6b

2 Likes

Just found out the Arnold is the week after that deadlift contest, so I think I’m going to have to skip the contest. A buddy of mine is sponsored by animal and he’s going to bring me in the cage ahead of everyone to hopefully pull around 800 with the non calibrated plates.

1 Like

I heard they shave a bit off their plates…conspiracies

Well shit if they do I may have to load 830 on it to pull over the 198 record. Pulling on the uncalibrated plates is so much easier as long as I take all the slack out. I want to pull 800 soon in the gym now that I’m healed up. Only problem is that pinched skin from my last pull, I had to open it up.

1 Like

Then you get featured on their YouTube, build a social media following of millions and make a living off of selling booty workouts and promoting fit tea. Life goals right there

3 Likes

The American dream

2 Likes

How did you only squat 525 the other day and now you get 475x7? You should be able to squat close to 600 based on that.

2 Likes

I’m no where near peaked on squat. When I hit the 525 the highest I went in the 2 months leading to that was 455. Which happened to be 3 days before and for 9 reps. Once I’m comfortable under heavier weight I should be good for 560-580 in sleeves. Hopefully 580 cause when I hit 475x8 I smoked 570 in sleeves.

Also have to remember I was coming back from a knee injury and really didn’t want to push it just yet. For that comp I really only pushed the bench.

1 Like

What’s with all the high reps anyways, do you find that helps your squat a lot?

Dude is deadlifting barefoot bad? Also is it allowed in comps?

Are you that cunt that tells me to put me shoes on in the gym “WhAt If YoU DrOp WeIgHt oN yOuR fOoT.” I’ll drop a 50kg plate on your shoes and see how well they protect you

*angry guinea pig noises

But actually

Pros: Close to ground/feel the ground and root feet better, laziness and easy transition to flip flops

Cons: Dangerouser, Foot Rolling, Slipping Due to Poor Traction

Barefoot not allowed in comps. Some comps that are super loose on rules might. Lots of people use deadlift slippers.

No socks in comps either? I dropped a 45 plate on my toe 2 months ago and having a shoe on didnt help at all, the bone was shattered.

Long socks required on DL so the bar doesn’t become HIV Aladeen

I’ve found that when I keep the weight under 500 i tend to recover a lot easier. Seems like around 525 is the cut off for now where itll start to beat up my lower back if i go over that more than once a week. I’m sure that number will gradually get higher though.

1 Like

That’s funny, I would have thought that more volume would beat your back up more. It does for me at least.

Most likely that heavier weight forces me forward enough to stress the lower back but with say 455 my back remains straighter and legs end up burning out.

1 Like

Well it depends if people before you were Hiv AladEEn or Hiv ALaDeen.

1 Like