1800+ Raw Total And 800+ Deadlift Drug Free 181 Class

No cake for you Skinny cutting boy

I’ll be bigger than you ez when I bulk

Anyone bigger than me is on roids 0_o

Ur just a hater

I bet u take creatine and protein bruh Fake natty

I’m vegan and a CrossFit god

1 Like

Squatted today up to 440x6. Moved slow but I expected this. Probably had 8 maybe 9 in me which isn’t bad considering my legs are beat up from 405x14 and 635x3 deficit paused deadlifts two days ago. Going to most likely reverse band 455 for 6-8 on Wednesday and do max reps at 440 on Saturday. Things may change depending how I feel but that’s what I’m thinking for now.

Squatted today up to a top set of 440x9. My best ever is 450x10 and I probably had 440x10 if I really wanted it but it felt heavy. Hit sumo against bands with a top set of 485 +200 lbs of bands for an easy 7. Should’ve bumped the weight up but I’m going to slowly go up each week with the goal of low to mid 600s for singles as fast as I can pull it. Front squats up to 275x8 and 295x8 and a few rows to finish the day. This session took a lot out of me. Will post the squat and deadlift clip here tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: bodyweight is also down to 193 and going to try to walk around about there for an easy cut to 181 at some point in the future.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrbXxeVAKnq/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=19z9r03gxkh5a

5 Likes

Got some benching in today with a group of guys in PA. Did it at a gym one of them goes too and I got talked into pulling 705. This was beltless cause I didn’t bring it and the day after that big squat 440x9 and deadlift 485 +200 lbs of bands x7 session. My legs are shot.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrdJve0F7HX/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=mzd5dhbi9cuc

4 Likes

So I assume your knee is feeling better, that’s good. Are you planning to compete anytime soon or what is the deal?

Sumo Sensei Inspiration

1 Like

Yea knee and arm are feeling way better. I would like to do what I had planned last year (2018) this year (2019). Qualify in the spring and try to go into the 1700s without a weight cut and do a bigger meet at the end of the year cutting to 181 and looking to finally have a shot at some records.

1 Like

Here’s some motivation for you, John Haack with 1929 at 181:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrbX3_DHD9O/

1 Like

I saw that though it’s not much motivation for me. I like to watch lifters outside of my class put up big numbers cause then it’s not more competition for me. Granted he competes untested now so not really in the same class.

1 Like

Fair enough.

1 Like

Coming back nicely. Last week I wanted max reps with 665 and managed a hard 3. That video never made it anywhere. Today I pulled a smooth 4 but thumbs need to get used to hook grip a bit and started to slip on the fourth. Pulled a decent single at 720 after that. Took it easy ish on squat with 455x5 (which actually felt a bit hard since I deadlifted first) and some back and leg accessories. Will post the top sets of deadlift at some point today under this text.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brk_gaXAVHo/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1uun1o6m09k9t

4 Likes

Is 665x4 close to a PR or what?

I never really paid attention to how you grip the bar until you mentioned it recently, you don’t find that it feels odd having your hands closer than shoulder width? The only other person I have seen do that is Chris Duffin so there must be something to it. For me as long as my thumb is on the smooth I’m fine, going closer just doesn’t feel right. You do this to save your hands or is there another reason?

1 Like

My best was 705x4 after 2 triples. And yea grabbing the smooth saves the thumbs but also allows for a little bit more bend. I have a handful of tricks that help cut down rom. Some are Commonly seen others not so much.

2 Likes

Teach us your ways

Just for you. Some of these are common sense but here’s the list of everything I can think of to reduce rom starting with the most obvious

Deadlift bar
Wrestling shoes
Wide stance
Pulling slack out of the bar
Hook gripping low in the fingers
Hook gripping smooth
Drop your shoulders

If each one of these gets you 1/4" that’s 2" but some are more or less. Every 1/4" adds up.

7 Likes