T Nation

18 Yr Old with Pubertal Gyno, Run Letro?

Okay so i have had gyno for about 3-6 months, anyway it is absolutely destroying my self esteem. i can't shop for t shirts or anything, it is making me so depressed, and i want to upload a progress photo soon, and i can't because of my nipples.

My doctor said it is pubertal, i have not taken steroids or anything like that. So i was thinking would it screw me up if i was to run letro? a few guys i know were saying it would be good to run. but i was wondering if i could get a few more opinions?
thanks guys, by the way new to the thread :slightly_smiling:

I feel for you and had the same thing but didn’t know it. I remember uncomfortably showing my dad these lumps but he told me it was nothing. Friends always made fun of my nipples cause they looked like a females.

Fast forward twelve years later when researching my first cycle. I came across gyno suddenly it made sense that I had puberty gyno. Mine is very mild, however, it still bothers me.

I’m very curious if there’s a way to improve yours since it’s recent. Obviously it’s too late for me. How bad is yours?

“My doctor said it is pubertal” Of course it is, but just maybe he could prescribe letro or Arimidex or something and monitor your progress…

I’ve had pretty bad pubertal gyno since I was like 14 and have been getting made fun of for it since then. Letro seems a little harsh but worst case scenario it does nothing best case it fixes it.

Yes but why if he has a doctor should he try to figure it all on his own? Get another doc…

you should really be asking doctors about this, not a forum

Let me know if you try any research chemical ANASTROZOLE to combat the conversion of your natural Testosterone into Estrogen - I am curious if that is a good solution - I have 2 teen sons who are not on AAS but do have puberty gyno - of course drs don’t want to get involved because ANASTROZOLE is not marketed for gyno - it is a breast cancer drug - I am considering 1mg per week to my sons - gyno is psychologically damaging to teens .

One of my oldest friends had it the worst I had ever seen. Now my 13 yr old nephew has it and it is making him quite self conscious as well, I explained to him what it was, but couldn’t answer when he asked if it would go away or if he would need to get surgery for it. I considered acquiring some sort of AI or SERM for him but I haven’t heard of any precedent so I’m uncertain whether I should. My sister would flip her shit if she found out.

I read all t he posts here and again I wonder what the hell the doctors are doing??? They should do blood tests, and find out what is wrong. Dieting changes, exercise. etc could help too.

For grown men on AAS, nolva is used when gyno is present, and AI such as letro are used to wipe gyno in the bud. But these are teens. You should be able to get help from doctors without having to figure it out by yoursleves. WTF!

[quote]Sir toddington wrote:
Let me know if you try any research chemical ANASTROZOLE to combat the conversion of your natural Testosterone into Estrogen - I am curious if that is a good solution - I have 2 teen sons who are not on AAS but do have puberty gyno - of course drs don’t want to get involved because ANASTROZOLE is not marketed for gyno - it is a breast cancer drug - I am considering 1mg per week to my sons - gyno is psychologically damaging to teens . [/quote]

Im always worried about running AI that high esp if they arn’t on AAS, wouldn’t there Estrogen get crashed HARDCORE. And if they are still growing won’t that fuck up there growth?

Of course I too am concerned with messing with teens hormones . But look at the alternatives - you don’t try and fix it and teens get self conscience ( I would too if I had a set of tits as a guy in high school ) - then they turn to “other” ways to cope - maybe alcohol , maybe dope , maybe steroids - who knows what teens are capable of . Point is if I can rationalize a way to fix issue then it could be worth the risk of hormone manipulation . But I do agree with you on the point of be very careful not to overdose and crash estrogen level . Good method would be start with low low dose - 1/8-1/4 mg week .

I have had good success with Rev-Z. Try it for a month or two